Poll: Should we add Nets that work on Dead Beasts?

Poll: Should we add Nets that work on Dead Beasts?

Yes, but more common
943025.71%
Yes, but more rare
961326.21%
No
1763148.07%
Poll closed
This necro here, doesn´t want to catch dead beasts.

It would once again only help those, that run maps mindlessly without their own build, without skill or any type of care for what happens to casuals. This league was introduced as a slow league, where you capture stuff.

We had three "breach" leagues before, they were all inaccessible for casuals, I have never been able to kill a breach boss, do a beachhead map or kill the Elder / Shaper. Should that content now be removed as well, because I can not do it?

People in this game have a choice, we are often told to play better or a different build, so if someone is really that bad skill wise if he picks a necro, then he has to either get good at this game or change skill.

I as a necro don´t have any issues with capturing beasts, I run a 16 + army and the only issue I have is targeting beasts. The net´s should prioritize rare creates, so that if we throw them on a bunch of monsters, they pick the highest level one.

Don´t destroy this league please, it´s the second best after legacy.

Voici missions are much more an issue for summoners, but nobody complains here, I wonder why?!!!
Last edited by Ygidua on Mar 4, 2018, 10:52:15 PM
"
ainuayan wrote:

Here's what happens when you play a summoner or a totem build and try to capture a monster:

You should check out RaizQT's clips of caping beasts with solar guards... you see all need to do is be a gamer and game.

Also "if you don't like it you can just do the harder version" never ever works in games, we play the game as the designers of the game make it. Once "capturing corpses" gets put in everyone uses it instead of live capping.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
I am not sure which way to vote, I however would make the following suggestion: Improve the targeting of traps (details below).

The most frustrating part of the new league is when the following happens. You are having a really intense battle with a legendary (I am assuming my terminology is correct here, the beasts that show up with a red skull on the mini-map), and you finally get it low. Problem is, the legendary has summoned tons of adds; and while you have been constantly killing them, they keep being summoned. Then as the mob is dying, you try desperately to target it, but can't click on it due to the adds blocking your cursor and so much clutter on the screen. The mob dies without being captured. This frustration is amplified when using any minions or totems or stuff with damage you can't control as easily (things like Essence Drain probably also apply here).

A similar situation happens when a mob moves around very sporadically, but perhaps that can be seen as more flavor (agile mobs are harder to net). You could argue that the difficulty of netting a mob in a swarm (as in the example above) can also be flavor.

Aside from the netting dead beasts option, I have a suggestion involving a pseudo auto-targeting of nets. Now, first of all, I can see many downsides with auto-targeting (even though it would prevent the above frustrating events). So my idea would involve a "smart" net that when a blue or white mob in a pack (theoretically summoned by the given legendary) is targeted, the net seeks out the legendary (or rare) instead. This still requires you to do some targeting but avoids annoying issues. Furthermore, I would only suggest this happens when you target a blue/white and the net seeks out a legendary/rare (meaning, it would never net a legendary when a rare is targeted, as rares are needed for recipes and blue/white mobs are rarely ever needed, aside from those really early levels to my knowledge). I could see some complicated coding being necessary, but I am not sure how tricky of a fix this suggestion is.
No. That ruins the whole point of the league. This is just making things easier for the sake of people who wouldn't enjoy the mechanic anyway.

There was never a Breach in 2.5 or 2.6 that was made for Glacial hammer players. You either had to make a build that could deal with swarms of esh minions throwing lightning balls that stun locked you, or die. You had to play a fast build or never complete Chayula or Ull. I made a blade flurry build, as the league dictated to fully engage.

What kind of beast hunter throws nets on corpses?
"
Ygidua wrote:

It would once again only help those, that run maps mindlessly without their own build, without skill or any type of care for what happens to casuals. This league was introduced as a slow league, where you capture stuff.

We had three "breach" leagues before, they were all inaccessible for casuals, I have never been able to kill a breach boss, do a beachhead map or kill the Elder / Shaper. Should that content now be removed as well, because I can not do it?

People in this game have a choice, we are often told to play better or a different build, so if someone is really that bad skill wise if he picks a necro, then he has to either get good at this game or change skill.

I as a necro don´t have any issues with capturing beasts, I run a 16 + army and the only issue I have is targeting beasts. The net´s should prioritize rare creates, so that if we throw them on a bunch of monsters, they pick the highest level one.

Congratz on being a gamer who wants an engaging game instead of a one button lawn mowing simulator we seem to be increasingly less common in the POE community. But the results of this poll kinda paint a picture of maybe we're just the less vocal majority...
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 4, 2018, 10:55:25 PM
I personally don't want to be able to capture dead beasts, but at the same time, I can see the issues for some builds, so a very rare drop of those "spiritual" nets is an option, aslong as it's not too common I'm ok with it.
But if it becomes too common, the whole point and challenge with trying to capture the really hard beasts alive is gone.
Friendly reminder the results are currently 50.01% to 49.99%, which means neither side gets to play the "vocal minority" card.
no.
"
Ygidua wrote:

Voici missions are much more an issue for summoners, but nobody complains here, I wonder why?!!!

Missing out on a vorici mission is different from being EXCLUDED from ALL LEAGUE content. Also, if you are a summoner and you have time to see what enters your screen, something is really wrong with your build.

Easy access dead capture nets a must, or GGG might as well disable the creation of these classes at log in.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Mar 4, 2018, 10:58:28 PM
I hope this gets checked after the 24 hour period.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info