Currency Nerfs

"
ladish wrote:
Every other alc or higher that dropped for you got rerolled into a net.

^this
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Another thing I noticed while running the story mode. This might be legit RNG as I don't usually run more than one char to maps, but I had negative resis up to act 8. This was due to dropping a very, very little amount of any rare gear in the acts before. I'm used to ignoring blue gear in all leagues so far as getting rares to fill slots becomes pretty easy around/after a3'ish, but now I had to go for some serious blue crafting and even buying to fill up some slots.
I wonder this unconfirmed theory has anything to do with my whopping 0 blessed orbs as well. I am also drowning in nets. Level 83 so far.
Last edited by Dramondei on Mar 6, 2018, 1:35:49 PM
Anyone else wanna do some test runs? I thought about it myself but I'm so fucking jaded from whoring myself out to only SUSTAIN maps.

"
Kreakor wrote:
I'm back with a bigger sample size. Now 32 maps all rolled with alcs.

Stuff i picked up was:
Chrome recipy
Jewlers recipy
all unique for vendor.
And full inven of rares

Got
19 Alchs!!!!
5 chaos!!!!
5 Vaal
12 fusings!!!!
83 jewlers
68 chromes
60 alterations
40 transmutations
5 chisles FIVE!!!

NETS oh boy... 174 I cant even spend that many like EVER

And few of the others. The thing to note here is the VERY low chaos/chisel and alch drops. I have never lost 1/3 of my alchs when mapping even with vendoring unique's and rares. The currency we use to map with just dont drop. The rest is easy to get from picking up stuff.

Then you might say hey you can just trade your currency for chaos. Then i say ive never in my time on poe had to do that when you alch all your maps. Never.

So yes something is fucked with some of the drops, especially when you look how many nets i got in 32 maps.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
IMBrewmaster wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I've done all tiers of maps now except for T15, the drop rates are absolutely abysmal and you can't even use any of tools to improve it.

Do you or anyone you know even use map device mods?
Map device is useless, sextants are close to irrelevant, rerolling is a HEAVY deficit, chisels are 50/50 instead of no brainer, frags are pointless to be stacked because you can't fully buff maps, prophecies are expensive because of the new fated uniques - you're only left with running alched maps. Big fun time!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094448

Ye man, i think i use map device occasionally. Sounds like a typical git gud problem to me you got there. You are just spoiled by Abyss droprates and crying that you no longer bath in undeserved currency.

Or maybe not everyone is a gerbil getting carried by the group? Some of us like to enjoy the game solo, as crazy as that seems. Also reached maps and the drops still suck ass.
Last edited by andreicde on Mar 7, 2018, 12:46:20 AM
Posting it here too, I am now 100% sure that currencies are nerfed. I was left off previously on 6 smaller maps with only 1 vaal orb drop which is bad RNG but if I add 5 more on top of it:

I ran some just in case to check it out. All with 70 - 90 quant rare + 19% Goldwyrms. Didn't write down below alch currencies and probably missed a few steel nets.

First map 0 rare currency drops - Mud Geiser ( small map)
Second map 1 chaos 1 fuse - Estuary ( big map)
Third map 1 fuse - Arachnid nest ( big map)
Fourth map 1 fuse 1 regret 1 vaal - Vaal Temple with double boss ( big map)
Fifth map 2 scour 1 alch - Residence ( big map)

33 steel nets, 6 thauma nets.

The overall profit is something like 2C for 4 giant maps with all of the cool extra on top of it. Ended with 2 blue mud geysers, I started from 3 previously owned rare maps. Without Goldwyrms, the profit would be 1C.

Not bothering to test anymore until GGG actually writes something.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
+

Its not because of nets. I play in standard and here are my observations:

I LOST 200+ chisels running maps with quality, alch, vaal and go since the league started, using full legacy IIQ gear in all slots + IIQ gem and perfect bisco.

USING THE SAME APPROACH previously, I always managed to GAIN chisels - slowly but surely was getting more than I used.

So previously I was getting more chisels than I used, now I lost 200 chisels in total in the span of a few days !

Bonus:
- loot from 20Q 8 mod vaaled Beach map, 20Q legacy IIQ gem, full perfect legacy IIQ gear and perfect bisco
ign: klavesnica
I think there has been a massive nerf to currency and map drop rates. Ran 30 shaped channels last night. Have 94% map bonus. Could not even come close to maintaining a map pool. Got a tier 10+ map drop maybe every 5 maps. Got 6 chaos orbs in all those maps. Alching and chiseling was used on the maps.

It's not worth playing with the game like this. Investing in maps is not worth it when you're not getting returns and can't even sustain t10. What a joke. What gives with this garbage?
Last edited by sourtimer on Mar 7, 2018, 8:10:25 AM

LUL....!

I have already used more than 300 net without counting those of my inventory, for me it is obvious the drop of net takes the ascendancy on the drop of currency ...
Last edited by NeoG on Mar 7, 2018, 8:46:38 AM
Lvl 88, 1 Day 9h

Chaos: ~40
Vaal: 6, lul
Ex: 0
Alch: idk, enough
Regal: 6
Blessed: 10
Div: 1
--------
Meanwhile
Thaumaturgical Net: 48