State of Cyclone

"
Ukanta wrote:
Oni cyclone is fun. I know its 1h, and I run it with con effect too.

I am doing this next, can't wait.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Make Cyclone great again! :3

And while at it, buff RT and Fortify dmg increase.

Ty GGG!
yeah RT vs crit the latter will always win because RT takes out your scaling of damage. Sure it's still viable like I've done everything but not as fast as a crit version.

Give it a bone basically.

As for the fortify thing I think that's a disgrace I personally find it stupid, the concept it self mind you.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 9, 2018, 10:32:56 PM
"
"
Player089 wrote:
Obviously cyclone is meh for killing shaper and other tanky bosses, clearly not the intent of the skill

Never played cyclone a day in his life.

But did watch Alkaiser

^_^
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'm playing a phy based cyclone char for HC league and its not nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. Actually if you build your char right cyclone speed is insanely fast and you're extremely durable, tons of DPS too.

You won't be the fastest clearer or best boss killer but Cyclone is all around a very solid skill that gets the job done.

Get a bunch of attack speed for leap slam, leap slam from pack to pack and cyclone in short burts, try to run with +3 range and you're good to go.
Last edited by trystan140 on Jan 9, 2018, 11:46:50 PM
"
yeah RT vs crit the latter will always win because RT takes out your scaling of damage. Sure it's still viable like I've done everything but not as fast as a crit version.
thats actually a fairly bothersome underlying issue with poe's endgame progression.

there are fairly limited ways to scale things so thats why something like crit and something that can be scaled further and further with no diminishing returns (ie, double dipping) are usually the most popular ways to scale.

RT has a very concrete floor but it also has a fairly concrete ceiling with plenty of downsides.

at this point I dont think its a huge issue thi, just like you said you erased endgame with cyclone anyway, almost anything is good enough... so its not such a huge issue.
What? It is a VERY huge issue if things can do it much faster to a degree why the fuck can't RT do it?

Anything crit / spell based shits on RT by far with the best items in the game etc RT will always lose in terms of DPS.

Regardless of outcome.

RT has no scaling that's an issue EVERYTHING CRIT DOES hell even elemental overload beats the shit out of RT. ''Balance'' right? Yeah fuck that is basically what you just told me just because I can do everything doesn't mean it can't use an improvement.

While my crew is 2-3 shotting things as a crit based anything with infinite scaling I can't fucking do that that's upsetting to me I wanna be able to do that with any build that I do that includes some dogshit melee right now.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 10, 2018, 2:25:41 AM
funny how youre championing balance now. looking fierce exile - I like it.

my point was that you at least can do all content in the game with RT. it used to be you couldnt even do that and crit was the end of all (at around the masters expansion we were reaching critical mass)

it was a huge issue back then and we didnt have stat stacking/eo and other means of scaling so it was go crit or go home. now we have more options.

I agree with you that a lot of options arent balanced and I definitely agree with RT being behind the curve.
Watch your tongue -.= I'm still me!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Watch your tongue -.= I'm still me!
That was a compliment tho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info