[3.3] CHAOS-FIRE-INQUISITOR | feat. Magma Orb - All Content incl. UBER ELDER! Budget friendly!

"
TheNukes wrote:
I'm playing this in the flashback league and finding it kind of a grind to level (currently at 55). Any leveling uniques or tips you guys used before the build hit full power?

Also: Has anyone tried playing with a dagger in at least one hand? I am addicted to Whirling Blades and hate Shield Charge.

I mainly followed lvling tips in the guide. Bought a cheap 6L chest and bought lvl appropriate morb gem for extra damage. Still a grind at times but did help me to bridge the gap to lvl77
EDIT: Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread.
Last edited by greginno on May 14, 2018, 1:42:43 PM
EDIT: Found out, I'm just really stupid, sorry.

I've been playing flashback with this build and have come across something where I'm not sure if I'm dumb or am missing something.

I was taking a look at my path of building compared to the build's path of building and noticed that when taking off the Gloomfang amulet for the build's PoB, it takes away a large chunk of damage but for my PoB it only takes away mana regen.

Am I missing something that gives damage from Gloomfang, or am I just an actual idiot?

Here's my PoB if you want to look yourself, my current setup is pretty lack luster, pls dont insult; https://pastebin.com/gK2F0YaE

Last edited by Vanillac0ne on May 19, 2018, 5:15:32 AM
Everytime the ball bounces, it is counted as one more time the magma orb chained.
I chose this build for Flashback and just hit 95. It was thoroughly enjoyable and I thank you for the write-up! Attached is where I ended up gear-wise, modifying only a couple choices to my taste. Did not try uber elder yet, but crushed everything up to it. Ended up helping a bunch of folks kill their bosses and it brought me good luck; six linked the loreweave in 22 fusings, dropped the 2 socket boots, as well as a double clarity watcher's eye (and separately, the max mana as ES OP jewel!).

See you guys in Incursion.

"
greginno wrote:
I chose this build for Flashback and just hit 95. It was thoroughly enjoyable and I thank you for the write-up! Attached is where I ended up gear-wise, modifying only a couple choices to my taste. Did not try uber elder yet, but crushed everything up to it. Ended up helping a bunch of folks kill their bosses and it brought me good luck; six linked the loreweave in 22 fusings, dropped the 2 socket boots, as well as a double clarity watcher's eye (and separately, the max mana as ES OP jewel!).

See you guys in Incursion.

Im sorry the guides in such an outdated state atm. I will update all my guide for incursion, but I have so little time atm.

Im happy you enjoyed the ride :)
I'm planning to play this build on next league, are there any big changes for the build? Any buffs or nerfs or play style changes?
Between this build and your molten strike build, which would you say would be a better league starter for 3.3?
Looks like Magma Orb got buffed a little.
"
Magma Orb
Now deals 8-10 fire damage at gem level 1 (up from 6-9), up to 699-1049 fire damage at gem level 20 (up from 637-956).
The speed at which the projectile bounces has been significantly increased.
"
feelthepain wrote:
Looks like Magma Orb got buffed a little.
"
Magma Orb
Now deals 8-10 fire damage at gem level 1 (up from 6-9), up to 699-1049 fire damage at gem level 20 (up from 637-956).
The speed at which the projectile bounces has been significantly increased.

Yeah looks like a small buff. I will update the build guide tomorrow. Not much will change and the build pretty much stays unnerfed and fully functional.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info