[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
"
gepmah wrote:
OP, what do you think about new herald of ash for another 12% more fire spell damage for SR? Is it worth it? Can we add it as an aura?

I don’t think it’s worth using. If you have room for this aura I would use instead arctic armour

why would you use Arctic armor for RF build? we already have 60k armor which is enough to mitigate phys, and less fire damage is applied ONLY to hits.
NANI
"
gepmah wrote:
OP, what do you think about new herald of ash for another 12% more fire spell damage for SR? Is it worth it? Can we add it as an aura?

Herlad of Ash doesnt work that way the more burning damage only applies locally to the overkill burn by herald of fire. The other downside is that herald of ash ruins your shield charge elemental equilibrium proc. As another contributer said earlier its better to use arctic armour. It would be my target aura if GGG ever decides to drop determination to 35% reservation.

"
zzang, hi again!

what do you think about this build? https://pastebin.com/ZteRSDsd

seems to be more tanky at the approximately same/lower investement

Hey there, checked the rings, amulet and belt. Indeed more tanky and i know quite a few people that would buy those stuffs for double digit exalts to craft mirror items out of it. I looked quite some time for rings like this but i didnt see comparable ones even in 100+ ex range.

That being said if i had those rings id definately use them they are insane and would bump myself with a more defense setup to 20k ES but they are also close to mirror range. The amulet itself is close to mirror worthy too. My respect if u have those items. But why on earth are you running purity of elements instead of purity of lightning?

In this regard id not say the budget of your link is anywhere close to mine its a lot higher atleast by standard market prices. Also id personally never replace deaths door, bleed immune is such a strong mechanic even for build like ours who have very high armour.

And i see one big downside on the build you have linked.

It does rely heavily on Shaper gloves just in case GGG decides to nerf those gloves - i mean lets be realistic those gloves give you 8k ES alone. Its not unreasonable that this or next patch those gloves gets nullified. In this case i simply switch to ES gloves and my build will still be kicking with high DPS and 15k ES (on ES boots) and around 14k on deaths door. The items in my build are quite a bit fail safe against a variety of nerfs - while if someone went for conentration of items regarding shaper gloves and shaper gloves get fucked then all is gone.

In this guide i try to present a well balanced version that has very good defense and offense that dont require mirror items or close to mirror but still give a nice goal for players to look for realistic achievements.

I have made a small adjustments to my personal tree that gave me +1k es up from 15k to 16k and minus 10k armour down from 60k to 50k with es boots id reach 17k ES at 950k shaper dmg but i prefer deaths door for the saftey net they provide.

https://pastebin.com/bQaVGQP5

Will add the PoB link as alternative tree.
Last edited by zzang on Feb 28, 2018, 3:51:28 PM
"
gepmah wrote:
"
"
gepmah wrote:

I don’t think it’s worth using. If you have room for this aura I would use instead arctic armour

why would you use Arctic armor for RF build? we already have 60k armor which is enough to mitigate phys, and less fire damage is applied ONLY to hits.

You just answered your own question.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Hi Everybody,

I have to say I really like the idea of this build. One of the biggest weaknesses of RF builds is typically physical damage mitigation, and this build solves it wonderfully.

I think I'm going to give it a shot in the Bestiary HC league. I obviously can't run the exact build listed--presence of Chayula will be inordinately expensive, and even Shav's is quite costly in HC. So here's my take on a truly budget version of this build:

https://pastebin.com/VwaV5Kvf

This uses a Solaris Lorica and no expensive uniques (the most expensive thing is a shaper's touch, without which this build would be nonfunctional) or even rares. With budget gear, we can still get almost 11k ES and 60k armor. The tree is also a little different because I value jewel slots less than the original build (OP jewels are expensive). It won't cut it in high tier maps, but hopefully it should allow me to make it there and start improving my gear and tree little by little.

Let me all know what you think (or if you know of a better LL RF build that is "relatively" budget-oriented.

