[3.3] CHAOS-FIRE-INQUISITOR | feat. Magma Orb - All Content incl. UBER ELDER! Budget friendly!

Hello, I'm currently lvl 90, I know this might be a little weird and I know an easy fix is unlikely.

I'm a total noob, this is my first league ever and after failing heavily with my first character (wasn't following any guide) I decided to look here in the forum for a guide that I liked. I read specially 2 guides, one was with a witch and totally different skills, and this one, I decided to do magma orb and it was only when I was already around lvl 50 (was leveling with other stuff) that I realized that I had started with the wrong class, but things were going smooth so I decided to try and make it work.

You can check my character in my profile (I think?) and I think this is very close to what I have:
https://pastebin.com/F3ZWWAQy

My major problem is physical damage mitigation. Basically any trash mob could kill me with a few hits. I can easily do maps up to t12-13 and I have beaten some t14-15 but not without multiple deaths.
I'm pretty sure I can't take on Shaper's Guardians cus my first Elder spawn was in red maps and Elder Guardians have been proving quite difficult. I think it is due to me not having either a good physical damage mitigation and not a very large effective life pool either.

I'm thinking in some options: Getting rid of Vaal Grace and putting Molten Shell instead, Carrying a Basalt flask with me 24/7. But I'm not sure how effective and reliable are those options.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Hello, if someone is interested I have this whole build for sell.

PoB link: https://pastebin.com/7cT2dzkV

Price 25 ex / ING KamLee_Temp
Tried this build, was fantastic !

Just killed uber elder with it.

After about 8 failed trys, had to replace my boots with kaom's root and swap my starkonja for a rare helmet, to deal with the elder slow spell that was complicating thing too much for me, and after that then it worked on second try (with only one death too, at least my previous 9 failed tries allowed me to learn the fight).
Hi,

Firstly, amazing build, really love the playstyle and informative guide.

Need som advise on progress.

Using Devo helm now with +2, is starko much better?
I like tanker builder so I pickled the mana/lite starting nodes but only sitting at around 22K dps in HO with multi.

Got like 40C to spend and planning to invest into a Starko with +2.

Again thanks for sharing and updating the build, especially to make it tankier!

Profile is public!

Thanks!!!
About a rare shaped sceptre, i rolled a sceptre with t2 ele as extra chaos and t1 crit multi, 4 mods, i got 2 annuled and ended up with the mods i wanted

But now i am in doubt, what will be the last suffix i'll craft on it? Crit chance or crit chant to spells? or maybe faster casting? Cuz idk what will be better, QoL with the cast speed if that is a thing or which crit chance would get me more crit chance overall, or do i get rid of crit multi altogether and craft cast and try and make something like yours? Or buy a new one crafted already?
Last edited by FluffyDontNeedCones on Apr 19, 2018, 12:50:59 PM
If someone is interested, im selling my stuff for this build! Had so much fun with it, downed everything in the game, very strong.

Spoiler

And if you have any question, feel free to ask in game! :)
I'm pretty new to PoE and this was the first build I've actually completed more or less. I have 2 questions though about the gem setup. I'd appreciate it if someone more knowledgeable than me could answer.

1: Why lightning golem over other choices? Is the Cast/Attack speed just better than crit (ice golem) or plain dmg (fire golem)?

2: Why leave orb of storms at level 1?
"
Catcus wrote:
I'm pretty new to PoE and this was the first build I've actually completed more or less. I have 2 questions though about the gem setup. I'd appreciate it if someone more knowledgeable than me could answer.

1: Why lightning golem over other choices? Is the Cast/Attack speed just better than crit (ice golem) or plain dmg (fire golem)?

2: Why leave orb of storms at level 1?

Dunno about golem but OoS doesn't need to stay lvl1, lvl it up as far as you like while it can still proc surge.
Hey everyone, loving the build so far. Currently level 65 and just done with Campaign.
I've noticed my damage in general isn't really all that great and I'm not sure why that is.

I got a few possible ideas, although I'm not sure how I'd change those.

I'm using a corrupted lvl 56 Gloomfang and my loreweave is 5 l . Or could it be something with the skill tree that I messed up?

It would be really cool to hear any suggestions.
Magma orb 21 at lvl 72 if you can afford ir, makes a huge boost in dps :P

Other support gems also. A nice scepter + shield helps quite alot on dmg :P
Last edited by MaGxxGaM on Apr 30, 2018, 1:23:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info