[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
monnemann wrote:
How will this be in 3.2?

Edit: Compared to 3.1.

It's not realy possible to answer you atm. GGG didn't realsed the patch note yet, so we don't know so much about the 3.2 content atm.

If you play this build in std you shouldn't have to much problems to make it works. The only problem will be the watcher eyes and rings. Even raw clarity mana conversion are stupidly expensive atm in std. And Opal rings like the ones OP have are legacy and can be extremly expensive.

If you plan to play this build in next league, you have to keep in mind that watcher eye should be as expensive as it was in Abyss (20-40ex), and the price of Presence of Chayula should be much more higher than in Abyss or in std (breach will be kicked out of Zana mods for the next league).

But there is some cheap variations of this build. A mana guardian low life can have extremly similare defensive stats with similar and cheap stuff variations.
My mana guardian have as much ES, armor, and res as OP. You will just have less chaos res and ~30% less dps. If you are curious, here is the pob : https://pastebin.com/k8BNUDpr
Note, the low regen value can be explain easily :
- no shaper mods ES recovery on belt ;
- no secondary vitality regen buff on watcher eye ;
- no Oak from bandit reward ;
- Alberon instead of Death Door ;
- no vitality 21 + 1 level from shaper touch corruption ;
- a sightly different tree ;
- I did not invest as many exalt in this char as OP did in his character.

This should gives you a little idea of what you can do as a "budget" version (I use "", the watcher eye still cost me like 25ex lol). And I'm able to facetank guardians, I carry without to much problems Red Elder, and so on.
But if you have the chance to drop the good watcher eye and farm enought currency, you should aim for OP version. It's an extremly ballanced version.
"
Jadran wrote:
Thoughts on taking the lower part of the 1st wheel next to Templar start vs. the upper part?

Not sure how to do the math here, but we seem to trade:

45% mana regen
1.2% life regen

for

30% increased armor
15% max ES

I will have to check when i come back from work pretty busy at the moment.

"
zzang, hi again!

what do you think about this build? https://pastebin.com/ZteRSDsd

seems to be more tanky at the approximately same/lower investement

On first sight ES looks insane, damage is a bit low though. Will have to give it a detailed analysis when im back from work.
Last edited by zzang on Feb 28, 2018, 1:44:25 AM
OP, what do you think about new herald of ash for another 12% more fire spell damage for SR? Is it worth it? Can we add it as an aura?
NANI
Last edited by gepmah on Feb 28, 2018, 1:13:00 AM
"
"
monnemann wrote:
How will this be in 3.2?

It's not realy possible to answer you atm. GGG didn't realsed the patch note yet, so we don't know so much about the 3.2 content atm.

If you play this build in std you shouldn't have to much problems to make it works. The only problem will be the watcher eyes and rings. Even raw clarity mana conversion are stupidly expensive atm in std. And Opal rings like the ones OP have are legacy and can be extremly expensive.

If you plan to play this build in next league, you have to keep in mind that watcher eye should be as expensive as it was in Abyss (20-40ex), and the price of Presence of Chayula should be much more higher than in Abyss or in std (breach will be kicked out of Zana mods for the next league).

But there is some cheap variations of this build. A mana guardian low life can have extremly similare defensive stats with similar and cheap stuff variations.
My mana guardian have as much ES, armor, and res as OP. You will just have less chaos res and ~30% less dps. If you are curious, here is the pob : https://pastebin.com/k8BNUDpr

This should gives you a little idea of what you can do as a "budget" version (I use "", the watcher eye still cost me like 25ex lol). And I'm able to facetank guardians, I carry without to much problems Red Elder, and so on.
But if you have the chance to drop the good watcher eye and farm enought currency, you should aim for OP version. It's an extremly ballanced version.

Hi Tetlis, this is an excellent summary, thank you!

One question though, does PoB calculate DoT DPS for RF correctly? You wrote your version has around 30% less DPS compared to OP's build, but comparing both in PoB I see his sitting on 500k DoT (with a 4L RF) and yours at around 220k DoT (even thuogh your RF is 6L). After removing Watcher's Eye completely from OP's build, it still shows over 400k DoT. Is there an explanation or PoB just borks those calculations?

"
zzang wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:
Thoughts on taking the lower part of the 1st wheel next to Templar start vs. the upper part?

Not sure how to do the math here, but we seem to trade:

45% mana regen
1.2% life regen

for

30% increased armor
15% max ES

I will have to check when i come back from work pretty busy at the moment.

I did some quick PoB math and here are the results. It looks like the upper path only gives us a bit more ES regen, while losing ES, DPS and armor. It also gives a lot of mana regen, but if we have no mana regen issues to begin with, it is probably not worth it.

taking upper path next to Templar start, compared to the lower one:

DoT: 488894 (-11k)
ES: 14671 (-400)
ES regen: 3954 (+114)
Armor: 55877 (-4.5k)
Mana regen: 692 (+113)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
One question though, does PoB calculate DoT DPS for RF correctly? You wrote your version has around 30% less DPS compared to OP's build, but comparing both in PoB I see his sitting on 500k DoT (with a 4L RF) and yours at around 220k DoT (even thuogh your RF is 6L). After removing Watcher's Eye completely from OP's build, it still shows over 400k DoT. Is there an explanation or PoB just borks those calculations?

