High CPU temp after 3.2 update

Hire some Blizzard coders to improve the performance, cause i can play d3 without issues every ladder, but POE likes to burn the hardware
Really need a fix for this, GGG
livejamie
The same for me(
Just want to chime in and say that I experienced about a 30-35% CPU usage increase with the patch and as well about a 20-25C Temp increase. Using the same settings as prior to the patch.

Toying around with the settings yields no better result, and changingit to directx 9 or dx9ex causes it to use 100% CPU even on the login screen until I go back to DX11.

Experiencing zero issues with any other game, even more demanding ones.

Would be nice to get a fix as it is not exactly playable in this state.

Edit: AMD FX 6300
Last edited by Epsynus on Mar 4, 2018, 4:28:17 PM
Same issues here. It only started after one of the hotfixes yesterday. I'm done with the game until I know I won't set my computer on fire.
Hope i didn't do any damage to my cpu. Played until almost the end of act 9 without noticing it was the temps and cpu/gpu. just thought it was because i reformatted or something. Can confimr 90-98% cpu spikes while just sitting there in town for no reason. Same with gpu like 80-90%.
I7-4790k Idle temps are between 25-32C

Once poe is opened temps immediately jump to 68-77C

With engine multi threading on temps swell to 82-100C (100C is reached after about 30 minutes)

Once closed idle temps are reached in about 1 minute.

I had turned off Intel's turbo. Switched my Nvidia controller to performance as well was switching my power option to balanced.

Something fishy is going on.

Very confused as to why GGG hasn't made a response to this yet.

Also. Use Intel's resource monitor to display usage %s. Windows Task manager is showing 80%+ usage as intel's is showing a MAX of 40%.
Last edited by Ìnfernø on Mar 3, 2018, 7:46:29 PM
"
Ìnfernø wrote:

Very confused as to why GGG hasn't made a response to this yet.

Maybe they have secretly turned the game into a cryto currency miner! /s

Seriously though we need a response the game is unplayable and I was so looking forward to the new league :(
Having the same issue too.

Was playing day 1 and my computer just shut down and wouldn't boot up.
Thought it might have been temp- installed a program and sure enough after about 10 min of play temperatures start jumping up towards 80.

Never had this problem before the patch.

Rip my CPU 100% usage after 3.2 update. Gonna chek temp now,if its high im not playn this broken staff.
i checked out temperature of CPU,its fine 50C in HO and in map with action.Only gpu usage went up to 50-60% thats all.
Spoiler

So why in 3.2 upd my cpu usage went up from 60-70% at max to 100% ? =\ ggg
Стримы: https://www.twitch.tv/gary_poe
Гайды: https://youtube.com/@GaryPoE
Дискорд: garypoe
Last edited by harryhermy on Mar 3, 2018, 9:26:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info