State of Cyclone

"
Completed 12 Challenges_Tiem wrote:

Never played cyclone a day in his life.


If you think that cylcone is amongst the best boss-killing skills then you are just bad. If you read the rest of my post you would have seen me talking about how it's actually quite good if built for boss-killing.
Which gives the entire context of the statement: Alkaizers build was not good at shaper-killing. Because it wasn't built for it. Which is why I said this, as I was asked to show how he killed shaper with it.

I don't know why I have to type this out, if you actually read things before insulting we would not be here.
[Removed by Support]



"
Completed 40 ChallengesI_NO wrote:

But did watch Alkaiser
^_^


I like how you don't even realise that supporting this guys point goes against everything you were claiming in this thread.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Nick_GGG on Jan 10, 2018 6:27:16 AM
"
Completed 7 ChallengesPlayer089 wrote:


If you think that cylcone is amongst the best boss-killing skills then you are just bad. If you read the rest of my post you would have seen me talking about how it's actually quite good if built for boss-killing.
Which gives the entire context of the statement: Alkaizers build was not good at shaper-killing. Because it wasn't built for it. Which is why I said this, as I was asked to show how he killed shaper with it.

I don't know why I have to type this out, if you actually read things before insulting we would not be here.
[Removed by Support]


It’s not an insult it’s a fact. And since you actually haven’t ever played Cyclone, your entire existence in this thread (including your puzzling need to argue with everyone) comical and sad. You are by definition a know-nothing-know-it-all.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Completed 12 Challenges_Tiem wrote:

It’s not an insult it’s a fact. And since you actually haven’t ever played Cyclone, your entire existence in this thread (including your puzzling need to argue with everyone) comical and sad. You are by definition a know-nothing-know-it-all.


How is it a fact? How can you even claim that it is a fact if you don't even have anything remotely close to a proof?
Obviously I have played the skill and no matter how often you are going to state that i haven't, it wont make it a fact.
What kind of stupid way of arguing is this? You are just claiming someone with an opposing opinion on a skill has not played it, great.
Let me be you real quick: Yo, you havent even played cyclone you scrub, you haven't even played PoE at all, you are clueless.

How can anyone above the mental age of 12 think that this is possibly a productive way of arguing??

"
Completed 12 Challenges_Tiem wrote:

(including your puzzling need to argue with everyone)


You are telling me that my need to argue with you, after you have claimed something about me that is untrue and called me out on a statement of mine, is puzzeling? Are you mentally challenged?

You have not provided a single argument so far. All you have done is putting up claims. Where is your argument? Why is cylcone very good for single target? Why is it not better at clearing maps than it is at killing end game bosses?
I've always considered cyclone as an efficient and reliable boss killer skill. It actually performs better versus single targets, rather than packs. It's related to the mechanics of the skill.
It also allows consistent leeching, something pretty important while doing bosses.

The major downside of cyclone is it can't compete with the fast clear meta builds.
Also the "channeling" nature of the skill can put you into trouble now and then.

If one can live with its downsides, skill is reliable and easy/cheap to build around.

My personal gripe with cyclone is the gameplay - feels a bit dull and boring. But it's unrelated to the power of the skill.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
I feel like alot of these posts are very exaggerated. Most submissions on the forums are extremely exaggerated in general. I watched the video of the dude thats doing cyclone and his build looks just as fast if not slower than mine and I personally don't feel super fast in general for clearing. I don't know what the definition for "fast" is anyways to most people but I've seen people clear maps in 1-2 minutes as an example and I might take 3 minutes tops but my build would be considered slow to most.

Honestly the most important thing is if,
1. you're having fun
2. if what you're doing suits you as a player.
People just need to stop comparing everything they do with everyone else and be happy. I've had a blast with playing and normally I would of made another build by now if not a 3rd. For the first time I really want to max out my character, and the process has been enjoyable for me. As I stated earlier on this discussion I never played cyclone before 3.1, so I cant really compare how it was before but I've played almost any other melee skill so far in the game though and I feel cyclone is at a very good place. Yes I could kill shaper faster going crit, or using some of the "better" melee skills but cyclone in my humble opinion is not THAT bad. Cyclone has it's place and that's moving while attacking, and thats what I really love about it. Lastly just got Daresso's Salute yesterday from a random exile I killed, so I been having fun with that today.
"
I don't know what the definition for "fast" is anyways to most people but I've seen people clear maps in 1-2 minutes as an example and I might take 3 minutes tops but my build would be considered slow to most.


