High CPU temp after 3.2 update

"
Smear wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
Are ur posts announcements or you have some troubles?

lol, we're not posting here to look cool. Yes, we're having troubles since 3.2 patch with the CPU running at 100%

What is your problem than?

Its pretty normal if CPU works on 100%.

"Most CPUs will begin to throttle (lower its clock speed to cut down heat) once they hit 95 to 105°C. If temperatures rise further, the CPU will shut itself down to avoid permanent damage."

More info here.

You can repaste CPU-cooler, change cooling system, make airflow in case better if you think your CPU is too hot.
Last edited by Rexeos on Mar 3, 2018, 2:28:27 AM
Same here (=①ω①=)
Im still getting 100% CPU usage after the hotfix.
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Smear wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:

lol, we're not posting here to look cool. Yes, we're having troubles since 3.2 patch with the CPU running at 100%

"Most CPUs will begin to throttle (lower its clock speed to cut down heat) once they hit 95 to 105°C. If temperatures rise further, the CPU will shut itself down to avoid permanent damage."

More info here.

You can repaste CPU-cooler, change cooling system, make airflow in case better if you think your CPU is too hot.

Please stop. This just started with this patch 3.2

I build top of the line custom systems. I know what I'm doing. So please stop with this nonsense. This is squarely on GGG.
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Smear wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:

More info here.

Its not normal. The game ran at around 50% CPU before the patch, now 100% all the time. It means my computer grinds to a halt. If I go in town I cant move because its so horrendously laggy. Its like what happens if im trying to render a video and it uses all my cpu.
I have GFX 1080 with a new processor and 32gb ram + ssd drive. Since 3.2 my frame rate began thrashing between usual 250FPS and 50 or even below 30FPS.

It looks like FPS chart became very spikey and CPU load on my machine went to 100%

I disabled multithreading which reduced avg FPS to about 150-190 but it stopped dropping below 100FPS.

Maybe try that and see if it helps.

Cheers
"
Smear wrote:

Please stop. This just started with this patch 3.2

I build top of the line custom systems. I know what I'm doing. So please stop with this nonsense. This is squarely on GGG.

Title says "High temperature". Solution is cooling. Nobody except one guy here has high temperatures to look for solution. I have now instead of 20% cpu, 60% cpu load. And temperatures are still ok.

If somebody thinks 100% cpu utilize is problem without any marks that game works badly is simply mistaken.
"
meripor wrote:

Its not normal. The game ran at around 50% CPU before the patch, now 100% all the time. It means my computer grinds to a halt. If I go in town I cant move because its so horrendously laggy. Its like what happens if im trying to render a video and it uses all my cpu.

Ur problem is temperature of something else? If not temperature, try to open new thread, maybe it will attract somebody with similar problem.
Last edited by Rexeos on Mar 3, 2018, 4:08:11 AM
"
saragart wrote:
I have GFX 1080 with a new processor and 32gb ram + ssd drive. Since 3.2 my frame rate began thrashing between usual 250FPS and 50 or even below 30FPS.

It looks like FPS chart became very spikey and CPU load on my machine went to 100%

I disabled multithreading which reduced avg FPS to about 150-190 but it stopped dropping below 100FPS.

Maybe try that and see if it helps.

Cheers

I am having this issue with this patch and disabling multithreading has at least stopped my FPS spiking and made it playable for me, cheers :)
best named rare monster ever!
http://imgur.com/YZkKkDu
its not % of how much of the cpu is used, that allways spikes up and down, what matters is that is allways running at 100% clock (+ boost) and that makes it heat like crazy

i dont know what GGG did but they screwed up big time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info