The dps in PoB is correct. The explanation about the DoT dps difference is simple. zzang checked all his flask, and many options in the "Configuration" sheet while I didn't checked a single one.
With the same options checked in PoB we have the same RF dps.
But there is 2-3 thing I would like to point here :

- OP is level 100 while I'm lvl 92. This alow him to get few dps nodes, like Breath of Flame wheel ;
- OP have the same RF DoT dps as me. But he play his RF in a 4L while I play in a 6L. We have the same DoT dps for RF, but it's not the single source of dps of this build. Scorching Ray is an other huge source of dps here. Especialy for OP, with his 6L. If we compare our dps in SR without any temporary buff like flask or other shity option in PoB, he is siting on a 550k Scorching ray dps. In my case, I only have 110k DPS ;
- I would highly recommand to not consider the DPS with flasks up. End game boss like guardians, Elder in red tier, Shaper, U.Atziri, are long fight. They generaly have instances that make the fight way more longuer than the total duration of your flask buff. So most part of the fight will be done without flask buff of any sort.
This character isn't a pathfinder, we can't be permanently under flasks effect. And we don't have so much possibility for refiling them. So you should consider the dps without the flask up in order to have a accurate idea of the effective dps.
In general when you read/watch a guide be very carefull about DPS showcase who activate every single flasks in the Items sheet.

In summary : zzang and me have the same RF dps. But zzang Scorching Ray totaly cursh mine. We have the same clearspeed (you will rarely use SR in map). But against Boss, zzang have something like 40-50% more dps (maybe more), because of SR. That's why I said his version of the character have something like 30% more dps than the one I play. And he have way more regen and chaos res than me.

His version is better than mine in many point.
But here you have a fonctional example of a "budget" version of the build, that can do end game content (I do shaper guardian, U.Lab, Elder in red map, etc.).
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Feb 28, 2018, 4:40:46 AM
"
"
monnemann wrote:
How will this be in 3.2?

You should make a guide on this one as a starter, i for one would really appriciate it, amongst others i am sure!
"
"
Jadran wrote:

The dps in PoB is correct. The explanation about the DoT dps difference is simple. zzang checked all his flask, and many options in the "Configuration" sheet while I didn't checked a single one.
With the same options checked in PoB we have the same RF dps.
But there is 2-3 thing I would like to point here :

- OP is level 100 while I'm lvl 92. This alow him to get few dps nodes, like Breath of Flame wheel ;
- OP have the same RF DoT dps as me. But he play his RF in a 4L while I play in a 6L. We have the same DoT dps for RF, but it's not the single source of dps of this build. Scorching Ray is an other huge source of dps here. Especialy for OP, with his 6L. If we compare our dps in SR without any temporary buff like flask or other shity option in PoB, he is siting on a 550k Scorching ray dps. In my case, I only have 110k DPS ;
- I would highly recommand to not consider the DPS with flasks up. End game boss like guardians, Elder in red tier, Shaper, U.Atziri, are long fight. They generaly have instances that make the fight way more longuer than the total duration of your flask buff. So most part of the fight will be done without flask buff of any sort.
This character isn't a pathfinder, we can't be permanently under flasks effect. And we don't have so much possibility for refiling them. So you should consider the dps without the flask up in order to have a accurate idea of the effective dps.
In general when you read/watch a guide be very carefull about DPS showcase who activate every single flasks in the Items sheet.

In summary : zzang and me have the same RF dps. But zzang Scorching Ray totaly cursh mine. We have the same clearspeed (you will rarely use SR in map). But against Boss, zzang have something like 40-50% more dps (maybe more), because of SR. That's why I said his version of the character have something like 30% more dps than the one I play. And he have way more regen and chaos res than me.

His version is better than mine in many point.
But here you have a fonctional example of a "budget" version of the build, that can do end game content (I do shaper guardian, U.Lab, Elder in red map, etc.).

Thank you for the detailed explanation, it makes sense now. I will play a bit more with PoB later, I wasn't aware of the "activate flask" option. It seems to be a really useful tool, like a game within a game, in its own right :)

I love the idea of this build, as it always gives something to aspire to, a gear upgrade to look forward to, etc. It's probably natural to start with your version and slowly upgrade to OP's version, as gear / wealth becomes available.

I tried leveling this in Standard, switched over to LL RF at lvl 36, with Solaris Lorica, 2 Kikazarus, Springleaf, Ephemeral Edge, Crown of Thorns and Shaper's Seed. I love the playstyle and the fact that DPS and defenses will only scale up from this point on. I will attempt this in Bestiary, although I know it will be a bit challenging, but I welcome a challenge after 2 leagues of brainless leveling with totems or SRS. There used to be times when you actually needed to farm areas during leveling before being able to proceed, and this build may be one of those :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
challenges in SC? lol?
"
gepmah wrote:
OP, what do you think about new herald of ash for another 12% more fire spell damage for SR? Is it worth it? Can we add it as an aura?

I don’t think it’s worth using. If you have room for this aura I would use instead arctic armour
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
monnemann wrote:
You should make a guide on this one as a starter, i for one would really appriciate it, amongst others i am sure!

You can't consider any build as a "starter" build if some of the core items are exclusive drop from end game boss just like Shaper's touch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info