Thanks!
"

Hi Everybody,

I have to say I really like the idea of this build. One of the biggest weaknesses of RF builds is typically physical damage mitigation, and this build solves it wonderfully.

I think I'm going to give it a shot in the Bestiary HC league. I obviously can't run the exact build listed--presence of Chayula will be inordinately expensive, and even Shav's is quite costly in HC. So here's my take on a truly budget version of this build:

https://pastebin.com/VwaV5Kvf

This uses a Solaris Lorica and no expensive uniques (the most expensive thing is a shaper's touch, without which this build would be nonfunctional) or even rares. With budget gear, we can still get almost 11k ES and 60k armor. The tree is also a little different because I value jewel slots less than the original build (OP jewels are expensive). It won't cut it in high tier maps, but hopefully it should allow me to make it there and start improving my gear and tree little by little.

Let me all know what you think (or if you know of a better LL RF build that is "relatively" budget-oriented.

What's the point of the Sorrow of the Divine flask? Why not just use a normal sulphur or a stibnite or a basalt with curse immunity on it? In HC especially that curse immunity is really important.
"
What's the point of the Sorrow of the Divine flask? Why not just use a normal sulphur or a stibnite or a basalt with curse immunity on it? In HC especially that curse immunity is really important.

I didn't optimize the flasks. You're exactly right! We need curse immunity.
hi can you please explain how to lvl up passive tree lvl 30-40-70 etc . Thank you
That will be my starting build. So easy to switch from life to ES!
Good notes, Shavrons is realy cheap at the Start and you can buy many to 6L and corrupt in the Season.
I had no Idea about the Helmet last Season. That thing will change everything!
Thank's a lot!

Edit
Best Belt would be:
Crystal Belt
+80 to maximum Energy Shield
+60 to Strength (required ILvl 85; +55 on ILvl 82; +50 on ILvl 74)
+58 to Intelligence (Deafening Essence of Spite)
+540 to Armour (required ILvl 86; +460 on ILvl 83; +400 on ILvl 71)
+51 to maximum Energy Shield (required Ilvl 80: +47 on ILvl 74; +43 on ILvl 68)
10% increased maximum Energy Shield (required ILvl 75; +7% on ILvl 68)
20% increased Energy Shield Recovery rate (required ILvl 75; +15% in ILvl 68)
(Shaped)
Last edited by Komischerman on Mar 2, 2018, 11:19:16 AM
"
zzang wrote:
"
Octvill wrote:
Hi

With Enlighten Levels 3 a build works? I did everything right, all the correct items, belt and ring, but on page 1 you're using an Enlighten nv 3, so I thought I could use it, but now I've seen it has to be nv4. And here in Standart does not have any for sale and even if it had, I spent everything in this build, I only have 1.5ex.
If Enlighten nv 3 still works, what aura do you recommend I leave out?

Hi, you need shaper gloves 1+ corruption with enlighten lvl 3 as displayed in the item section. Its the cheaper alternative to enlighten lvl 4.

I did not get a Shaper Touch with + 1 corruption, but I bought this Vertex helmet where I won
plus 1 of lvl in socketed gem. And in fact, I consider it better than the helmet you recommended you wear. Can I use it instead of this in the guide? I would lose armor, but I would win ES.

What about Doryani's Catalyst? Can I use it?

I left the gems Vitality, Discipline and Putiry of Fire in the shield, where everyone is ag on lvl 22. I made a good move, or I should leave your guide equal.

I am lvl 85 with ES regenaration per second in ES 1254 and ES 7808. I can handle the RF without problems. But if you say that it is essential to have the helmet and the mace I go back to them and run behind an enlighten nv4 (I will suffer to get one).
"
campry wrote:
hi can you please explain how to lvl up passive tree lvl 30-40-70 etc . Thank you

I don't have time right now to fully spell this out, but I'd recommend starting as a life-based scorching ray build (searing bond also would work nicely), taking the "wheel of life", and then removing those nodes and going rf once you can afford the required gear (and have the points--approximately level 70).

That's my rough plan for Bestiary HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info