[3.8] Tanky Aurabot - a combined Guide

"
Karunga wrote:
"
Morkrum wrote:
How will the incoming Guardian changes affect this build? Will we go back to lefthanded days?

I most certanly will, but more for reasons of higher sustain that the Guardian offers (longer dives in the Dark).

I will brainstorm this once we know the new Passiv Tree and exact changes to the Guardian.
Meanwhile we can think about how we cap Chaos Resist without Chayulas, as the new Amulet looks like quite a tease =).
Pretty Sure ill use Lori's Lantern again.

Hey!

Thanks for your awesome guide! I plan to support my friends in the Delve too. I would love to hear your thoughts about Guardian or Scion for the upcoming season.

Last edited by Hero2k on Aug 29, 2018, 7:14:32 PM
So here's my Take:

Numberwise the Buffs to Guardian are nothing special for us Aurabots.
They enable a Melee-Summoner, which is cool, but we arent that - we just dont have enought Sockets for this; or Passives.

So as the pure Numbers go the Scion has still an Edge in my opinion as 72% additional Haste is hard to argument against.
That beeing Said the new Amulets seem really interesting, and the Guardian has a very early Power-curve, is more defensive and is probably a little more solid for to Skip Chayulas and use the new Amulets.

All in All both will be fine I think.
Guardian a little weaker Damage wise but is cheaper to gear.
Ascendant fine for Endgame Min/Maxing but doesnt do anything untill you get Cruel Ascendancy.

Also in both cases (dont know if I adapted this in both guides):
Put your Purity's back in the Helmet. We need the Resists to
1) not die to Uberelder and
2) free Up important Gearslots to focus on Chaos Resist.

Lets talk about Smite:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201550

Hitting with Smite gives you an Aura, that gives Additional Lightning Damage.
The Aura works for you and your Allies - that includes Minions of corse and the Gem has the Aura Tag.

So if im not mistaken hitting with that Attack gives you what can only be discribed as "an additional Wrath (lvl 19). Keep in Mind you can increase that with + to Melee Skill Gems.
The Gem having the Auratag also indicated, that the Lightning Aura will be subject to all our increases on Area/Effect. Possibly even Generosity.

So im not Saying that you should put this into your Victarios Influence and link Smite+Wrath with Empower.
I repeat: IM NOT SAYING THAT.
Last edited by Karunga on Aug 30, 2018, 2:51:53 AM
saved :)
PoE & F1 is Life. <3
Thanks for your thoughts! After my league starter yield me some currency, I will try this build and we will see how deep my group will go in the Delve. :D

Smite sounds really interesting. It could be something i would use for some extra dps against bosses or some strong rar monsters. I am already looking forward to try it.
I Think you should level with it. its basically another aura and has no reservation.
I look forward to what your update to the build/s will turn up. I am convinced Guardian might be a greater choice.

Dominating Blow with Ancestral Call & Culling Strike. Could summon rare sentinels that may roll some really good rare mob auras for the party, but doesn't seem particularly a reliable source for parties as an pure aurabot (at least when playing with MF allies) and cant really just spawn good rare mods all the time! ;( ;( If the sentinel lasted a lot longer than 20 seconds then it'd be worth it I suppose.

Herald of Purity will also have to squeeze off Anger or Wrath from the picture, depending on what your party is running.
"
Macromute wrote:
I look forward to what your update to the build/s will turn up. I am convinced Guardian might be a greater choice.

Dominating Blow with Ancestral Call & Culling Strike. Could summon rare sentinels that may roll some really good rare mob auras for the party, but doesn't seem particularly a reliable source for parties as an pure aurabot (at least when playing with MF allies) and cant really just spawn good rare mods all the time! ;( ;( If the sentinel lasted a lot longer than 20 seconds then it'd be worth it I suppose.

Herald of Purity will also have to squeeze off Anger or Wrath from the picture, depending on what your party is running.

Well I was hyped to play a half naked old man in dark Tunnels as much as the next guy.

But turns out my Friends are all pumped to play melee-Summoner.
So we made a tit-for-tat trade:
He skills purity of Purpose, I play Ascendant.
I get the extra flat ES "sweet sweet flat ES for Scion, so important" - Trump 2018 Quote
He gets 72% extra Haste for his minions. It will actually be a little more due to Smite.

So I wont change a lot from my 3.3 Ascendannt, I just neeeeeeed to fit Smite in.
And i think im going for Aul's Uprising
keep in mind that Perquil's Toe would also be mucho mucho grande extra good if you support Lightning Builds.

In short my plan for Ascendant this League is:
- Free up Chayulas for one of the new Amulets (make 1 Aure free).
- Smite in 5-Link with Hungry Loop. Life on Hit with it to keep Life topped against Chaos dmg.
- Abyssal Belt with Chaos Res. A lot of Chaos Resist on Jewels. Not enought? Get Watchers Eye and Purity of Elements.
- Try CoH with Sentinel of Purity
- not enough sockets for Dominating blow.
- will have to drop Rejuvenation Totem.
- Smite Give a second Wrath Aura. So I go EE. So i need to go Avatar of Fire. DONE.
- Wrath+Smite-Aura+Guardian Helm is basically 2.5 Wrath Aura's. Perquil's Toe mod potentially is 30% more dmg for Lightning Builds

I would urge you to read up on the 3.4 Section in the first Post, where I discuss my thoughts about Smite in detail.
Last edited by Karunga on Aug 31, 2018, 1:12:55 AM
HC viable?
«Мнения как яйца — сколько не имей, а получать по ним больно». © Варрик
How does this build keep up with a fast clearing party? Is haste + flask really enough speed?
"
screech wrote:
How does this build keep up with a fast clearing party? Is haste + flask really enough speed?

Good Point. Guys lets try make this work with Queen of the Forest.

Honestly, i always have 2 Quicksilvers. Pretty much the only Flasks i need, exept for Sapphire for Uber Elder.
You can get 15% more with a Grace Watcher's Eye.
You can get Ziggy's belt, which will give you Onslaught (?) when you have Fortify.

my Friends cuddle up real har when I role the "right" mods on a map.
Otherwise they get one-shot, come through my TP and we are united Again.

If a 500% Labclearbuild takes off... well I guess he knows what he does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info