Important: How We're Changing Capturing

Or meaby just they use wrong words,beast will not die just pass out,and you have x% to capture or beast just dies after this try to catch
Don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but one thing I think GGG could implement is that when you go into your Bestiary Book and look at your recipes, when you click on a Specific mob type that you need For Example : Unique boss or Craicic Savage Crab; if you click on it, it could give you areas that this mob type can be located. I find myself occasionally checking google search for mob name but finding what you are looking for is not the easiest. Something like this could help make hunting for beasts far less strenuous. Just a thought.

Maybe once you catch one, it could tell you which zone you caught it in?
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
Remove nets altogether.

I told you before league went live it was bad design, constraining, and added literally nothing to the game.

The entire league mechanic needs to be Einhar as a master that grants capturing, and interacts w the existing masters to craft. Your hubris won't allow you to admit defeat, so I'll provide another suggestion.

Have it so he gives you 8 charges to capture mobs in the current area +2 and lower, and then instead of using nets and waiting, just have it so V auto targets the highest modded rare and ctrl-V a new mob, shift-V a Unique mob in range. Have it so the mob auto-collects, and auto-enrages.

Your new league needs to take into consideration massively-fast builds that cannot interact w the league mechanic in any way shape or form, therefore massively-fast interaction w the league mechanic is the only way to salvage this train-wreck.
then what would be the all important league currency designed to sell newbs stash tabs?
🐢
The beast is fucking dead. Why can't this zookeeper troll come and drag it by it's tail?
How on earth do you justify throwing nets on dead animals to capture them as the league mechanic.
I mean that's embarassing to tell to my friends.
"I'm playing a great game,i kill animals and then i capture them with nets"
Like,seriously?
Why not make Culling capturable creatures stun them for a few seconds and make them "prone" so the next hit to to the creature will insta kill it.. That way you could still have time to throw a net without bypassing the need to pay attention to mobs.. Otherwise this fix feels like it will simply bypass the seemingly intended slowdown effect of the league mechanic.
For a necromancer, there should not be a problem after killing a beast because he can resurrect it xd
"
Miffy23 wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Miffy23 wrote:
These prompt reactions are why you guys are the best in the business! Top notch!

best in business are known for NOT making mistakes

being known for quickly fixing own mistakes is a strong indication of well.. not being there yet

Point me to a single company's forum free of numerous complaints about design, bugs, glitches etc. I'm waiting :)

Yeah I've argued with that guy before, he can be pretty negative. Humans by nature make mistakes and learn from them. Saying nobody makes mistakes is talking from a point of ignorance and bandwagoning.
#NeverGoing90
"
Archimtiros wrote:
To be honest, I'm against the idea of dead captures.

Yeah, it sucks for those people who want to go faster, faster, faster, can't stop, won't stop, but that's their choice! They're trading potential captures for faster farm.

I'd actually believed this capturing mechanic was purposefully designed to push back against the speed meta and reward people for taking a bit more time in doing things, while speedrunners could use their higher currency per hour to trade for whatever they happen to miss.

THIS.

3 second window restored is more than enough. Capturing dead beasts kills the league purpose and logic.
Last edited by Nelkael on Mar 3, 2018, 3:53:28 PM
"
PsOfOs wrote:
The beast is fucking dead. Why can't this zookeeper troll come and drag it by it's tail?
How on earth do you justify throwing nets on dead animals to capture them as the league mechanic.
Like,seriously?

^this ...

Please do not implement something so silly. I do understand that people are complaining because they can't faceroll their F1-builds through the content AND catch beasts. But that was your league concept, wasn't it? You want a beast = YOU SLOW DOWN. Stick to your own ideas GGG, for crying out loud. Those people will keep qqing but they will stay and they will keep playing, for reasons more and less obvious.

We finally have the league where all of those RMT pimped up speed clearers and regular players are on the same page. Suddenly it's a problem.

I do agree with the points about targetting, especially vs those summoning mods. Just make the net auto-target the highest rarity beast, problem solved. Please do not reduce the cooldown between net casts - it's supposed to be challenging, if someone's too impatient - skip the beast or kill it, whatever, you want it = YOU DEAL WITH IT. You can't eat the cake and have the goddamn cake.

To all of those poor summoners - reroll something else. I started with a crit flameblast totemer, and I know the Beast hunting will be tricky, but you don't see me crying about it. It's like someone mentioned before - if in breach the single target dps builds would start complaining that Breach should be reworked because IT HAS TOO MANY MOBS, they'd just get lol'd at. You want to capture beasts, adapt. You want to speed clear - enjoy your summoner or w/e else, and ignore the beasts.

People do specific characters for Uber Atziri or LAB, why all of a sudden it's not possible for Beast hunting?

And it's just sad to read all of the nonsense comments trying to make GGG feel bad so they bend to the wishes of those most vocal (which by NO MEANS is majority of the players). Stay strong Chris - the league was a great idea to do something else. So much work-time had to be put to make it happen, make sure that the teams know that they are people out there who do appreciate it and support the final outcome. Minor adjustments - great. But don't let those most vocal ruin your hard work. Before you end up aiming for the "middle ground", do figure out where it is ... and what I mean by that is, ignore nonsense like "remove the nets altogether". If I wanted to play a game where I win by pressing one button without thinking, I'd keep playing Diablo 3, and not Path of Exile.

Have a great day! and I hope the league will remain challenging and fun when the haters are done with it.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Like,seriously?

...whaaat now? That's embarrassing? That's really sad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info