[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
pms_techka wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
"
pms_techka wrote:
Previously u noted in your build to kill all bandits for passive point, but now u changed it for allira. Is it that much critical to help her as I’m currently lvl 70 and killed all of them. Thnx in advance.

No it isn’t.
It’s basically a tradeoff between survivability and damage.
By picking alira you get some crit multiplier and all res.
If you kill all you get the same res, no crit multiplier, but a couple extra % chance to evade attacks. I have 2 skillpoints aswell, and for me, I think I get about 3% melee and 5% projectile evade.

Both options are good imo.

Thanks for reply. Any suggestions about pantheon?

I play with Soul of Yugul for the reduced reflect damage, and Soul of Lunaris. But there are probably other good options aswell.

Don't panic.
Edit.
Items updated
Skillgems updated
Title updated
Updated PoB link
Updated PoB tooltip showcase
Removed unnecessary videos

Don't panic.
Hey Buddy, pretty decent guide you wrote there. Must have been a lot of work.
I'm following your build and i'm having a blast playing. Insane clearspeed, good singletarget and my GPU is not exploding like on my Molten Strike Inqui.
I'm level 82 now and i'm plowing through T10-T12 Maps like its a cakewalk.

Keep up with the good work! :-*
Hey bro, I have a question about claw, how did u get it: buy it or craft? Maybe some short notes on crafting that kind of claw? Thnx!
"
pms_techka wrote:
Hey bro, I have a question about claw, how did u get it: buy it or craft? Maybe some short notes on crafting that kind of claw? Thnx!

Honestly, most of the times it is probably a better idea to just save up and buy one, but I crafted mine. It's a fairly simple strategy, but you will need a lot of currency.

Step 1: Find a good claw with item lvl 83+

Step 2: Use an orb of transmutation to make it magic.

Step 3: Spam orb of alterations until you get good mods.

Step 4: Regal it.

Step 5A: Bad regal? Start over.

Step 5B: Good regal? Finish up the crafting. Depending on what mods you have at this point, the process of finishing up is different.

Scenario 1:
If you have 2 really good prefixes, but shitty suffix, then in order for it to become a good claw, you must first scour your suffix. Because there are two things that pretty much every good claw in the game needs, and that is Attack speed and Crit chance.

To scour your suffixes you take the claw to armourer's bench and add Prefixes cannot be changed [2EX] (this counts as a suffix). Then you use a normal orb of scouring on it. This will remove both the crafted mod and any previous suffixes on an item, leaving you with an item with 2 prefixes.
Then you go to the blessing font and add Can have multiple mods [2ex] (this counts as a suffix).
Craft attack speed, critical strike chance, and prefix of your choice. Done.

If you are already happy with the suffix you have; go straight to Can have multiple mods and master-craft the remaining mods.

Scenario 2:
Let's say the item you regal'd had T1 "% increased physical damage" and T1 "% increased attack speed".
Now after you regal'd it, it also hit T1 "% increased critical strike chance".

You can now, either multimod and add 2 prefixes.
OR
Block the last suffix by crafting something like resist on it.
This leaves you with 1 Prefix and 3 Suffixes.
Use an exalt orb and hope that it hit's something good. Ideal in this scenario would be a high adds # to # physical damage.
(EDIT: Want to add something here. Don't do this. This is bad advice. Only time you should do this is if you have too many exalted orbs and need to get rid of some.)

If you the exalt hit's something bad, you can still just remove the crafted mod, multimod, and craft "adds # to # physical damage" from the wheel.
Same thing if the exalt hit's something good, get rid of the crafted mod and add something you want.
You can also slam another exalt on it at this point, since you will have an open affix left somewhere.

MODS WE WANT

Prefixes:
% increased physical damage
% increased phsyical damage / # to accuracy
adds # to # to physical damage
adds # to # to cold damage
adds # to # to fire damage
adds # to # to lightning damage

Personally I prefer looking for good physical rolls. A good T1 physical roll is worth using a regal on, even if the suffix is really bad.

Here's the reason
Lets assume that we get are crafting the best claw in the game.
From the alteration, we get "170%+ increased physical damage" and something like "x mana gained on kill". Now, the mana gained on kill obviously sucks balls, but here's the thing.
If we were to hit a good "adds # to # physical damage" we suddenly have an extremely good claw. If we end up with both of those rolls on T1, we are sitting on one of the best claw in the game.
We can either just scour the suffixes, multimod, and master craft it. That would give us a claw with a minimum 400 physical dps. (which is INSANE)

But here's the thing. If we block the prefixes, we can slam 2 exalts on the claw in hopes of getting 26-27 increased attack speed. If we fail, we can just scour the suffixes and keep on trying over and over. It's going to cost a bit. But when we succeed, all of a sudden we have a claw with up to 504 physical dps. Also. This is with only 2 prefixes. We still have room to add more damage.

This is obviously like winning the lottery, but you get my line of thinking.

Getting an elemental claw with this extreme kind of DPS is impossible with only two T1 prefixes.

