What are you expectating for ascendancy class buffs/nerfs?

gawd i hope they wont nurf inquisitor, but make elementalist more useful. Like rework pendulum to be in line with inquisitor's best nodes, except focus on pure damage and status ailments.

Occultist has the whole chaos thing, so she's more or less fine.

Assassin could have som more defence.

Saboteur havent played so much but needs... skill cost reduction maybe?

Deadeye should be even more crit more focused, it would fit the flavor. Give her a big ms boost also.
Basically what everyone else is saying buff unused shit. Maybe nerf slightly a couple powerful things in the popular nodes.

Slayer: nerf 20% cull down to standard 10% cull but leave all leech alone
Deadeye: +2 proj +2 chain make it staight bleed imune and maybe passive power charge gen
Ascendent: rework pathing so you can start taking tree nodes from respective start area after first lab
I don't think inq need to be nerfed, just assassin and elementalist need to be buffed and reworked. So we have more options to play.

Hierophant/deadeye buff YES please, +2 chain and +2 proj and more buffs on deadeye side, mov speed, crit nodes ( without the bleeding useless nodes ) etc

I would be happy with huge changes to assassin/elementalist/hiero/deadeye already. With this 4 classes fixed things would look a lot better already, never played classes for me like deadeye and hiero I would definately give a try if they do a good work. :)
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 9, 2018, 11:14:28 AM
This is what I'm expecting/hoping for;

Duelist

Slayer nerfed or leech slightly reworked. It should require more then two ascendancy nodes, Vaal pact and a couple leech nodes to be able to leech your whole life pool in a second.

Gladiator; Blood in the eyes node reworked. Besides the 6% reduced damage taken from bleeding enemies, this node doesn't give much. 25% bleed change is often overkill with how easy bleed change is to get, and 30% increased damage is just nothing. Not expecting much changes for the rest.

Champion; Taunting fixed, and all the 'melee damage' changed to 'attack damage'. It sucks losing half your ascendancy against certain bosses, or rares/map mod with taunt immunity. Changing the melee damage to general attack damage makes it more attractive for non-melee builds, especially bow builds that normally cannot get fortify. For the rest maybe a slight buff to the fortify node, but nothing more.

Marauder

Berserker; maybe some small number changes, nothing ells.

Juggernaut; Slightly reworked to make it more attractive outside Lab farming. Unbreakable properly changed as it's only really used with a Brass dome.

Chieftain; major rework. It's to niche, and even the builds that should/could use it, are better of picking up a different ascendancy.

Templar

Guardian fixed and slightly nerfed; Mainly making the aura stuff not stackable, and some small number changes. It's not in a bad spot, just the aura overlapping stuff can make group play so save with multiple guardians.

Hierophant a bit reworked/buffed. Divine guidance and Sanctaury split, as they don't synergie with eachother very well (MoM doesn't work with ES). The charges removed, as it feels a bit random in there. Maybe a buffed instruments of virtue from inquisitor added, as it would synergise well with illuminated devotion. Two nodes that are focused on using multiple attacks and spells together.

Inquisitor slightly nerfed. I'm not expecting more then slight number changes. Maybe instruments of virtue replaced, as I think that node fits more in the Hierophant ascendancy.

Witch

Necro slightly nerfed. Spectre node maybe reworked as it's very strong, but pretty boring.

Oculist. The power charge node replaced or updated, as it feels a bit missplaced in the current ascendancy. Not much changed.

Elementalist; major rework. It's just a mess, with very weak nodes really. Especially the ailment nodes are an issue, with how weak ailments currently are. If they want to keep it in there, they really got to update ailments as well.

Shadow

Trickster; Trickster isn't really used for anything ells then DoT builds, so i'm expecting them to or embrace this and just slightly rework some parts to really cement this, or do a major overhaul if they want trickster to be more then just the DoT ascendancy.

Assassin; Most likely just some number changes. Maybe some bleed/poison changes, but assassin just need stronger nodes. It got nerfed to hard last time.

