[3.2] Captain Americlast - Scion Spectral Shield Throw

"
Kess9215 wrote:
How did you overcome the horrendous mana cost while leveling and mapping?

More damage = more leech. Just gotta do what you can to get by until you leech back as fast as you spend.

Early early game you can get away with the - mana cost to skills leveling rings or Torment's Ring.
More levels, mana on gear, or passives to increase available mana allows for more casts. I prefer Primal Spirit over Heart of the Oak (especially with VP), but to each their own.
Extra leech like Spirit Void to offset lower damage until geared.
Wait to run Herald of Ash until mana issues solved. Some people run Clarity or just Hatred by itself.
Make sure to use EF and SP for bossing to maximize damage. Might cost more mana to use each SST, but more leech and less skills needed to kill the boss.
Make sure you have accuracy nodes or you will miss a lot.

Worst case scenario you can change to 5L or 6L with mods that cost less multiplier. But the other stuff should not cost as much DPS loss.
"
j33bus wrote:
So has raider basically won or is there any reason to consider deadeye?

I think it comes down to personal preference. I could see Deadeye being faster pack clear speed with the extra projectile and pierce. The accuracy is nice too since we are in the 80's with hit rating without accuracy gear. But Raider has bonuses to dmg, move speed, atk speed, and a bit of survival. Pathfinder has some perks too, but I'm not a fan of it. My clear speed feels fine as Raider with just Fork and Lightpoacher's, but I also haven't played as much as I wanted with T9 being my highest right now.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Mar 21, 2018, 2:00:43 AM
Slayer/raider all the way for me :)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 21, 2018, 7:45:11 AM
Still don't know what Soul of Arakaali does. I found so many conflicting answers while googling it.
Does it increase our leech cap or our leech rate? I created an elder belt with increased life recovery rate in PoB and it only increased the leech rate.
"
Rex_Banner wrote:
Still don't know what Soul of Arakaali does. I found so many conflicting answers while googling it.
Does it increase our leech cap or our leech rate? I created an elder belt with increased life recovery rate in PoB and it only increased the leech rate.

life recovery = life regen/life leech

for simplicity's sake, it's basically 50% increased life leech per second
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
How much investment does this character need to work in red maps/end-game content?
Right now the biggest issue I have with this build (at least as far as my character is geared out) is spike damage. I feel like any time I get attacked by a group, even on lower tier maps, I always take a big spike of damage at the beginning that puts me at risk, or gets me killed sometimes on harder maps.

If anyone knowledgeable would be willing I'd love to have my gear analyzed. I have very limited play time (family commitments, etc) so I get that it's not as GG as other people have. All of my resists are overcapped, Chaos is -32%, and I'm at 47k dps just in my hideout with auras and HoI pet out.

Much appreciated, and thanks Ahfack for this great build guide!
"
Dheim wrote:
Much appreciated, and thanks Ahfack for this great build guide!

No HP on left ring or amulet = ~300-500 HP missing. Great damage and resists otherwise.
You should not need mana, topaz, or sapphire flask. Cheap flasks would be Atziri, Lucky, Sulphur, and/or a defensive flask. If you can move with mainly Whirling Blades, you can add all 4 flasks until you start getting the better flasks. Make sure to roll a freeze/bleed on 2 of the buff flasks for longer uptime and optional curse immune.
Speaking of WB, make sure to keep Fortify up.
Knockback on Lightpoacher counters your Point Blank damage. Lots of options while working towards 3 green. I'm curious how Proliferation would work with Lightpoacher for mass freezing.
Gloves are great resists and HP, but not having that cold conversion means having to use PtL in 6-link. I'd try to balance your resists elsewhere and use Hrimburn and add crit strikes/EF as needed. The extra cold damage can help with chilling and freezing when not using EF.
Might of the Meek is still expensive in Standard, but how are other jewels with 2 dmg mod and HP? The only jewels of yours I would keep in League is Blight Desire because it is triple dmg and dual resist. The rest are kinda.. eh. And if each of them have HP on it, that is another 400 HP (3 passives, 1 helm) plus possibly more damage with better rolls.

Re-post from league for poe.trade filter. Modify for Standard.
Spoiler
A regular Jewel with 2 dmg mods and HP is roughly 10-20 chaos and MotM is up to 50 chaos. So with the current market, 2 jewels with 2 dmg and HP will be more/less the same, but cheaper.

http://poe.trade/search/oahereniwenibo

I can't remember all the Abyss jewel mods offhand, but stuff like below is 10-30 chaos as well for HP and 2 dmg mods (completely forgot extra physical as fire on abyss jewels until I started looking through them again)

http://poe.trade/search/hoakakitomosen

That should get you started. Worst case scenario, you can always remove Point Blank and use the build from range. Safer with less damage until you get more defensive gear.

@Ahfack - Maybe add a priority list for jewels and Abyss jewels?
Thank you for the detailed help, blackdeath!

- The flasks were just temporary from when I had a different build on this toon, but I updated them based on what you said
- I tried swapping out the left ring for ones with HP on them and only gained about 100 life while losing 2k+ dps. :( Not sure if that's worth it.
- I swapped out the gloves for some old Hrimsorrow's I had and will see if that helps. I did gain some DPS but then lost a bit of it when switching out my gems to try to make up for my resistances not being capped any more. I'll have to work on getting better jewels if I can.
- Fixed the Lightpoacher. I didn't realize it was so easy to get a third green socket (I thought master crafting it would remove the Abyssal socket). So that's fixed.
- For a lot of the other gems I am kind of stuck with what I have until I can get more Intelligence and resists elsewhere, otherwise some gems are unusable.
- Might of the Meek on standard is stupid expensive. I don't remember the last time I saw an Exalt, lol.

Again, thanks for your help! You've been a great source of info/knowledge in this thread as well.

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
---- help stuff ---
Last edited by Dheim on Mar 21, 2018, 5:00:07 PM
"
Dheim wrote:
ntil I can get more Intelligence and resists elsewhere, otherwise some gems are unusable.

Primal Spirit (left of Heart of the Oak) instead of Druidic Rites. Basically trading a bit of mana and flask duration for 20 STR/INT.

Yea, gear balance can be tough. Get more tanky for map progression and levels, or go more DPS for speed farming. You can also look into gear swapping stuff like Stark's or another high HP and some damage helm for bosses. Conversion rate is roughly 30-35 HP = 100 actual HP towards end game, so ~90 HP on helm = 300 hp. 90 HP helm, 60 HP ring, and 90 HP amulet is 800 HP. With the 4 HP jewels, that is 400 HP. Could also look into high armor shields with resists and HP (and dmg reduction instead of evasion), but could get pricey. If you get a 90 HP shield, that's another 300 HP. Hella expensive to upgrade all at once, but that's about 1,500 HP over time plus whatever levels you gain in hunt for loot.

Also just noticed your shield craft. If you don't upgrade your shield soon, can you change block chance to resist? (I'm bad with prefix/suffix)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info