[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

To everyone who has been asking questions today, I am really sorry I haven’t been available to help out. I’ve been away the entire day, and will be so until tomorrow evening. I’ll try to catch up when I get back!

Don't panic.
Just wanna say, fantastic build and guide with excellent clearspeed. I've gone the furthest with challenges as I've ever gotten with this!
"
unignore wrote:
"
HighBlow wrote:
"
HighBlow wrote:
hey, whats with the shield nodes ?

sry i just noticed the shield in POB wich is not vrey specified in gear section, since im new to this kind of build could someone pls explain the benefits of shield over 2 x weps and what would be best in slot ?

This build does a lot of damage already with only one weapon. We don't really need another weapon to do more damage. What we do need is survivability. A shield gives us life, evasion and dodge/resistances. Also, as it is explained in the guide, if we get a shaper shield with reduced mana reservation we don't need to use enlighten to have enough mana left to use our skills. The ideal shield is a rare shaper shield with high life and defensive stats (evasion, resistances) and 15% reduced mana reservation.

On another note, I found a new Lethal Pride. This one does almost 1 mil DPS according to POB:
Spoiler
20% increased Melee Damage
20% increased Physical Damage
30% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance
30% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance
5% chance to deal Double Damage
5% chance to deal Double Damage
0.4% of Attack Damage leeched as Life
Ignites you inflict deal Damage 10% faster
+58 to Strength

The seed is 17060 - Kiloava

Thank you for taking time and helping out with replying to people in the thread. I really appreciate it.

Also, holy shit, that Lethal Pride is insane!

Don't panic.
"
casualchedd wrote:
Just a quick question about crafting a weapon. In your video you say Pdps is pretty important for scaling our damage output. I've put into PoB two claws, 1 which i could craft myself rightnow and another up for sale. The Pdps on mine is 386 and the one online is 418, but in PoB I lose damage running the 418 claw. The only difference is slightly higher added flat phys and hybrid %phys/accuracy on the 418, while mine has %ele pen and no %phys/accuracy role. Is the percentage ele pen a good role to be considered with regard to Pdps?

Edit: I even calculated with a 452 Pdps claw i found on trade and my claw with ele pen still has more dps, could PoB calculation be wrong?

Edit2: pastebin with my current build and the 2 claws for comparison https://pastebin.com/vmSdNeHF

I know MasterIJ has already replied to you, so I'll just chime on what he said. You are correct. The elemental penetration mod is incredibly strong.
I actually gave away a 478 PDPS claw earlier in the league, because it didn't beat my current claw (which is at 418pdps and 15% penetration).

Don't panic.
"
NunurZ wrote:
Hi,

@JaymerJaymer : If you're talking about the same build I followed, you can improve it by making slight changes. I'm still in the PoB phase, but just by swaping 6 nodes in the tree, I gained 150k DPS.

Thx for the build, Fiver, I'll defintely follow it next league. Well written, lots of details, even some leveling tips, gg :).

I did an assassin version of the frostblades, but this one seems to do more damage and have more survivabillity.
Frostblade is one of the most fun ability in the game, IMO.

HF

Frost Blades is no-doubt my favorite skill. I totally agree.

I just hope the build will still be strong after the changes to Raider in the upcoming patch. We'll see. :)

Hit me up if you need anything!

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jul 26, 2019, 5:21:47 PM
"
Aerden wrote:
Just wanna say, fantastic build and guide with excellent clearspeed. I've gone the furthest with challenges as I've ever gotten with this!

Thank you!

I'm so glad that people are having fun with it! :)

Don't panic.
"
Limbs wrote:
I picked up this build later in the league and am absolutely loving it. I finally farmed up enough currency to buy myself a good six-link and am in the process of chroming and setting up proper links on everything now (my links are all over the place right now since I haven't optimised them AT ALL yet).

I was wondering about ruthless in the sixlink. The gem only adds melee damage, so I was wondering if the fact that the projectiles effectively only get four supports is ever a problem?

I notice MasterIJ already answered you, but I'll chime in as well.
Usually when clearing maps, we don't use Ruthless anyway, since we replace it with Ancestral Call.
And on bosses, we don't care as much about the projectiles, since the melee hit is what's going to be damaging the boss. This is where Ruthless is really strong.

So, no, I don't really think it is a problem. :)
The projectiles get 5 supports when we're using Ancestral Call.
They are usually not as important when we are using Ruthless.

Don't panic.
"
JaymerJaymer wrote:
@Fiver
I'd like to commend you for taking time to answer LegacySnow on page 112.
Its nice to see that this far into the league, after many Qs I'm sure, you're still nice and willing to help.
I, being new, found another Frost Blades assassin build I followed and have hit the wall at Lvl 88 and am disappointed that I put so much time into that disorganized [and changing] guide - am DEFINITELY NOT going to start over, but I wish I'd found yours first. I'll keep an eye out next league.
thx !!!

Thank you! I try to help people out, because I think it's really fun that people play my build, and I want them to enjoy it as much as I do!

I'm sorry to hear that you got stuck on the build you are playing.
Every build changes every now and then though, since we find new ways to improve builds pretty regularly. But I get that it sucks if it isn't communicated properly with the people playing the build.
I try to give updates when I change stuff though, so people know what's happening.

They are reworking Raider in next league, so let's hope the build still works by then. :p

Don't panic.
MasterIJ Thank you so much for helping people out! I really appreciate it!

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Limbs wrote:
I picked up this build later in the league and am absolutely loving it. I finally farmed up enough currency to buy myself a good six-link and am in the process of chroming and setting up proper links on everything now (my links are all over the place right now since I haven't optimised them AT ALL yet).

I was wondering about ruthless in the sixlink. The gem only adds melee damage, so I was wondering if the fact that the projectiles effectively only get four supports is ever a problem?

I notice MasterIJ already answered you, but I'll chime in as well.
Usually when clearing maps, we don't use Ruthless anyway, since we replace it with Ancestral Call.
And on bosses, we don't care as much about the projectiles, since the melee hit is what's going to be damaging the boss. This is where Ruthless is really strong.

So, no, I don't really think it is a problem. :)
The projectiles get 5 supports when we're using Ancestral Call.
They are usually not as important when we are using Ruthless.
Thanks for the reply, I see now where I got confused. For whatever reason I thought we were meant to swap between AC and multistrike (even though your skill section explicitly says to switch AC and Ruthless!), keeping Ruthless in the link while mapping as well which didn't make sense to me. Thanks for the extra answer. :)

Now I just need to farm more chromatics so I can get four reds on my dex chest. XD
Last edited by Limbs on Jul 27, 2019, 4:41:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info