Currency Nerfs

So, I'll add my 2 cents. I play either solo or with a good friend of mine. Last league we had a lot of currency between the 2 of us. This league we both noticed that we are getting a lot less currency than usual and a ton of nets.

I'd like a comment by from someone at GGG who is a developer and can confirm/deny if map drops (or some other change) has affected currency drops.

"
IMBrewmaster wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:
"
Well fuck. Here I've been thinking that my RNG this league has been absolute garbage. I got more chromes than whetstones/scraps combined...

At least you got chromes lmao. I had to basically vendor the 3 link different color items for my chromes , because they cannot drop for my life (and wheatstones/scraps from chests only).

We went from

https://cdn.thinglink.me/api/image/784849236058439681/1240/10/scaletowidth

to

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/27/51348007_769924b143.jpg

How about you get to maps before you start commenting on what drop rates in the actual game look like? God forbid GGG would balance the game based on dumb comments like yours. Overall currency is little bit on the lower side because of the no artificial packsize increase from league mechanics but definitely is nothing to complain about.

I've done all tiers of maps now except for T15, the drop rates are absolutely abysmal and you can't even use any of tools to improve it.

Do you or anyone you know even use map device mods?
Map device is useless, sextants are close to irrelevant, rerolling is a HEAVY deficit, chisels are 50/50 instead of no brainer, frags are pointless to be stacked because you can't fully buff maps, prophecies are expensive because of the new fated uniques - you're only left with running alched maps. Big fun time!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Economy disagrees, which might change over time
but its a good skip
"
This is the first time in over 5 years I've had trouble affording master crafting resists. I've been wondering what is going on for two days now.

I have a feeling nets are eating into transmute and augment orbs especially.

That would be pretty bad if that's what ggg decided to do.

Augmentations are bae in the first week of the league.

I'm making my usual normal hard earned money, no flippin just sellin the ocasional rare like a pleb.
Second-class poe gamer
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
"
My drops have been normal. I have gotten 10 chaos by act 6. That's bout normal.

The fact that you are refuting by stating your chaos orbs indicates your reading comprehension is not normal, however.

my assumption being that these minor currencies weren't worth complaining about or coming up with conspiracy theories about
Feeling a lack of currency drops here too. For several leagues we had new mechanics that spewed mobs and rares at us, now they're gone and there's nothing to fill the void. Sextant nerf probably hurts some people too but I never spammed sextants in the first place.
there is tons of currency drops...

they are just mostly nets. I have like 550 t8 and 450 t9 nets, I will have trouble just using up all these for the rest of the league and they're worthless otherwise, unlike other currency you can trade. People were afraid they won't have enough sustain on the nets to serve their needs, but this overabundance is next level. Meanwhile I dropped 2 regals and 4 white and 1 yellow sextant...

And yeah, certainly feels like there is less low level orb currency, dunno if I am willing to blame it on the lack of Abysses just yet tho...
Throwing in my anecdotal experience as well. Currency drops feel significantly lower in this league. I've ground out a character to 100 before, so have a general 'feel' for what currency drops are like when you play enough to overcome RNG and get a feel for the average drop rates.

I haven't seen a single pure exalted drop yet and I'm at 90. Could just be poor RNG, but that is really out of the ordinary. This goes for other currencies as well; a lot less chaos, vaal, alch etc.

If there has been a nerf, it's a poor one. It makes playing feel really unrewarding to the point I've debated just dropping this league until the next one. Hoping for a chase unique drop is supposed to be the very rare event, not going days and days of no life grinding without even seeing one ex fall.

Obviously drops on ex are low enough this could be a bad string of RNG, but I've been feeling like drops have been really poor. Even map drops feel lower.
What build you guys playing, tinfoil hat build?

This is the first league I haven't bothered with IIQ but it seems normal to me. I will refer to the wise words of these threads always conclude.

"RNG is RNG"
i cant see a reason to nerf currency drops when they nerfed things already affecting currency drops...
And even more with leagues lasting 3 months, where non dedicated people wont smell good things/progression unless they are extremely lucky.

Anyway lets see how this progress, its too soon in the league to talk about, let them fix capturing beasts (which is hard unless they are red special mobs) and mayb add some useful recipe or things to do with them...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info