[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

Greetings.
Just to note:

"
PatchNotes wrote:

(...)
Removed the minimum and maximum Critical Strike Chance caps. Previously, characters had a 5% chance to deal a critical strike with attacks and spells, even when the spell specified a lower chance, and could reach a maximum of 95% chance to critically strike. In practice, that cap was ignored by effects which applied to enemies, such as Assassin's Mark. We have changed several of these 'external' critical strike sources, and have removed the cap as a result.

(...)

If I understand this correctly, You can now get 100% crit chance.
You PoB link shows max crit still capped at 95%, most likely because PoB has not been updated with this particular change yet.

If so, with new mechanics it could probably be possible to reach 100% crit with frost blades, which in fact would render Your build IMMUNE to both elemental and physical reflect map mod - I dare say it would be good to check it out and write down in the guide.

"
Slapzech wrote:
Greetings.
Just to note:

"
PatchNotes wrote:

(...)
Removed the minimum and maximum Critical Strike Chance caps. Previously, characters had a 5% chance to deal a critical strike with attacks and spells, even when the spell specified a lower chance, and could reach a maximum of 95% chance to critically strike. In practice, that cap was ignored by effects which applied to enemies, such as Assassin's Mark. We have changed several of these 'external' critical strike sources, and have removed the cap as a result.

(...)

If I understand this correctly, You can now get 100% crit chance.
You PoB link shows max crit still capped at 95%, most likely because PoB has not been updated with this particular change yet.

If so, with new mechanics it could probably be possible to reach 100% crit with frost blades, which in fact would render Your build IMMUNE to both elemental and physical reflect map mod - I dare say it would be good to check it out and write down in the guide.

Yea if this works how it sounds it will be absolutely massive for the build. It would also help negate use of a diamond flask possibly if we use diamond rings freeing it up for a taste of hate or another defensive flask.
I've always wanted to do frost blades as a starter, would you say this build is viable for complete morons like me?
Last edited by OskieBoy on Mar 6, 2019, 3:45:41 PM
"
OskieBoy wrote:
I've always wanted to do frost blades as a starter, would you say this build is viable for complete morons like me?

The build is designed around people who like pressing 1 button to wipe the screen so I'd say yes. To be totally honest though, it requires a little bit of thought, you can't just stand still. If you move with whirling blades and frost blades, then rinse and repeat, you will hardly ever die. If that sounds like fun to you and not too intensive, then you have the perfect build.
Last edited by Reloads on Mar 6, 2019, 4:08:20 PM
"
Reloads wrote:
"
OskieBoy wrote:

The build is designed around people who like pressing 1 button to wipe the screen so I'd say yes. To be totally honest though, it requires a little bit of thought, you can't just stand still. If you move with whirling blades and frost blades, then rinse and repeat, you will hardly ever die. If that sounds like fun to you and not too intensive, then you have the perfect build.

I think this is my build then. Thanks for the input.
I messed around with this build last league and it was super fun so I'll probably use it as my league starter for synthesis. Frostblade raiders and champions seem pretty popular atm though, so whats the reason you go for assassin rather than other ascendencies?
Last edited by kingmudcrab on Mar 7, 2019, 5:39:56 AM
Started last three leagues with Frostblades, but always as Raider. This time it will be your build and I'm very excited to see what an assassin can do. Thanks for the guide and I will post an update when I'm in maps. :)
Last edited by Rawkfist86 on Mar 8, 2019, 1:47:41 AM
If anyone is interested, I made a spreadsheet adaptation of this build guide. Make a copy for yourself, if you like!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W-y1BiYJILAD7QUvSunm-3NB3cts9Ubq8GTlqdRQpfA/edit?usp=sharing
Last edited by Neomeris85 on Mar 8, 2019, 6:41:18 PM
I am wondering how this build will change due to the serious tree modification in 3.6.0 (which obviously isn't the tree implemented in Path of building now).
ok so with the skill tree updated , pob links no longer work and i am to dumb to mod this my self... will this get updated soon?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info