Suffixes
% increased attack speed
% increased critical strike chance

These are really the only good suffixes that we care about. In the best case scenario we could add "% increased critical strike multiplier" on a third place, but if we are going to use Can have multiple mods, there is only room for 2 other suffixes.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Feb 10, 2018, 10:12:29 AM
"
Sin86 wrote:
Hey Buddy, pretty decent guide you wrote there. Must have been a lot of work.
I'm following your build and i'm having a blast playing. Insane clearspeed, good singletarget and my GPU is not exploding like on my Molten Strike Inqui.
I'm level 82 now and i'm plowing through T10-T12 Maps like its a cakewalk.

Keep up with the good work! :-*

Thanks for all the feedback you've provided! <3

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
pms_techka wrote:

Honestly, most of the times it is probably a better idea to just save up and buy one, but I crafted mine. It's a fairly simple strategy, but you will need a lot of currency.

Step 1: Find a good claw with item lvl 83+

Step 2: Use an orb of transmutation to make it magic.

Step 3: Spam orb of alterations until you get good mods.

Step 4: Regal it.

Step 5A: Bad regal? Start over.

Step 5B: Good regal? Finish up the crafting. Depending on what mods you have at this point, the process of finishing up is different.

Scenario 1:
If you have 2 really good prefixes, but shitty suffix, then in order for it to become a good claw, you must first scour your suffix. Because there are two things that pretty much every good claw in the game needs, and that is Attack speed and Crit chance.

To scour your suffixes you take the claw to armourer's bench and add Prefixes cannot be changed [2EX] (this counts as a suffix). Then you use a normal orb of scouring on it. This will remove both the crafted mod and any previous suffixes on an item, leaving you with an item with 2 prefixes.
Then you go to the blessing font and add Can have multiple mods [2ex] (this counts as a suffix).
Craft attack speed, critical strike chance, and prefix of your choice. Done.

If you are already happy with the suffix you have; go straight to Can have multiple mods and master-craft the remaining mods.

Scenario 2:
Let's say the item you regal'd had T1 "% increased physical damage" and T1 "% increased attack speed".
Now after you regal'd it, it also hit T1 "% increased critical strike chance".

You can now, either multimod and add 2 prefixes.
OR
Use an exalt orb and hope that it hit's something good. Ideal in this scenario would be a high adds # to # physical damage.

If you the exalt hit's something bad, you can still just remove the crafted mod, multimod, and craft "adds # to # physical damage" from the wheel.
Same thing if the exalt hit's something good, get rid of the crafted mod and add something you want.
You can also slam another exalt on it at this point, since you will have an open affix left somewhere.

MODS WE WANT

Prefixes:
% increased physical damage
% increased phsyical damage / # to accuracy
adds # to # to physical damage
adds # to # to cold damage
adds # to # to fire damage
adds # to # to lightning damage

Personally I prefer looking for good physical rolls. A good T1 physical roll is worth using a regal on, even if the suffix is really bad.

Here's the reason
Lets assume that we get are crafting the best claw in the game.
From the alteration, we get "170%+ increased physical damage" and something like "x mana gained on kill". Now, the mana gained on kill obviously sucks balls, but here's the thing.
If we were to hit a good "adds # to # physical damage" we suddenly have an extremely good claw. If we end up with both of those rolls on T1, we are sitting on one of the best claw in the game.
We can either just scour the suffixes, multimod, and master craft it. That would give us a claw with a minimum 400 physical dps. (which is INSANE)

But here's the thing. If we block the prefixes, we can slam 2 exalts on the claw in hopes of getting 26-27 increased attack speed. If we fail, we can just scour the suffixes and keep on trying over and over. It's going to cost a bit. But when we succeed, all of a sudden we have a claw with up to 504 physical dps. Also. This is with only 2 prefixes. We still have room to add more damage.

This is obviously like winning the lottery, but you get my line of thinking.

Getting an elemental claw with this extreme kind of DPS is impossible with only two T1 prefixes.

Suffixes
% increased attack speed
% increased critical strike chance

These are really the only good suffixes that we care about. In the best case scenario we could add "% increased critical strike multiplier" on a third place, but if we are going to use Can have multiple mods, there is only room for 2 other suffixes.

OMG thnx dude for such detailed notes ))
"
pms_techka wrote:
OMG thnx dude for such detailed notes ))

No problem.

Though I can't stress this enough. You need a lot of currency to start crafting, and there is no guarantee that you will end up with good stuff. I mainly do it because I enjoy it.

Edit:

Also, I'd like to add.. Don't do this. This is only something you can do if you feel like you have too many exalted orbs. Because this is one good way to get broke.

"
Fiver wrote:

I mean, I did manage to craft myself this claw by doing that, but that was just pure luck.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Feb 10, 2018, 1:00:50 PM
Update:

- Added Vaal Temple video
- Added Apex of Sacrifice video
- Added Chayula video

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Feb 10, 2018, 6:35:11 PM
Update:

- Added Red Elder video

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post