State of Cyclone

Those gloves are only good for physical cyclone. Really its a trash killing unique for clear speed. When you already kill stuff as you pass through them, adding the gloves does nothing for you. Definitely wont be doing any good bleed damage after the bleed nerfs.

A lot of people saying cyclone has been buffed more than nerfed, simply because they go to wiki and look at direct changes to cyclone. There are many indirect nerfs as well. Most importantly AoE stacking nerfs. To the point where I can throw in increased AoE and not notice any difference in size despite it apparently giving +3 AoE range at 20. If thats all Im going to get Its better to use 2 +2 corrupted claws or something for me. The new maps and changes to what maps are what tier also negatively impact cyclone clear speeds. We now have a lot of open maps, something cyclone cant clear quickly.

As for cyclone effective dps, its entirely based on movement speed. How fast you get to your targeted location has a huge impact on effective dps over time. This is what makes the difference between doing mediocre damage and decent damage on a boss. Killing a boss with and without using quicksilvers with double movement speed for example have drasticly different results. If the movement speed penalty was removed cyclone would be the best melee skill in the game. If it got the channeling tag like it should, it could use cast while channeling.

People say cyclone has slow clear speed because most of the time it does, unless your a raider. Have you played say cospris discharge which can shield charge through an entire map and everything instantly dies? What about a tornado shot build which is equally as fast but is even better at boss killing. 1m + dps and ranged, kind of hard to compete with that. What about any elemental damage skill on inquisitor. They get insane elemental damage and now have no drawbacks towards keeping a low ele damage cause reflect is gone and no one will ever run a reflect rolled map again. Even a trash skill like elemental hit can be scaled to have insane dps for clearing trash mobs and outclear cyclone. These days its not even worth it to kill bosses unless you want to fill atlas. Once you get a corner set up nicely with sextants you can farm all the currency you want for a better build later.

Cyclone is descent, probably one of the best melee skills. But, its slow compared to a significant amount of other builds.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
It’s nice to have DoT to finish off stragglers. With Ngamahu’s you pop in a chance to ignite to get burn off MB. It actually helps a lot. For physically you opt for the bleed and aoe. I would t say they are the linchpins of their respective builds but they are worth more than you claim.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
It’s nice to have DoT to finish off stragglers. With Ngamahu’s you pop in a chance to ignite to get burn off MB. It actually helps a lot. For physically you opt for the bleed and aoe. I would t say they are the linchpins of their respective builds but they are worth more than you claim.

According to POB one of my standard cycloners only gets a few k bleed with those gloves. Maybe your guy has more investment in bleed to make it better or a support to boost bleed dmg. Most pf bleeds DOT damage only happens when enemies are moving which weakens its viability when you are just spinning back and forth through them, assuming they live longer than one pass through to begin with. If your cursor is right under your character the entire time like it should be a single target you are trying to burst down will never move unless it uses a ranged skill, like some of the abyss mobs that run away every few seconds.

Last edited by Jgizle on Jan 10, 2018, 10:01:59 PM
I'm running elemental so I rely on burn which actually does quite a bit of damage considering it's mechanics and how hard cyclone can hit with a single pass. It also scales way higher. I've put together a physical variant but never used Haemophilia's so can't really attest to them. But trash, even in a T16, melts very quickly. You could sweep a map clean with a 2L once you push your build near it's full potential. The only thing to scale for at that point are the big boss fights.

I've played hella tired before and forgot to swap weapons, using two Haku axes (the offhand doesn't scale as the hits alternate) without anything on them outside the 6% quality to gems and have cleared a good chunk of a T12 before realizing (oops). That's a 500% drop in dps. I obviously felt something was off but it didn't take 30m to clear the content. So even a bit of DoT actually goes a long way you'd be surprised.

For elemental, Molten Bursts have AoE and the burn takes care of any stragglers. For physical, the explosions from Haemophilia work very much the same way, with bleed working as the burn does.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Jgizle wrote:

As for cyclone effective dps, its entirely based on movement speed. How fast you get to your targeted location has a huge impact on effective dps over time. This is what makes the difference between doing mediocre damage and decent damage on a boss. Killing a boss with and without using quicksilvers with double movement speed for example have drasticly different results.

I don't get this statement. The actual DPS is entirely based on your attackspeed, so as long as you are actually on the boss it doesn't matter if you pass through him 10 or 20 times until he is dead.

As long as you dont have to avoid any mechanic, there isnt a reason to use a quicksilver flask on a boss.
"
Player089 wrote:
"
Jgizle wrote:

As for cyclone effective dps, its entirely based on movement speed. How fast you get to your targeted location has a huge impact on effective dps over time. This is what makes the difference between doing mediocre damage and decent damage on a boss. Killing a boss with and without using quicksilvers with double movement speed for example have drasticly different results.

I don't get this statement. The actual DPS is entirely based on your attackspeed, so as long as you are actually on the boss it doesn't matter if you pass through him 10 or 20 times until he is dead.

As long as you dont have to avoid any mechanic, there isnt a reason to use a quicksilver flask on a boss.

Not true, test it yourself.

"
Jgizle wrote:

Not true, test it yourself.

According to the wiki it is the way I said it.
But I am open to asking this in the mechanical questions thread and have someone that actually saw the underlying code respond to it.

I'm not for "feeling" the difference by "testing" it - without actual numbers it's just too subjective.
Cyclone is still tier1 skill, there are far too many other melee skills that need attention before cyclone.

You also don't mention the fixed pathing of the skill, which greatly improves it and avoid a few infuriating death scenarios.
Personally I think it should be reworked as a channeling skill, but outside to that there's no need for other buffs.
Last edited by ire_of_desire2 on Jan 11, 2018, 6:58:27 AM
Cyclone feel like ironman's man stuck in rock when spin.

https://youtu.be/zM7E4a8bGlQ?t=1m19s

If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Last edited by Ukanta on Jan 11, 2018, 8:31:32 AM
Doing a Debeon's Dirge cyclone slayer with avatar of fire, its realy good and cheap to get started. love cycloning atm, would recomend my build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info