[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Limbs wrote:

Now I just need to farm more chromatics so I can get four reds on my dex chest. XD

Yeah that part can be hard. Only good way to do it is to use 3R recipe on the crafting bench until one of the remaining 3 sockets hits a red.

Don't panic.
I die a lot in some hard content and high tier map.
Can someone check my gear? I dont know what to do now.
"
xgun wrote:
I die a lot in some hard content and high tier map.
Can someone check my gear? I dont know what to do now.

Looking at your PoB, and there's a couple of things to deal with.
And I think a lot your survivability issues may not only be about your defensive stats. Your damage can play a big part in it as well.

Skills:
You don't have any burst damage.
You should have these:
Frost Bomb
Ancestral Protector
Berserk
Vaal Haste
Vaal Ancestral Warchief

These provide an insane amount of damage, and you don't have any of them. You can use the Frost bomb in a CWDT setup if you can't find place for it on your action bars. Ancestral Protector has no cooldown, so you can throw that one up whenever you want.
The other 3 are incredibly powerful if you use them vs bigger monsters or bosses. They provide so much damage.

I would personally replace Dash with Flame Dash.
Flame dash can cross much wider gaps and obstacles, and can be used multiple times in a row before going on cooldown.

You have your CWDT setup on max level. I strongly suggest you only use a lvl 1 CWDT and a lvl 3 Immortal Call.
At lvl 20, CWDT only proccs when you've taken a total of 3272 damage.
At lvl 1 it proccs from 528.
You get about 10% extra damage reduction from a lvl 20 Immortal call versus a lvl 3, but generally using a lower level one is worth the lower reduction, since it will procc more often than a higher lvl one.

Items:

One big issue that I noticed is that your resists aren't maxed. You should always prioritize getting your resists to 75%.

You should replace your quartz flask with an Atziri's Promise. Not only does it give you a lot of damage, but it also gives you life-leech.

You can get a body armour with a lot more life than the one you have. It's actually fairly easy to make one yourself if you want to do that.
With Pristine Fossils you can get very good life rolls with % increased maximum life on them as well.
If you use Pristine Fossils together with Serrated Fossil, you also have a shot at getting "socketed gems are supported by lvl 1 maim". On an elder chest, you also have the possibility of getting "+#% to critical strike chance".
But buying one with 100+ maximum health and 10%+ increased maximum health is not that expensive. You could easily get 200+ extra life from your body armour.

You could also replace Tombfist with a pair of Shaper's Touch. Finding a pair of Shaper's Touch with +1 Frenzy charge on them, would actually give you more damage, and 180+ extra maximum life.

Changing the gloves and body armour could put you at close to 5k life.

Other than that I don't really have that much to comment on your gear. It seems pretty decent. You can always upgrade stuff, but I don't think you're in desperate need of replacing anything right now.
The claw is good, but can always be better.
You could get an Assassins Mark ring, and not have to worry about cursing stuff.

Passive tree:
I would get rid of master of force, and instead take depth perception. Not only would this give you more damage, it would also take your hit chance from 95% to 99%. And I don't know what bonus you're getting from your Lethal Pride, but that one doesn't reach master of force.

Other than that, I don't have anything to comment on your Passive Tree. It looks good.

I hope this helps some. :)

Don't panic.
Guide Updated

2019-07-28:
- Added Vaal Ancestral Warchief to the DMG boost section.

Don't panic.
Fiver, have you considered using Enhance Support? If we use a level 4 Enhance on Blood Rage and Berserk it adds 6% attack speed and 24% attack damage. That increases our burst damage but doesn't require another active skill.
Last edited by unignore on Jul 28, 2019, 1:28:30 PM
"
unignore wrote:
Fiver, have you considered using Enhance Support? If we use a level 4 Enhance on Blood Rage and Berserk it adds 6% attack speed and 24% attack damage. That increases our burst damage but doesn't require another active skill.

Never considered it. If you can fit the gems then that's a good idea!

Don't panic.
Hi, I have a question, why there are gems that you don't max level them? like Ice golem, it is level 3.
I'm new in the game sorry u.u
hello very new to the game and following this build guide.. I just want to know if there's like a budget version for the gear for noobs like me? I only have about 28c so far and my first ever char to reach lvl 50+ (been rerolling hella til i tried this build)

also do i use hatred and herald of ice at the same time? i barely have any mana left when i do so.. so i just use herald of ice for now..
Last edited by Eyepatchouli on Jul 28, 2019, 6:53:57 PM
"
HitFirst wrote:
Hi, I have a question, why there are gems that you don't max level them? like Ice golem, it is level 3.
I'm new in the game sorry u.u

There are a few reasons why I don't level all gems fully.

Ice golem is linked with the support gem "cast when damage taken" (or CWDT).
I only use a level 1 CWDT, because it triggers more often that way. But it can only trigger gems with a level requirement lower than 38.
If I level up Ice Golem higher than lvl 3, it won't trigger from the CWDT.

There are other gems (like frost bomb) that I don't level for another reason. Simply because as they get higher they require higher attributes to be used. Blue gems require Intelligence, Red require Strength, Green require Dexterity.
This build doesn't get a lot of Intelligence, so some skills can't be leveled the entire way up to 20, unless we get more Intelligence (which isn't a priority).

Don't panic.
"
Eyepatchouli wrote:
hello very new to the game and following this build guide.. I just want to know if there's like a budget version for the gear for noobs like me? I only have about 28c so far and my first ever char to reach lvl 50+ (been rerolling hella til i tried this build)

also do i use hatred and herald of ice at the same time? i barely have any mana left when i do so.. so i just use herald of ice for now..

There are always budget options. Use the claw Bloodseeker until you can find a good rare claw. On the other stuff, just try to find gear with good maximum life until you can afford the expensive stuff (like pandemonius). But most items in the build are fairly cheap.

Bloodseeker(claw) is cheap. (1+ chaos)
Darkray Vectors(boots) are cheap. (1+ alch)
Shaper's Touch(gloves) are cheap. (1+ chaos. 8~ chaos if you want one with frenzy charge corruption)
Starkonja's(helm) is also very cheap. (1+ chaos)
The Fight For Survival(jewels) are also cheap. (1+ chaos)
Atziri's Promise(flask) is cheap. (1+ chaos)
Mark of the Elder(unique ring) is cheap. (5+ chaos)
And any shaped ring will work together with it to get the bonus +#% increased damage.

Lion's Roar(flask) is affordable. (6+ chaos)
Taste of Hate(flask) is affordable. (22+ chaos)
Lethal Pride(jewel) is affordable. (16+ chaos)
Getting one with a good seed is a lottery though.

Pandemonius is expensive. (2.2+ exalted)
Watcher's Eye is expensive. (4+ exalted)
This depends a lot on what mods you have on it though.

So most of the items are very affordable.
The only really expensive unique item that is required(or strongly recommended) for the build is The Pandemonius. And the build still works fine without it.
Getting a good body armour and rare claw will be the most expensive part of the build.
Contact me in game and I'll try to hook you up with something.

Also, please note that the build doesn't really start to perform until level 70+.

But please feel free to add me in game, and I'll help you out any way I can. I'm gonna be honest, this isn't a build I would recommend to someone who is new to the game, but I will do everything I can to make it a good experience for you. :)

@fiver in game, and you'll get to me.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info