Saboteur; I hope mines/traps get slightly reworked to make them more viable. If that happens saboteur isn't in a bad spot. The only node that really could use some changes is the second blind node.

Ranger;

Pathfinder; Slightly nerfed, or changed to be a bit less unique flask reliant. Not expecting many changes to this really.

Raider; Some number changes, but not expecting much changes. It's a solid ascendancy.

Deadeye; The end nodes buffed. They just feel weak, especially the +1 chain one. For the rest just number changes, as the rest isn't that bad. Maybe adding cast speed to every node with attack speed to make it attractive/useable for spell-projectile builds.

Scion.

Completely reworked. Current version just doesn't work in my opinion.
Last edited by Tortunga on Feb 9, 2018, 2:34:39 PM
Saboteur - something, that is actually useful for traps and mines. I mean c'mon, that's the main reason people pick this ascendancy.
Why the hell do I need blind immunity on a trapper? Or damage reduction from traps, when there are like 3 enemies using traps in entire game?

Imo Saboteur needs something to help him recover mana and life/ES from traps/mines. I played ice trap Sab in Harbinger and sustainability was the biggest issue.
Last edited by osesek on Feb 9, 2018, 4:49:29 PM
from the clases i am more familiar with i would go with this

hierophant:

divine guidance and sanctuary of thought: outside some nich build they have little to no sinergy, would be much better to have a life/mana branch and a ES/mana branch say:

divine guidance ----> new keystone with % of life is added as mana regen

new keystone with % of unreserved mana is added as damage to attacks/spells ---> sanctuary of thought

ritual of awakening: this keystone feels weird, you get more totems but the keystone penalise the player if one try to stack many totems :/, put something else like a fixed less duration.

guardian: bonker build if playing as a buff bot, outside that is not that good

radiant faith: half the armor and ES gain/given 15% --> 8% and 160% to 80%

unawearing faith: 1.5% phys reduction to self and 0.5% to allys , 0.4% life regen to self and 0.2% to allys

time of need: i think it should be reworked to be a low life conditional like incresaed effects of buffs on you while on low life

chieftain:

Ngamahu, Flame's Advance: change it to increased burning damage or ignited enemys have a chance to explode.

Tawhoa, Forest's Strength: not particularly bad but is not something that makes me want to build around it, it needs something behind like a BM or iron will related keystone say: 1% increased damage for every 50 life reserved

the totem branch is a bit to nich but overall is nice

champion

First to Strike, Last to Fall: that 200% increased armor/eva looks nice but no amount of armor and evasion will make a 3-4k life build live long enought to make it worth it, may be if it had something that sinergy with mind over mater like "gain % of damage taken as mana while on low life" then it would be more appealing

fortitude: while permanent fortify can be quite usefull, keeping fortify up is not hard so the keystone feels weak, it needs to give somethng else.

scion
for the most part the asc keystones feel weak wich is not surprising considering thay are just watered down vertions of the original asc class, i think best aproach for scion is to remove this watered down keystones and replace them with the hability to pick 1 of the first row of keystones of said asc class.
as an example scion unlocks chieftain, then it will be able to choose one keystone: Tawhoa Forest's Strength, Ngamahu Flame's Advance or Arohongui Moon's Presence.

this means scion will be able to create powerfull combos by mixing keystones from diferent asc classes with the drawback being the limit of only 2 keystone and that she wont be able to pick the strongest ones.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Feb 9, 2018, 8:01:16 PM
This is what people want -

No nerfs
Buff the unused shit

This is what's going to happen -

Fuck every single most popular node
Barely make the unused shit viable

GGG 1k balence team.

lmao agreed
Just remove classes already and gods if its getting nerfed more lol
Knowing GGG's balance team

They'll Buff Nerfs
and
Nerf buffs
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I wonder how much dissapointment our lord and saviour has when he reads this thread and realizes his children all lost their faith.

Is PoE not more balanced now than it ever has been in the past? Double dip, crit, instant leech, iaoe scaling, what else is left at this point?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 10, 2018, 12:45:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info