Currency Nerfs

"
Completed 26 Challengeskolyaboo wrote:
It appears that the currency drops are back to normal after last patch. There might have been a bug somewhere in the coding that they scrubbed. Stealth fix. I noticed it right away last night even though I didn't play long. 2 or 3 maps, twice the currency of before patch.


This needs to be truly proven by someone now or a GGG post, already wasted time running maps testing it.
Master of Reave - pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2064695
King of Spectral Throw - pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2163152
Cash Grabbers Club Consultant - pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2173407
Uber Elder & Shaper Tormentor - pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2186701
"
Completed 21 ChallengesKiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Completed 26 Challengeskolyaboo wrote:
It appears that the currency drops are back to normal after last patch. There might have been a bug somewhere in the coding that they scrubbed. Stealth fix. I noticed it right away last night even though I didn't play long. 2 or 3 maps, twice the currency of before patch.


This needs to be truly proven by someone now or a GGG post, already wasted time running maps testing it.


2-3 maps run and it's fixed? People really don't understand RNG...
Alright, it is not fixed then. Have it your own way. And I don't understand RNG either. Whatever you say. Literally the world is hanging onto your every word. ROFL
Wraeclast: Where no one smokes but everyone dies.
It's because there are no mobs. Maps are ridiculously empty, and now sextants can't make up for it consistently. On top of that, it's far too common to roll <60 quant when alching a map.

GGG needs to bring back 2.6 monster density. Nobody wants to run through several empty screens between packs...
"
sourtimer wrote:
These were my drops from 48 Shaped Dunes (T12), all maps chiseled/alched and always with one sextant active. Usually the sextant mod was extra mobs.

"
Raw Currency Drops:
33 Alchemy

While that data is all concerning, this is probably the biggest issue. While extra mob sextants and chisels on red maps - which will give way better returns then your average alc and go map runner - he spent 48 alc orbs to get 33 back.

I've been running negative alcs this league for the first time ever, and it appears I'm not alone. No one really thinks about alcs, because as long as you run net positive, you really have no need to think about them. But if every single mapper out there runs negative, where do you get alcs from? There are other playstyles that still run net positive alcs - people leveling, noobies running blue (or god help them, white) maps, and lab runners - but can they really make up for the shortfall of every single mapper running negative and needing outside sources to make up the difference? Mappers are supposed to supply currency to the total league economy, not drain it out.

In most leagues, Alc orbs were 3-4 per chaos. A few days ago they were 2.5 per chaos in Bestiary. Just yesterday I bought some at 2.2 per chaos. Today I load up poetrade and they are looking to be going at an even 2 per chaos. That trend is just going to get worse and worse most likely if everyone needs to buy alcs just to sustain basic mapping, and have so few people to buy them from.

Bestiary has enough issues without completely screwing over the basic economics of sustainable mapping.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Mar 8, 2018, 6:17:06 PM
This takes the fun out of the game for everyone, not only those MF-geared, full-modded Vault runners that GGG was probably targeting. I don't care about that at all.
I never was one of those people. I just alch whatever the hell comes into my hands and run it. Sometimes i Chissel, sometimes i vaal, sometimes i use zana or sextants (mostly for challenges though).

I was about to write one hell of a rant, but i'm too fucking tired after running friggin BLUE MAPS all day because i can't f'ing sustain anything like this. Where's the fun in running "Skeletons that probably can't avoid Elemental Ailments"-Maps instead of "This nightmare of DMG- and Debuff-Mods will mess your shit up"-Maps?
Last edited by H4Zz4rD on Mar 8, 2018, 10:44:54 PM
"
sourtimer wrote:
These were my drops from 48 Shaped Dunes (T12), all maps chiseled/alched and always with one sextant active. 94% atlas bonus. Usually the sextant mod was extra mobs. Currency does feel nerfed imo, even though I got an exalt, first one this league, took me until level 92. Map drops seem fine though imo.



"
Raw Currency Drops:

1 Exalted
12 Chaos
41 Jewelers
33 Alchemy
5 Scour
9 Regret
55 Chromatic
8 Glassblower
3 GCP
47 Chance
9 Vaal
59 Augment
27 Alteration
113 Transmute
3 Regal
1 Blessed
25 Fuse
29 Chisel
7 Journeyman Sextant
1 Apprentice Sextant
2 Master Sextant
11 Silver Coin
6 Xoph
12 Chayula
4 Tul
1 Esh


Items that sold for chaos:

Queen of the Forest - 30C
Perseverence - 3C
Agnerod West - 2C
Lioneye's Remorse - 2C
Enlighten - 5C
Wanderlust - 1C



Maps:

Tier 3 : 1
Tier 4 : 1
Tier 5: 3
Tier 6: 7
Tier 7: 10
Tier 8: 12
Tier 9: 12
Tier 10: 7
Tier 11: 10
Tier 12: 15
Tier 13: 16
Tier 14: 3
Mao Kun: 1



Divination Cards:

2 Earth Drinker
2 The Trial
2 The Encroaching Darkness
7 The Gambler
1 The Puzzle
1 The Calling



6 socket vendor items : 23


what was your atlas completion bonus when doing this test?
"
This is the first time in over 5 years I've had trouble affording master crafting resists. I've been wondering what is going on for two days now.

I have a feeling nets are eating into transmute and augment orbs especially.

That would be pretty bad if that's what ggg decided to do.


I was wondering what the heck was going on myself while playing. I feel SO poor compared to every previous league I've ever played. Speaking of Incursion League ofc. Are people still feeling starved for currency during the leveling process?
Last edited by Dogmans89 on Aug 13, 2018, 8:14:05 PM
"
Completed 15 ChallengesDogmans89 wrote:
"
This is the first time in over 5 years I've had trouble affording master crafting resists. I've been wondering what is going on for two days now.

I have a feeling nets are eating into transmute and augment orbs especially.

That would be pretty bad if that's what ggg decided to do.


I was wondering what the heck was going on myself while playing. I feel SO poor compared to every previous league I've ever played. Speaking of Incursion League ofc. Are people still feeling starved for currency during the leveling process?


I leveled 2 characters in FB and currency drops are extremely low compared to previous leagues. I was swimming in chance orbs previously, now I dont have 10 on 2 characters from 1-70

Something is definitely fishy
The freedom of birds is an insult to me. I'd have them all in zoos.
Chris told you whinos a few years ago they adjust drops to cater to the economy. Unless you play 10h a day you will see big spikes in drops.

https://youtu.be/0e7OKbkXruk?list=PL4aZrsY9M5qA3-seudJZlG4I1NsUHDGxg&t=2180

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info