What are you expectating for ascendancy class buffs/nerfs?

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
hopefully bow builds stop sucking ass in general.

Sorry for doubleposting, but excuse me?

He is totally right. Bow builds just sucks because all bow skills need a BUFF, except tornado shot and lightning arrow.

Burning arrow, ice shot, split arrow, explosive arrow are dead skills unless you have a insane gear to run with it, emp lvl 4 ( Explos arrow ) and etc.

Yes, I also think all bow skills should be buffed and still, if you're playing SSF you CAN'T level using a bow skill because it just sucks. The damage of those skills can maybe be good at lvl 20 ( I said maybe ) but for leveling its just a nightmare. Split arrow for example isn't viable from act1 to act10. Meme skills.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
In fairness to our "bows suck" crowd... ranged characters in general benefit far more from knowledge and experience than melee does. Learning the fights and being able to avoid damage helps the evasion class far more than it helps the tanky armor based juggernauts.

lol no bro, evasion is totally crap. You have 0% phys damage mitigation and whenever you're hit that's 1 hit kill.

evasion is meme builds for SC. If you're playing HC you'll see armour, life and ES.
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 8, 2018, 10:41:14 AM
You're simply basing that on your experience which is based on your playstyle. Nothing wrong with that, but it makes your opinions a bit biased.

Evasion sucks if you play it like armor/life. Tru dat.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You're simply basing that on your experience which is based on your playstyle. Nothing wrong with that, but it makes your opinions a bit biased.

Show me a HC 100 character based on evasion. Never seen one. Let me know if you find one.

Isn't a opinion, that's a fact. You just don't know what you're saying.
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 8, 2018, 11:02:08 AM
Defenses are layered in any decent HC build, It's kinda unfair to say "evasion build".

Most of the sunder builds have more evasion than anything, but there survive is coming from extremely high block, over leech, things like endurance charges, curses, etc...

For instance my gladiator character right now you could classify as evasion, as I have around 15k compared to 3k armor.

But I have 45% natural block and spell block, rumis flask, arctic armor, Enfeeble on CWDT, perma blind, the 3 link IC CWDT cheese, and basalt+evasion flask and a good amount of leech. Character virtually never get's hit, but when it does high passive regen and leech immediately refill health and if not I have instant flasks and enough life pool and flat physical mitigation to take any hit easily.

Armor really does fuckall against abilities like Brutus smash/vaal smash the big telegraphed stuff you are afraid to get one shot by, not saying evasion is the better alternative just that the methods of not dying to shit that is going to one shot you is outside the realm of armor/eva/es entirely.
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Show me a HC 100 character based on evasion. Never seen one. Let me know if you find one.

never Ever ask for something as pointless as show me a level 100 hc character dosent really mean anything

Eva on his own is a little trash due to entropy, but you can get max dodge spell dodge and block spell block if you really want to

The raiders tornado shoots semi MF(2 ventors biscos and kaoms) are super meta right now there are a few level 100 and 99 on that list lol

So something as simple as a QoTF raider that dont take acro would make your point mute?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037514

Only a dumbass pays for a F2P game.
Last edited by noheal on Feb 8, 2018, 11:28:10 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

evasion was just about unplayable in HC abyss, hybrid was fine. The phys damage is extreme and even with a fortify/end charge/kintsugi type build you will get one shot by an invul abyss dbag sooner or later. It isn't a question of playability its a question of numbers.

The later tier abyss rares hit harder than guardians do (albeit pure phys) if your unlucky enough to get some dubious aura stacking.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Feb 8, 2018, 11:33:29 AM
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
hopefully bow builds stop sucking ass in general.

Sorry for doubleposting, but excuse me?

Show me a HC viable bow build that can compete with stuff like warchiefs, scpectres, scorching ray, sunder etc... on a shoestring budget and can level practically SSF without wanting to kill yourself.

I really don't believe one exists, and looking at the HCA/HCSSFA ladders there are virtually no bow builds unless you count the meme iceshot champions running 7 curse as a support builds.

its an evasion problem tho right? Evasion is fairly suicidal without a coil or a kaoms. something like tornado shot just obliterates sunder all manner of ways, but you can go gladiator sunder, iron reflexes, ur good to go for a kind of medium tanky character that can do alright deeps and get through. Grace will guarantee you a certain level of armour regardless of gear and the block is all coming from passives, but a bow char? What you gonna do without either of those unique armours? go IR now you got armour but no avoidance from block = death trap, go evasion with no phys reduc from coil or hp from kaoms = death trap. Honestly even with a regular 500hp kaoms I think theyre too fragile for my tastes.

If I go back to standard where I have access to the full spread of gear or Im willing to spend a lot of money in abyss tho I can make a bow char that will just obliterate any sunder character I could make. At the high end theyre ferocious for mapping in terms of survivability and damage.

leveling with bows is awful beyond words. Whenever Ive done it ive gone dual claws until mid way through the game, act1 bows is torture.
I'm expecting a rework or overhaul, nothing less.
Second-class poe gamer
"
noheal wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

never Ever ask for something as pointless as show me a level 100 hc character dosent really mean anything

Eva on his own is a little trash due to entropy, but you can get max dodge spell dodge and block spell block if you really want to

The raiders tornado shoots semi MF(2 ventors biscos and kaoms) are super meta right now there are a few level 100 and 99 on that list lol

So something as simple as a QoTF raider that dont take acro would make your point mute?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037514

abyss league with all the +50maximum lif jewels doesnt count. Anything can work this league. But generally talking, evasion is just worst than armour or ES, always was, always will be.

"level 100 HC doesnt means nothing" oh that's funny lol if lvl 100 HC characters "it's pointless" for sure your lvl 90 SC character doesn't means anything as well.

I'm not saying it's impossible to make a EV build work, just saying, once again, it is usually the worst defensive option, I have no doubt and a lot of experience about it.

Anyway, this htread is not talking about evasion or armour or anything else it was a class discussion, I'm done and my last reply about it.
All I ever do is delay,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 8, 2018, 12:05:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info