[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

"
bawwb wrote:
Gonna try this build, using frostblades for clearing and molten strike for single dps. I have a couple opal rings with 50%+ edwa stats and good life&res rolls. Would you still recommend getting couple of good Diamond rings over the Opal rings? Have about 20ex+ to spend around and looks like the build will be fun to play! Got a bisco's but looks like the xoph's blood is a pretty big dps boost.

Btw why would you use Ancestral Call over something like Conc Effect when doing bosses?

Opals are fine I just recommend Diamonds because they get you over 40% crit on tooltip and they're a bit cheaper. Biscos is still fine for clearing maps, but for bosses yeah it adds a ton of damage.

If you attack the floor with Ancestral Call + Molten Strike or any attack with a secondary effect, it creates magma balls where you're attacking and on the boss so it's like double to triple the damage any support gem can give you. I still use a weapon swap with Conc Effect though because I do more than enough damage to kill most bosses in two seconds and it's kind of annoying attacking near them especially if they move around a lot.
can this kill Atziri as I am failing.ty
"
FlowerPot wrote:
can this kill Atziri as I am failing.ty

This can kill normal and uber Atziri as long as you dodge her attacks. 90% of builds aren't able to tank her attacks.
Hey, love the build been using it for a few weeks now. Any chance you will be updating the guide anytime soon? I noticed you were using Blood of Karui in your mapping video, Should I be using that instead of Seething Divine of Staunching? I'm assuming you use the concentrated effect Oni for boss fights, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I was wondering what you thought about my current set-up. What needs upgrading the most etc?

Here is my gear:
Last edited by Krembluk on Feb 4, 2018, 6:00:37 PM
"
Krembluk wrote:
Hey, love the build been using it for a few weeks now. Any chance you will be updating the guide anytime soon? I noticed you were using Blood of Karui in your mapping video, Should I be using that instead of Seething Divine of Staunching? I'm assuming you use the concentrated effect Oni for boss fights, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I was wondering what you thought about my current set-up. What needs upgrading the most etc?

Here is my gear:

Thanks man, glad you like the build. I've been wanting to add more stuff but I feel like I've gone through most of it. Is there anything else you have questions about or ideas on what I should add?

Blood of the Karui is a skin transfer, I happened to get my hands on one and just always liked the way it looked. You can use a Saturated, Sapping or anything really if you want but Seething is just my personal preference - and yes, I use a weapon swap with conc effect.

For your gear, overall it looks great. Your rings should have crafted phys on them instead because it gets scaled by all your phys nodes on the tree and then gets all converted to fire anyways. I plugged your character into PoB and a crafted phys roll on one of your rings gives a little bit more DPS than a crafted fire roll. Also the Anger roll on your Watcher's Eye isn't doing anything because you already have a Xoph's Blood. You need the fire pen one or phys as extra fire one.
If anyone's looking to try out this build, PLEASE DO!!!

I started this league couple weeks ago, a bit late, and got a pure map-farming wander, it was super fast but had a bit lack of life and since it was solely built for farming maps, it was a bit weak against T14+ bosses. After making some currency, I decided to make a single DPS char and a boss farmer. Back in Legacy League, I tried MS with the brutus lead sprinkler, the single DPS was amazing, but the mapping was such a pain, even with MS switched to sunder.

But for this build, I've been farming T10+ maps, the mapping speed really took me by surprise with Ancestral call. At first, I though I would have to use FrostBlades to clear maps. But with Ancestral Call + Molten Strike and all the Attack Speed, all I needed to do was to whirl blade into a mob and attack a couple times and move on to the next mob. It absolutely feels great to farm the maps with. I'm not saying it's fast like a wander or anything, but it definitely feels faster than most melee builds I've tried.

Plus, the leveling was a breeze since you can get Oni + MS + Ancestral Call at the start. I only started the build yesterday and am currently at 75. At lvl 75, I've 6k hp and more than enough dmg to do T10+ maps and bosses.
"
bawwb wrote:
If anyone's looking to try out this build, PLEASE DO!!!

I started this league couple weeks ago, a bit late, and got a pure map-farming wander, it was super fast but had a bit lack of life and since it was solely built for farming maps, it was a bit weak against T14+ bosses. After making some currency, I decided to make a single DPS char and a boss farmer. Back in Legacy League, I tried MS with the brutus lead sprinkler, the single DPS was amazing, but the mapping was such a pain, even with MS switched to sunder.

But for this build, I've been farming T10+ maps, the mapping speed really took me by surprise with Ancestral call. At first, I though I would have to use FrostBlades to clear maps. But with Ancestral Call + Molten Strike and all the Attack Speed, all I needed to do was to whirl blade into a mob and attack a couple times and move on to the next mob. It absolutely feels great to farm the maps with. I'm not saying it's fast like a wander or anything, but it definitely feels faster than most melee builds I've tried.

Plus, the leveling was a breeze since you can get Oni + MS + Ancestral Call at the start. I only started the build yesterday and am currently at 75. At lvl 75, I've 6k hp and more than enough dmg to do T10+ maps and bosses.

Glad you like the build, and I 100% relate with everything you said. I pretty much made this build to be a boss killer but didn't expect Ancestral Call to be so good for clearing. Thanks for the recommendation!
"
Thanks man, glad you like the build. I've been wanting to add more stuff but I feel like I've gone through most of it. Is there anything else you have questions about or ideas on what I should add?

Blood of the Karui is a skin transfer, I happened to get my hands on one and just always liked the way it looked. You can use a Saturated, Sapping or anything really if you want but Seething is just my personal preference - and yes, I use a weapon swap with conc effect.

For your gear, overall it looks great. Your rings should have crafted phys on them instead because it gets scaled by all your phys nodes on the tree and then gets all converted to fire anyways. I plugged your character into PoB and a crafted phys roll on one of your rings gives a little bit more DPS than a crafted fire roll. Also the Anger roll on your Watcher's Eye isn't doing anything because you already have a Xoph's Blood. You need the fire pen one or phys as extra fire one.

Changed my rings up and added flat physical to them. Also got a really lucky divine roll on my ruby sun making it 1% off perfect. Finally got my Watcher's eye to the fire pen one. Can't really afford the helm enchant yet. Do you think I could have a better Abyss jewel if so what would the stat priority be on it?

Anyway, love your guide and hope this build works for 3.2 because I will be running it again.

My updated gear:
Last edited by Krembluk on Feb 6, 2018, 2:28:03 PM
"
Krembluk wrote:
Changed my rings up and added flat physical to them. Also got a really lucky divine roll on my ruby sun making it 1% off perfect. Finally got my Watcher's eye to the fire pen one. Can't really afford the helm enchant yet. Do you think I could have a better Abyss jewel if so what would the stat priority be on it?

Anyway, love your guide and hope this build works for 3.2 because I will be running it again.

My updated gear:

I think onslaught on kill is a really good mod to get on abyss jewels since we can't get it anywhere else other than a silver flask or other inefficient ways. Blind on hit is really good too, bosses get hit with so much magma balls that it's basically 100% to blind. Multi is a good option too since we can't get that much from the tree and our amulet has to be Xoph's.

I'll probably do this build again too. I'll try to test out new things and maybe add some of the new uniques in 3.2 if I feel like they would be a good fit. I'll update the guide on everything I try.
I like the build a lot, it's really squishy for me though. I know I need more life, but I'm not sure if that's all I'm missing. I don't have a lot of the items linked and socketed fully from changing items around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info