So much hate for bestiary

"
smkbby wrote:
"
I'm looking forward to either giving Standard a much overdue review or, far more likely, just playing something else until this gross misfire of a league is just a bad memory. I don't 'hate' Bestiary; it's just an idea and it's foolish to invest something as strong as hate in a mere idea. My feelings are directly exactly at those who came up with it and then allocated a fucktonne of GGG resources to make it happen. I'm disappointed that GGG ever thought it was a good idea to base a league around capturing, studying and then deliberately sacrificing enemies we've been methodically but practically wiping out for years. It's forced me to rethink people I thought I knew. Never a pleasant sensation, that.

I feel at heart that Bestiary is a waste of our money, which we pay to GGG with the unspoken pact that they'll do good and awesome things with it for the game we love to play and support. I've seen enough dissent from supporters, both moral (in that Bestiary forces the Exile to be basically vehicles for unwarranted torturers) and practical (catching monsters in a game about killing monsters as quickly as possible makes little sense), that this might not have been the case this time.

HAHAHAH - kbye

Because that response was totally my time. I never said I was leaving. Sorry, you must be new to the forum.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
smkbby wrote:
"
I'm looking forward to either giving Standard a much overdue review or, far more likely, just playing something else until this gross misfire of a league is just a bad memory. I don't 'hate' Bestiary; it's just an idea and it's foolish to invest something as strong as hate in a mere idea. My feelings are directly exactly at those who came up with it and then allocated a fucktonne of GGG resources to make it happen. I'm disappointed that GGG ever thought it was a good idea to base a league around capturing, studying and then deliberately sacrificing enemies we've been methodically but practically wiping out for years. It's forced me to rethink people I thought I knew. Never a pleasant sensation, that.

I feel at heart that Bestiary is a waste of our money, which we pay to GGG with the unspoken pact that they'll do good and awesome things with it for the game we love to play and support. I've seen enough dissent from supporters, both moral (in that Bestiary forces the Exile to be basically vehicles for unwarranted torturers) and practical (catching monsters in a game about killing monsters as quickly as possible makes little sense), that this might not have been the case this time.

HAHAHAH - kbye

Because that response was totally my time. I never said I was leaving. Sorry, you must be new to the forum.

Kbye
Crew doesn't like it I will tell you that lol they may wanna play something else :d
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Crew doesn't like it I will tell you that lol they may wanna play something else :d

But you know they won't...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Here's a specific quote lol

- ''No I just wanna kill shit I don't wanna put my thumb up my ass while I wait''
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Yeah I don't hate the new league but for me I will play standard.

Catching Pokemon just seems not my game.

But i am sure there a lot of people who will love it.

Think this Is the first league that tastes like Marmite you are going to love it or hate it.
"
Jourdain wrote:
To many people hate on this league before it's even started.

This league will be fun, I will personally enjoy it more then Harbinger or Abyss.

Most of the negatives people list are because they can't go fast 24/7.

Tiered net's is a good implementation, a Low Tier net shouldn't have a good success rate when trying to capture a strong legendary beast just like how a weak fishing net wouldn't really be useful for capturing a crocodile.

Just like in real life their are weak net's and strong net's.

As for the issue with killing rare monsters on accident, you will see them on your mini-map if you have bad map awareness then that's a personal issue nothing the dev's can program to fix.

Sure some builds won't be very friendly with this league, however that again is a personal issue. You chose to play a class knowing well in advance that it might not be the best class to play for this league's style of gameplay.

Their are hundreds of builds, no reason you have to play a specific one. Sure it might be your favorite build but the entire game or league can't always be tailored to every build.

Most leagues to date have been either good for AoE builds, or builds that go fast.

This league caters to Single target or small/medium AoE builds.

Your glacial cascade miner that can clear 2 screens away might've been nice in breach league or Abyss but not every league should be tailored to the fastest or biggest AoE builds.

This league is more about Crafting and hunting animals. Any hunter will tell you patience is a key to hunting animals.

Not everything has to be about going fast, or clear speed. Everyone has been to focused on these two things for far to long and because of it anything that goes against that way of thinking is immediately hated on.

I'm sure most players enjoy a fast paced high clear-speed play style, however there are also other players who enjoy builds that don't have the fastest play style or largest clear speed.

The dev's have put a lot of work and effort into this league and to bash it before even giving it a shot isn't fair to them.

It's a temporary league with the potential to have some of it be apart of the core game. If you don't like this league then nobody is forcing you to take part in it.

It's 3 months to experience a different play-style then what most people are used to, and besides what do you want GGG to do? They can't cancel the league regardless of what anything people say so instead of complaining just enjoy the game for what it is instead of treating it like a job where you have to be as efficient and fast as possible.

Zero hate nao on reddit

Chris did some immediate n fast dmg control today.
34pre98qua
Your arguments crumble to pieces when you consider that the beasts are tradeable.

This means the wanders that can clear 4 screens away will still do so, get rich (because the way wealth works in this game it actually promotes speed-clearing, no matter how much you sugar-coat it) get all the necessary beasts and make all the recipes.

The end.
"
Jourdain wrote:
To many people hate on this league before it's even started.

This league will be fun, I will personally enjoy it more then Harbinger or Abyss.

Some people hate it before it has even started.
Some people love it before it has even started.

So?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
nskLantash wrote:
"
FrancescoV wrote:

the fact is that it's going to be so predominant in the gameplay.

What's ironic is i've seen people complain about how grossly optional and skippable the league is and how it's like it won't be there at all and it's just going to be two versions of standard.

Can't win, can you ;d.

Of course you can completely skip it and forget about its existence for the next 3 months.

BUT if I want to actually experience the new League.. this time it looks quite "distracful" from the core gameplay... which wouldn't be a bad thing... if the new mechanic at least fitted a little more in what PoE used to be.

I'm going to play Bestiary and, since apparently they allocated a lot of resources to this new league, I'm giving it the benefit of doubt.

But still I wish they spent the resources into improving and expanding some of the old, rusting, mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info