Currency Nerfs

Pray for the RNG!
"
Morenyn wrote:
i cant see a reason to nerf currency drops when they nerfed things already affecting currency drops...
And even more with leagues lasting 3 months, where non dedicated people wont smell good things/progression unless they are extremely lucky.

Anyway lets see how this progress, its too soon in the league to talk about, let them fix capturing beasts (which is hard unless they are red special mobs) and mayb add some useful recipe or things to do with them...

It's hard to notice the drops for players who don't invest in maps and run just alched maps. It's easier to notice 14C and 7C difference than 2C and 1C.

This is how it works. Previously you could use currency to gain currency, now you can't:

Before the map base dropped 2C currency and goods, map mods including everything on top of it cost 10C but return was 16C - great! The down side of this was that it required time investment and some thought to be put in.
Now your map base drops 1C currency and goods, map mods including everything on top of it costs 10C but since the base is 2x lower, the return is 8C - W O W E! This isn't something that players adjust themselves either since it's fixed by GGG through flat chaos prices and rarity.

Does anyone even use map mods or does anyone know ANYONE who uses map mods? Out of my 40 friends, nobody uses them and nobody in top 5 global chats gave a positive answer.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
That's what you get for defending mapping nerfs, sextant nerfs, div card nerfs and for supporting a slow korean zoo cash farming simulator league.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
They haven't nerfed drop rates, I'm fairly certain of that. The 2-3 abyss cracks per map were a huge boon for currency farming and now they're gone, and all we have are the, what, 2-3 extra rare beasts from Bestiary? Far cry from Abyss, Harbinger, and Breach.
"
splitsticks wrote:
They haven't nerfed drop rates, I'm fairly certain of that. The 2-3 abyss cracks per map were a huge boon for currency farming and now they're gone, and all we have are the, what, 2-3 extra rare beasts from Bestiary? Far cry from Abyss, Harbinger, and Breach.

While this is true, I am still somewhy certain that nets eat up currency drops which could be because GGG thought it's a good idea, otherwise there will be too many good rares too fast but the issue is that Bestiary is a waste of time and less chaos = less chaos we can use for everything else to a level where it's dumb to use any currency at all.

This is the "money" league where almost all of the currency is actually money, not crafting or mapping tools.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
I've noticed it as well. Just assumed it was both the lack of mechanic that spews out currency like abyss and harbinger, and nets taking up other things on the drop table. Factor those in and I think that's what the issue is.
Huh. I never thought of the net drops further diluting the already incredibly deep drop pool, but that makes a lot of sense.

Anecdotally, I feel like GGG increased the net drop rate in response to complaints, and it further exacerbated the issue. Especially since the problem was only really in the early game, not late game. But now in late game it is a net extravaganza, with like at least a net drop for every group of mobs, it is insane.

This is immediately comparable to GGG adding additional potential affixes to gear, diluting to the point of ridiculousness the chance of finding a great rare.

Path of Dilution?
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
splitsticks wrote:

While this is true, I am still somewhy certain that nets eat up currency drops which could be because GGG thought it's a good idea, otherwise there will be too many good rares too fast but the issue is that Bestiary is a waste of time and less chaos = less chaos we can use for everything else to a level where it's dumb to use any currency at all.

This is the "money" league where almost all of the currency is actually money, not crafting or mapping tools.

Less density and less good div card drops with a terrible league mechanic slowing you down means less currency and drops in general. Unless you are dedicated currency flipper like acolina don't get your hopes high on making $$$. Mapping was nerfed and there was a lot of support to those nerfs. It's the effect of balancing the game for the majorities. So just deal with it.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I've done all tiers of maps now except for T15, the drop rates are absolutely abysmal and you can't even use any of tools to improve it.

Do you or anyone you know even use map device mods?
Map device is useless, sextants are close to irrelevant, rerolling is a HEAVY deficit, chisels are 50/50 instead of no brainer, frags are pointless to be stacked because you can't fully buff maps, prophecies are expensive because of the new fated uniques - you're only left with running alched maps. Big fun time!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094448

Ye man, i think i use map device occasionally. Sounds like a typical git gud problem to me you got there. You are just spoiled by Abyss droprates and crying that you no longer bath in undeserved currency.
"
IMBrewmaster wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I've done all tiers of maps now except for T15, the drop rates are absolutely abysmal and you can't even use any of tools to improve it.

Do you or anyone you know even use map device mods?
Map device is useless, sextants are close to irrelevant, rerolling is a HEAVY deficit, chisels are 50/50 instead of no brainer, frags are pointless to be stacked because you can't fully buff maps, prophecies are expensive because of the new fated uniques - you're only left with running alched maps. Big fun time!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094448

Ye man, i think i use map device occasionally. Sounds like a typical git gud problem to me you got there. You are just spoiled by Abyss droprates and crying that you no longer bath in undeserved currency.

Yeah, when you group maps and race, obviously you can and have to use map device mods. If you'd play solo, you'd be out of currency real quick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info