Currency Nerfs

"
Every other alc or higher that dropped for you got rerolled into a net.

I was going to respond that I have never bought any nets with alcs... but I dont think that's what you're saying.... Are you suggesting that the game is taking currency drops that should have been something else and replacing them with net drops?

If that's whats going on, that would certainly explain things. Man, every time I think I have ran out of reason to hate nets, I find new horrible things about them. They are like a botomless rabbit hole of awful, and I have no choice but to dive into it.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Mar 5, 2018, 6:51:23 PM
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
"
Every other alc or higher that dropped for you got rerolled into a net.

I was going to respond that I have never bought any nets with alcs... but I dont think that's what you're saying.... Are you suggesting that the game is taking currency drops that should have been something else and replacing them with net drops?

If that's whats going on, that would certainly explain things. Man, every time I think I have ran out of reason to hate nets, I find new horrible things about them. They are like a botomless rabbit hole of awful, and I have no choice but to dive into it.

It could make sense. It could also be that GGG decided to take things even further then simply removing Vault and sextants, and reduce currency drops across the board. After 3.2 patch I don't know anymore what they are capable off honestly. This game is barely an ARPG anymore as it is.
I was joking, but stranger things have happened in poe patches. And I do get an AWFUL lot of nets.
I suppose the currency sinks is working as intended. I actually like that GGG is thinking about the nets using transmutes as a sink. Playing an ARPG game without proper balance in sink management will ruin a game (game will feel completely unrewarding as an example).
Didn't reached maps and didn't farmed any zone (only 5 times or so Bloodqueduct), got 10 raw chaos orbs drop by that time.

I think it has something to do with RNG? Or is there actual issue? We need more people reporting (but I guess it isn't that it's too useful, because people always complain that they don't get any drops..)
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 5, 2018, 9:00:46 PM
"
Didn't reached maps and didn't farmed any zone (only 5 times or so Bloodqueduct), got 10 raw chaos orbs drop by that time.

I'm pretty sure I'm seeing CHaos Orbs drop about the same rate I've always have.

I suspect it's mostly the lower currencies being overwrit by Net drops. Probably Chance Orbs and below. I'm diffinately seeing waaaaay fewer chance orbs then usual, and am really strugling as a result in buying maps off Zana, where I never had a problem with that in any previous leagues. I *think* alcs are about normal, maybe a little lower? But alc rates are close enough to my prior expectations I couldn't say confidently that something feels off, as I can with Chances.

"
(but I guess it isn't that it's too useful, because people always complain that they don't get any drops..)

Yeah, ruling out that kind of perception bias will be real tough. I felt something was off, but probably would have never posted if I didn't see someone else posting similar issues first. And the Chance orb problem where I never had anything resembling a problem with them ever before (I seriously usually had way more then I knew what to do with), is just so readily visable as a clear-cut difference from my previous experiences.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Mar 5, 2018, 9:26:28 PM
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:

First started feeling something was wierd when I just could'nt afford paying Transmutes and Alts to the Net guy early on. In past leagues I'd be swimming in them and converting Trans orbs into wisdoms. This league even after I outgrew using them on Nets, my Transmute supply has felt so limited I'm pretty much exclusively using Armorer scraps for Wisdoms.

So much this. Halfway through act 3 I also orgasm'd after getting few transmutes from an arcanist, as getting 5 of these was more than I had gotten up until then.
Lvl 64 here so limited experience. In terms of currency I noticed that the chaos started dropping at around 55+ maps(not actual maps but you know what I mean) and in about 9 levels I got 6 chaos and 1 ex.

In terms of lower currency though, this league I felt EXTREMELY poor. Alterations stock? very low. Chance stones? extremely low. There is a possibility as someone suggested above that some of the nets if not all are added in the same pool as the lower currency and basically have a dice roll whenever you get a low currency or a net, with the net having a higher %.
Well fuck. Here I've been thinking that my RNG this league has been absolute garbage. I got more chromes than whetstones/scraps combined...
"
Well fuck. Here I've been thinking that my RNG this league has been absolute garbage. I got more chromes than whetstones/scraps combined...

At least you got chromes lmao. I had to basically vendor the 3 link different color items for my chromes , because they cannot drop for my life (and wheatstones/scraps from chests only).

We went from

https://cdn.thinglink.me/api/image/784849236058439681/1240/10/scaletowidth

to

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/27/51348007_769924b143.jpg
Last edited by andreicde on Mar 5, 2018, 11:10:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info