So much hate for bestiary

The net should be a 1x1 item that drops from Hillock with unlimited uses and no tiers.

Managing one's net supply is an utterly meaningless time sink that adds literally nothing good to the game.

Personally, I'd like to see Scrolls, Armourer's Scraps, and Blacksmith's Whetstones removed as well.
Last edited by Elendarulianreo on Feb 23, 2018, 4:56:23 AM
"
Jourdain wrote:
Just like in real life their are weak net's and strong net's.

Will play the league and give it a fair shot.

Im kinda disappointed that monsters can be traded.
But thats probably my own fault, because I was expecting this feature (as well as Elder) was intended to give players more incentives to go for full atlas completion over shaping the atlas and thus close the gap between both playstyles to a degree.

But since monsters can be traded and mob hunters will have to go even slower than before, they might not even make enough money from trading mobs to compensate for being slower and missing out on drops and xp compared to shaping strategy.
And because mobs can be traded, its easier to complete specific sets for crafting, which is making them more common and therefore less valuable.

Looking forward to be proven wrong ingame ;)
"
DravenValt wrote:
ARPGs are about killing stuff

bestiary is gonna be about NOT killing stuff

you know that those shit Vorici missions, yeah, that is gonna be what bestiary is gonna be about

yes, they say that you can avoid killing them by throwing nets at the mobs first but what about skills that can kill stuff off screen?

not to mention the amount of RNG that there is gonna be.
it will be worse than the liches in abyss

and then there is the consumable nets

how common are they gonna be?
you have to carry them around as well and to be efficient you have to change the tiers of nets when you change tiers of maps which means more time wasted on inventory management

yep just imagine the extra clusterfuck in your inventory when you farm elder and have to do various tier maps
Last edited by Aetherium on Feb 23, 2018, 5:38:46 AM
I don't hate Bestiary. It just does not appeal to me that much. Therefore it will be Standard for me, for the coming 3 months. No problem at all, there are just so many builds I haven't played yet.
All I have seen that everyone is hyped for new league.

Where do you see so much hate ? :D

I am very hyped myself. Its going to be my first full league. All im sad about is they delay with class changes. As im pretty new to the game Id like to start theory crafting ASAP because I need to read alot.

Going with ED occultist and I have no idea if its viable or not
You can ignore the core of the League, capturing Beasts, by spending your Chaos Orbs. Which I'm afraid many people will do.
"
Orbaal wrote:
Will play the league and give it a fair shot.

Im kinda disappointed that monsters can be traded.
)

Play SSF and your problem is solved. That´s what people do to solve bad systematics of trade league :)
ppl whined before breach, look how that turned out.
ppl whined before abyss, yet it's been one of the most successful leagues.

ppl whine about bestiary... cause that's just how it is. :)

I'm ready, will be much fun as always.
"
I'm looking forward to either giving Standard a much overdue review or, far more likely, just playing something else until this gross misfire of a league is just a bad memory. I don't 'hate' Bestiary; it's just an idea and it's foolish to invest something as strong as hate in a mere idea. My feelings are directly exactly at those who came up with it and then allocated a fucktonne of GGG resources to make it happen. I'm disappointed that GGG ever thought it was a good idea to base a league around capturing, studying and then deliberately sacrificing enemies we've been methodically but practically wiping out for years. It's forced me to rethink people I thought I knew. Never a pleasant sensation, that.

I feel at heart that Bestiary is a waste of our money, which we pay to GGG with the unspoken pact that they'll do good and awesome things with it for the game we love to play and support. I've seen enough dissent from supporters, both moral (in that Bestiary forces the Exile to be basically vehicles for unwarranted torturers) and practical (catching monsters in a game about killing monsters as quickly as possible makes little sense), that this might not have been the case this time.

HAHAHAH - kbye

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info