[3.2] Captain Americlast - Scion Spectral Shield Throw

"
Stuselonitoni wrote:
Thx for any help clearing things up.

Follow the gems in the gem section. You should have 1 set in your 4-6 link and then swap Slower Projectiles/Elemental Focus as needed for bosses.

Ancestral Protector does not work with CWDT. However we utilize all of our other slots and that one is the only one open. So level that one to max and pop it for bosses or big packs for extra atk speed.

There are 2 set of gems for helm because 1 scales Lightpoacher Spirit Burst damage while the other gives Orb of Storms to generate Power Charges on bosses.
as Blackdeath has said these are the 2 main setups for this build as far as helm goes
this for maps

this for bosses
hope it helped
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on Mar 23, 2018, 2:40:18 PM
I am planing try out this build is it vailid.
I know my gear sucks but I feel like im lacking way more life and damage then I should be for my items. I need to work on my rings for sure but can anyone tell what I should be aiming for in terms of better gear? Im looking to destroying some uber elder eventually.
"
hsiegfried44 wrote:
I know my gear sucks but I feel like im lacking way more life and damage then I should be for my items. I need to work on my rings for sure but can anyone tell what I should be aiming for in terms of better gear? Im looking to destroying some uber elder eventually.

It is not terrible gear, just a lot of little optimizations that I believe we discussed before.

You have no HP on shield, no HP on amulet, no HP on helm (unless boss helm), no HP on right ring, and only decent HP on belt instead of 90ish on Abyss belt (other stats are pretty great). Plus only level 82 and you'll gain a good chunk from levels by the time you are 90+.

In 4 levels you are about to gain a ton of crit chance and multiplier. And 4 more levels will add Blood Drinker and 20% HP.
Your jewels outside of Might of the Meek could use a 2nd dmg mod. The one with life, dmg, and dual resists is not terrible until gear is better optimized, but the rest could use some love. Roughly 10-30 chaos per jewel.
Lots of dmg gain eventually with 20/20 and 21/20 gems.
Wise Oak is lowest possible roll (15% max).
Start saving for new weapon. I got really lucky with my weapon, but your weapon essentially only has 2 dmg mods, global crit chance (max) and phys to extra cold (40 max). Attack speed is just for Whirling Blades. A lot of these will be upgrades for you and you can craft extra dmg mods on some of them.
http://poe.trade/search/tarininotetaha

We discussed Hrimburn before. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, currently full of sushi bar). All of your elemental gear is half as effective without the conversion. Ignoring buffs, we'll say you do 10k physical damage. 4k is cold from Winter Spirit and the other 6k is physical from no conversion. You have 36 (Winter Spirit), 30 (belt), 31 and 41 (rings), 46+ (elemental focus), 52+ (WED support), and probably something else I'm missing. I'm too full of sushi to do math, but that is over 200% modifying only 4k cold damage versus modifying 9k of cold damage with Hrimburn. You either are stuck with PtL or using Hrimburn with rare amulet. I would rather use Hrimburn with rare amulet until gear is OP enough that amulet is just overcapping and can swap for bosses.
Haven't jumped into the league yet. I usually try to play builds with the new skill gems to keep the game fresh, but I wanted to wait this time around until someone figured it out.

How viable is this build for a league starter? Am I going to have a problem getting through the act bosses? Is it pretty good self found while leveling?
"
WakeZero wrote:
Haven't jumped into the league yet. I usually try to play builds with the new skill gems to keep the game fresh, but I wanted to wait this time around until someone figured it out.

How viable is this build for a league starter? Am I going to have a problem getting through the act bosses? Is it pretty good self found while leveling?

I enjoy the new skill. It reminds me a lot of regular Spectral Throw, but no double dipping damage and more radial damage. I just haven't had the play time I was hoping for.

It is a rough league starter. Unlike other skills, it relies heavily on shield stats and there aren't enough insane leveling shields like there are other items. If you want to tough it out, I'd recommend a Torment's Ring to deal with the mana issues. If you want to rush acts and get to mapping sooner, I'd recommend a different skill and then swap to SST when ready.

Not sure about act bosses because I co-op'd the acts. Who was carrying content depended on who got the latest gear upgrades. If I got a new shield, I was blowing everything up. Likewise if they got a new weapon for whatever build they were using.

SSF not recommended with this skill since a bad shield will lead to a bad time and you will blow a lot of currency trying to get a decent rolled shield. Check the leveling section for a link to a list of shields and where to invest in shield upgrades because the base armor is higher. You may also find a 600 armor for 5c and then in 2 levels a 700 shield for 1 alch. Lots of cheap leveling uniques out there to avoid multiple gear upgrades until mapping, like Ewar's.
THanks for all the help blackdeath
Hi, I am new to this game and this is my second season on PoE. I am currently playing your build and having a blast. But I also saw Mathil's templar SST build today, and I was wondering about the %elemental damage + elemental Penetration compared to your build, what are some of the pros and cons between the two ascendancy choices (Mathil version versus yours)?

Also, some advice for gearing will be greatly appreciated.
"
damusdand wrote:
Hi, I am new to this game and this is my second season on PoE. I am currently playing your build and having a blast. But I also saw Mathil's templar SST build today, and I was wondering about the %elemental damage + elemental Penetration compared to your build, what are some of the pros and cons between the two ascendancy choices (Mathil version versus yours)?

Also, some advice for gearing will be greatly appreciated.

Would also like to hear people's opinion on this that have more experience than i do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info