[3.3]♥ Low Life Poet's Volatile Dead ♥ All Content Down + Videos [Inquisitor]

I use body swap, but it doesn't work unless it is in main hand. Is it okay if I put VD in off hand?
Hey! I'm so confused right now.. How do you manage to run all those auras? i can only sustain Anger (97% of my Health pool) PoF, Herald of Ash & discipline for my mana.. i had to buy a Vertex mask (which i have my Anger and Enlighten socketed) and a enlighten gem to even be able to manage that. What am i doing wrong? (First time as a lowlife char..) Playing the Occulist build btw. Otherwise it seems pretty solid, having a blast bursting through the content.
I have huge problem with dex and u pick 0 dex notes ... how u sustain that ?
Hi, I've finally played this build till the end game and made many changes to it to fit the different playstyles of volatile dead. I managed to take shaper really easily deathless. I also tried the Inquisitor build last league and here are my conclusions :

For the Occultist build , I ran triple curse by adding Whispers of Doom on the Skill tree , running warlord's mark on my ring, and a dual curse on hit with Assassin's mark and Ele weakness. Assassins mark was for more reliable power charge sustain during mapping and some good flat leech, but if i'm not wrong a flammability works better against bosses. Still, having more reliable crit doesn't sound bad. I think the biggest pull of the Occultist build is that the helm enchant on an es base is MUCH cheaper than one on Starkonja's (maybe 4 ex vs 8ex, i got mine for 3 ex) , and it's actually affordable. I am running herald of ash + discipline on life with level 2 enlighten, and anger + haste on mana. Haste makes it possible for me to hit the attack speed / cooldown sweet spot without investing in attack speed on the tree. Downside of this build is that I cant use bodyswap or there will be no reliable power charge generation against bosses. I added my own flame dash + inc duration + arcane surge 3 link for slightly more mobility across gaps and that nice mana regeneration + spell damage. Dropped pure talent and didn't path to shadow/templar start and was able to use those skill points for whispers of doom and some more jewel slots. Focuses on getting ES on jewels with crit multi and managed to hit 7k es which doesnt let me die so much instead of 6k es if i did not invest in this. you can also use jewel sockets to cap out the attack speed that you lack. I dropped the whole consecrated ground concept with gifts from above because i didnt find that it was saving me much and instead used that ring slot for a curse on hit warlord's mark ring.

As for the dex hungry gem requirements, you absolutely NEED dex on jewelry somehow, even at the expense of bonus spell damage. warlord's mark curse on hit ring really solves a lot of leech problems and having those endurance charges really helps with immortal call procs. If you only have a 5 link shavs you can probably drop the asn mark and use those skill points for another jewel socket or that fire damage cluster above.

Current plan is when i hit level 91 i will respec the spell damage nodes and use the 4 skill points to path to the ES notable below witch / above scion.

If this is not your first character, it's really advisable to get a L 21 Volatile dead gem early when you hit 71 because it makes leveling to 90 so much easier.

Personally i prefer the occultist version probably because i just love the concept of low life builds and being es based. It is undeniable that half of the Occultist's ascendancy is useless for bosses such as the gain es regen on kill / chaos damage on kill but the stun immunity with curse effectiveness is oh so value. Having 25% curse effectiveness on 3 curses seems really good. I believe templar's overall DPS is higher because you can hit 0.20sec cooldown with cdr on shoes, whereas if you try that on this build you can't do without that dex and flat es on sin trek.

One point to note that not running bodyswap effectively doubles your DPS ( i believe) because you cast VD every attack instead of every 2 attacks.

with bodyswap
So first attack, wand 1 casts VD on nothing, wand 2 casts unearth with 5 corpses.
second attack, wand 1 cast VD on 4 corpses, wand 2 casts bodyswap on the last corpse.
third attack, wand 1 casts VD on nothing, wand 2 casts unearth with 5 corpses... and so on.so VD only works every second attack.

whereas without bodyswap,
first attack , wand 1 casts VD on nothing , wand 2 casts unearth with 5 corpses.
second attack, wand 1 casts VD on 4 corpses, wand 2 casts unearth with 5 corpses again.
third attack, wand 1 casts VD on 4 corpses, wand 2 casts unearth with 5 corpses.

This is what i believe happens, but please correct me if i am wrong.

So if you are fine with using gem swaps every boss fight, you can use bodyswap to map faster and either remove it or swap with a pcoc.

Spoiler

Enchant on boots is pretty shit but can't be bothered to farm lab for a decent one.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAVCBx4Jqg5ID8QQWBEPES8RUBGWFX4WQBcvGGoagRslHRQdTx8YIG4pTyoLKwosnC0fNbk5UjsNO3w8BUGWQnpJUUmxS65Ms1AwUXRR-1RHVdZXlFgHXGtcil3yX2pk52ZUZp5tGXBSenB713zwfll_xoCkgpuESIV7hX2HZYnTjDaMdo5kj0aP-pEHknSTJ5UglS6aO5uhnjyf36EvoqOmmaa-pyusmK6ztvq3MbjKuZO7_L6KwGbAmsHzwwnDbcb3zRbQ0ND11abXz9lb2fzbXt-K6QLr9ew473zviO_r8NXyHfem99f5N_rS?accountName=FortuneDayss&characterName=SaperSanic

I hope this solves the problem of some people here since i struggled with this build at the earlier levels as well, but it really shines in the late game as with all LL builds.
Hi i'm newbie at this game and i tried this build.
I'm atm lvl 46 and it goes pretty well.

I just wanna ask a thing :

1) I see that you pick the Pain attunment node, but if i check your profile i dont see that you take Chaos innoculation nod (but there is a bug in the passiv skill tree cause there is 19 points left). So is it possible to get low life buff without CI ?

Edit : Ok that was a stupid question, you get it with the Life reservation due to Blood magic !
I learn everyday, sorry :)

If i did good understand, you take the ghost reaver and you have to get life leech with stuff, or with the anger jewel (which is pretty expensive). Cause there is no nodes with life leech around.

Thank you for your answer and for the build.
Last edited by Aarilia on Mar 21, 2018, 6:36:28 AM
Hey everyone, this leagues been pretty boring for me. I'm spending most of my time drawing instead of playing so here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/XEd4kX43
If you follow that you should be fine, its just slight alterations from the build guide.

Will be back for 3.3 with a uber elder kill hopefully!
Last edited by illyaink on Mar 21, 2018, 6:52:09 AM
how many auras do you have active normally
Do you have a link to a guide for an Occultist version of this?
Don't have the budget to run it as Inquisitor atm. Cheers!
"
zankioh wrote:
Do you have a link to a guide for an Occultist version of this?
Don't have the budget to run it as Inquisitor atm. Cheers!

A few posts ago the PoB for the Occultist was posted. I would suggest to look also at FortuneDayss Character(SaperSanic) and mine Character(The_Real_Poet). FortuneDayss post also gives some recommendation into what can be changed etc. I can recommend the elder ring with Warlord's Mark cause this one boosts survivability alot. Mine is far from being optimised btw... but i hadnt any damage problem while doing my shaper kill yesterday. Besides that all information you need is in the main post.
This question was posted many times, but I still have some issues with auras.
Can someone explain real working aura setup for occ?
I have lvl 2 enlighten(with vertex lets assume it is lvl 3). Which auras I should run?
I have real problems running discipline with blood magic, I can't use other auras on health with discipline turned on(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info