[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

@Fiver
I'd like to commend you for taking time to answer LegacySnow on page 112.
Its nice to see that this far into the league, after many Qs I'm sure, you're still nice and willing to help.
I, being new, found another Frost Blades assassin build I followed and have hit the wall at Lvl 88 and am disappointed that I put so much time into that disorganized [and changing] guide - am DEFINITELY NOT going to start over, but I wish I'd found yours first. I'll keep an eye out next league.
thx !!!
hey, whats with the shield nodes ?
Just a quick question about crafting a weapon. In your video you say Pdps is pretty important for scaling our damage output. I've put into PoB two claws, 1 which i could craft myself rightnow and another up for sale. The Pdps on mine is 386 and the one online is 418, but in PoB I lose damage running the 418 claw. The only difference is slightly higher added flat phys and hybrid %phys/accuracy on the 418, while mine has %ele pen and no %phys/accuracy role. Is the percentage ele pen a good role to be considered with regard to Pdps?

Edit: I even calculated with a 452 Pdps claw i found on trade and my claw with ele pen still has more dps, could PoB calculation be wrong?

Edit2: pastebin with my current build and the 2 claws for comparison https://pastebin.com/vmSdNeHF
Last edited by casualchedd on Jul 24, 2019, 10:33:44 AM
"
HighBlow wrote:

sry i just noticed the shield in POB wich is not vrey specified in gear section, since im new to this kind of build could someone pls explain the benefits of shield over 2 x weps and what would be best in slot ?
"
HighBlow wrote:
"
HighBlow wrote:

sry i just noticed the shield in POB wich is not vrey specified in gear section, since im new to this kind of build could someone pls explain the benefits of shield over 2 x weps and what would be best in slot ?

This build does a lot of damage already with only one weapon. We don't really need another weapon to do more damage. What we do need is survivability. A shield gives us life, evasion and dodge/resistances. Also, as it is explained in the guide, if we get a shaper shield with reduced mana reservation we don't need to use enlighten to have enough mana left to use our skills. The ideal shield is a rare shaper shield with high life and defensive stats (evasion, resistances) and 15% reduced mana reservation.

On another note, I found a new Lethal Pride. This one does almost 1 mil DPS according to POB:
Spoiler
20% increased Melee Damage
20% increased Physical Damage
30% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance
30% increased Melee Critical Strike Chance
5% chance to deal Double Damage
5% chance to deal Double Damage
0.4% of Attack Damage leeched as Life
Ignites you inflict deal Damage 10% faster
+58 to Strength

The seed is 17060 - Kiloava
Last edited by unignore on Jul 24, 2019, 4:59:02 PM
I picked up this build later in the league and am absolutely loving it. I finally farmed up enough currency to buy myself a good six-link and am in the process of chroming and setting up proper links on everything now (my links are all over the place right now since I haven't optimised them AT ALL yet).

I was wondering about ruthless in the sixlink. The gem only adds melee damage, so I was wondering if the fact that the projectiles effectively only get four supports is ever a problem?
Hi,

@JaymerJaymer : If you're talking about the same build I followed, you can improve it by making slight changes. I'm still in the PoB phase, but just by swaping 6 nodes in the tree, I gained 150k DPS.

Thx for the build, Fiver, I'll defintely follow it next league. Well written, lots of details, even some leveling tips, gg :).

I did an assassin version of the frostblades, but this one seems to do more damage and have more survivabillity.
Frostblade is one of the most fun ability in the game, IMO.

HF
"
casualchedd wrote:
Just a quick question about crafting a weapon. In your video you say Pdps is pretty important for scaling our damage output. I've put into PoB two claws, 1 which i could craft myself rightnow and another up for sale. The Pdps on mine is 386 and the one online is 418, but in PoB I lose damage running the 418 claw. The only difference is slightly higher added flat phys and hybrid %phys/accuracy on the 418, while mine has %ele pen and no %phys/accuracy role. Is the percentage ele pen a good role to be considered with regard to Pdps?

Edit: I even calculated with a 452 Pdps claw i found on trade and my claw with ele pen still has more dps, could PoB calculation be wrong?

Edit2: pastebin with my current build and the 2 claws for comparison https://pastebin.com/vmSdNeHF

pretty funny, yesterday i was talking to fiver and he pointed out the exact same thing. Ele pen is on a good state and PoB is not wrong.

KR
Isy
"
Limbs wrote:
I picked up this build later in the league and am absolutely loving it. I finally farmed up enough currency to buy myself a good six-link and am in the process of chroming and setting up proper links on everything now (my links are all over the place right now since I haven't optimised them AT ALL yet).

I was wondering about ruthless in the sixlink. The gem only adds melee damage, so I was wondering if the fact that the projectiles effectively only get four supports is ever a problem?

don't know if i understood your question right, maybe i answer it like this:

Prior wise you should aim for:
1.Frost Blades
1.EDWAS
1.Multi Strike

for the 4L i would go for Ancestral Call = hit more targets = faster clearspeed + higher dps (see the ancestral call screenshots at Page 1)
--> on Boss fights change it to Ruthless - u normally never use it elsewhere (maybe except Legion 5 way) (Personally i only use it on U-Atziri/U-Elder)

5L: RAGE (Hypo is theoretically stronger than Rage, but we use Berserk to melt down bosses and clear speed wise its higher valued)
6L: Hypothermia

"
HighBlow wrote:
anyone else have problems with mana sustainability while leveling ?

just rush the mana leech node in your skill tree ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info