Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!

"
MackBesmirch wrote:
Love this; thanks, GGG!

As for the "can't this be added to existing tabs" folks, consider the players who collect them and sell them or save them up and do a bunch of runs. Not everyone uses them as they obtain them.

And the Currency, Map, & Essence tabs are a good value. 5000 in each stack? A Quad tab is twice the price of a Currency tab. You'd need 9 Quad Tabs to equal the slots of just one 5000 unit stack of currency. Yeah, yeah, but one does not buy a Quad tab for CURRENCY, duh... I bring it up though, as those of us who have been playing since Open Beta remember what it was like trying to save currency in conventional stash slots -- the Currency Tab is definitely worth 75 points if not more.

If you don't like it, don't buy it -- play the game for free. But some of us who love the game and also support it appreciate reasonably balanced choices in how we spend our money. I like that fragments are thematically separate from regular currency and maps. And considering how grindy ARPGs are as a genre, and the fact that Chris said in the video that the fragment tab would be expanded to include any new fragments in the future... I think this is a nice thing to offer us and a fair value compared to the existing tabs. Remember, the Currency Tab was smaller when it first launched and now has been expanded twice with no additional charge to those of us who bought it early on.

One comment said it's "greedy" of GGG to make a fragment stash tab... Hey, now, turn that around. I think it's "greedy" a player wants to play a free game and yet also get all those bulk fragment slots crammed into an already crowded currency tab. Well... Greedy or Cheap. How many hours have you spent in this game? Ever pay $80 for a game whose playtime is only 40 hours? This game is FREE to play. Consider how much time you've spent in PoE and think about how that compares to how much you have financially supported it. Offering us something OPTIONAL that is NEW to purchase is not "greed" ... it is staying in business. Get over yourself.

My only gripe and request of the Fragment Tab, however, would be to make the Breach fragments 5000 and allow us to upgrade them to Breachstones 100 at a time... like how in the Essence Tab you can have 100 of one tier and get to decide when and how many times you do the 3-at-a-time upgrade.

I don't see how you can think GGG separating the MAP FRAGMENTS is doing as a favor and could be seen as anything but greedy there is literally no world in which these should not have been a part of the map tab, as for the first point you make how would having this in the map tab effect there ability to sell them? as for your price point this should have been 50 considering this is a blatant double dip of the map tab, which i think is more then fair to call this a blatant double dip cash grab since all the items in here are used in a map device aside from the goddess tokens which should be in the currency tab.
That's just greedy. It should've been in the map stash tab.
fragment should be included in map tab lol

its like EA games now eh?

███۞████ಠ益ಠ██ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤... Get ze Panzer and ze flammenwerfer - kentpachi
Last edited by kentpachi on Jan 25, 2018, 8:34:37 PM
HERE we go FOLKS!!! GGG wants your MONEY so give it all to them NOW!! KEEP making them tabs, milking players out of their money.
Imagine how amazing the map tab would have been if this was another button on it next to the unique maps.
"

Not for nothing, but no one is forcing anyone to buy anything.

It has been said plenty of times, but PoE is a free game. You can complete all the content without paying a cent. That, added with the fact this isn't a 'pay-to-win' game (which I truly appreciate), is pretty impressive this day-in-age.

Please remember that these are optional upgrades, some being purely cosmetic (xmog) while others are Quality of Life (stash tab upgrades, char slots).

Yes, you might be able to finish all content without paying a cent, but you will never match the top players without paying for additional stash tabs. Thinking about the amount of items I have, I could have never fitted them into the 4 basic stash tabs that are given to you in the beginning.

When a game rewards a player (not in a purely cosmetic way) and tips the scale to those who pay, that's a pay-2-win game.
We did not sign-up for such a thing.

Now it's true that no one is forcing you to purchase anything, but I have spent thousands of dollars (even when I didn't really have the money) because I BELIEVED in this company, believed in this game, believed in their way, and I am now getting slapped in the face.. Really hard.

I can technically only handle with 4 tabs, but come on. You know it is definitely not the same, and players who pay get an obvious advantage. If I do not keep purchasing those "optional" upgrades, I will be left behind. I was promised a certain mantra when GGG introduced us this game, and that mantra is now crumbling slowly. A shame to see this day.
whilst i agree this seems predatory in nature,with some spare points its not terrible for 75 pts. a
dedicated tab(s) for said fragments has always pressured players across multiple patches. With new players getting 4 free tabs is nice, its also telling that the more stuff they add into this game the more stash upgrades are present (duh).

It constraints players to purchase more tabs. This was requested as far back as SOTV if i remember correctly (no sauce sry). What i thought and still believe was Essence (league and tab) and mystery boxes were more of a cash grab than this by large.

Ultimately its up to player discretion to see the value of this product. Personally ill be buying one because i see the potential in having this available to me. To parrot what i've been saying this isn't a rich man's product by any stretch. Anybody can scoff up 75 pts (its about the price of a sandwich here in US).

I don't believe outrage is necessary.
Last edited by Imptropy on Jan 25, 2018, 8:38:24 PM
If only there was already some kind of tab for things that go in a map device...
P.S. Offerings to the Goddess are not even fragmented.
Criticism aside, thanks GGG.
"
Krazlam wrote:
It's funny how everyone says it should have been part of the map or currency stash tab, but give little to no reasoning to why.

Some people stated it just makes sense, it's more consistent, or because they're maps. But they aren't. Maps are a specific type of item that you may augment in order to manipulate your next encounter or dungeon. Fragments lead to specific predetermined encounters that you cannot augment in any way (Though, it would be insane to sextant shaper's realm or fight a corrupted version of uber atziri).

They're not currencies either, since currencies in this game have innate crafting properties, which fragments do not.

Arguably, Offering to the Goddess and Divine Vessels don't fit in the "fragments" theme in any way, but I'm not one to complain about extra stuff in my favor.

EXACTLY.

Also, watch the video, people. Chris said the tab will be upgraded to include new fragments as the game evolves. Look at the existing fragments... each set comes from a league or expansion. Remember the Currency tab when it first came out? Five ad-hoc slots. Now we have 14 and a bunch of other stuff. Myopic griping lacking thoughtful argument. Over an optional $7.50 USD. Netflix costs more than that per month, people. We're talking a McDonalds lunch here. Public Parking in major cities costs more than that. Seeing a movie in the cinema costs more than that. Buying the large Popcorn at the cinema costs more than that. OMG, listen to yourselves.
Wah! My map tab only saves me dozens of tabs worth of space and I want it to save a dozen more. Wah!

Cry me a river.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info