Literally a blur. Most PoE players basically farm T10 all day. Pass anything that isn't a 6S or chaos+. Maybe pick up fuses. They chase biscos and make it to level 88, hitting a wall because they basically just run with Tabulas. Then they buy every achievement and boss kill. Even atlas completion is beyond them because they get massacred in red maps.

It's true ranged is doing good. What kept it in check was reflect. You could already scale thing bow skills to where you had 4K life but dished out 1m tooltip damage. It was obscene. Reflect kept them in check but now, it's a free-for-all.

And yeah, most everyone is pretty subjective. I saw a guy in a Cyclone thread post his gear and claim it was 90ex+. Mine is near perfect and it's not 90ex, like come on. But that's the average player. They just stay stuff. "I make 100ex per hour". "I have more than enough T15 maps from just drops" Just random statements that are qualitative but have no actual data behind it.

But yeah, Cyclone isn't great at clearing ok. But EK is trash at killing bosses. Actually most high dps but squishy builds are trash boss killers. So if you like farming T10 all day, who cares. If you want to be able to take on any content, for melee, Cyclone is probably the best melee skill (just solid all around).
Deliver pain exquisite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po8JBeZon3M


thats alks talk about his cyclone. It includes quotes like "haemophilia gloves, cant play without them, Ive tried, they smooth out your clear".


Now from the footage there I can be fairly certain u can clear a map faster with 1h sunder, certainly faster with things like frostblades or even reave. Do you need haemo gloves for those builds? No. You need any particular gloves? No. To match or beat that speed do you need to be an aoe slayer with aoe nodes using an aoe gem? No, you dont actually need any of those things, if you use them on something like reave u would be way faster and leave way less stragglers, and this is in a vault which is cyclone dream map. Try taking that into an open world map where reave or blades would demolish, even with all this going on it would not be great.


Essentially what ur looking at with alk is a really good build, played by a great player. but the lengths gone to in order to make cyclone work in a decent way like these are extreme, gloves + aoe gem + aoe nodes + aoe subclass in order to end up with something that is acceptable by the standards of good melee skills imo says it all. You can do what hes doing with sunder having 0 aoe scaling and using a conc effect gem, and you could take it outside of the 5% of maps that are good for cyclone and maintain effectiveness where cyclone would start to feel ropy, and you could do it while being a 75/75 block gladiator whos using a surrender or an aegis or something ridiculous.

You can run a molten burst character with nagawaga wearing a bronns suicide vest and trigger it with cyclone and get very fast, sure, but thats not cyclone.
"
Completed 8 ChallengesSnorkle_uk wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po8JBeZon3M


thats alks talk about his cyclone. It includes quotes like "haemophilia gloves, cant play without them, Ive tried, they smooth out your clear".


He said they are too good not to play them. Literally every skill out there scales with items. There is absolutely nothing wrong about cylcone scaling with an extremly cheap unique item.
Do you also know why it scales so well with them? Because you barely need any bleed chance to basically perma bleed enemies, due to the nature of cyclones fast hits.
Which is the same reason why he can essentially perma blind map bosses with a single 3% chance-to-blind jewel.

"
Completed 8 ChallengesSnorkle_uk wrote:

Now from the footage there I can be fairly certain u can clear a map faster with 1h sunder, certainly faster with things like frostblades or even reave.

Show us the footage of said HC play then. I want so see how it's that much faster.
I don't doubt it for frost blades - which is, however, absolute garbage single target.

"
Completed 8 ChallengesSnorkle_uk wrote:

Do you need haemo gloves for those builds? No. You need any particular gloves? No.


Irrelevant argument. Every build needs items. So does cyclone. It's not a particular expensive item so this argument is simply void.

"
Completed 8 ChallengesSnorkle_uk wrote:

To match or beat that speed do you need to be an aoe slayer with aoe nodes using an aoe gem? No, you dont actually need any of those things, if you use them on something like reave u would be way faster and leave way less stragglers, and this is in a vault which is cyclone dream map. Try taking that into an open world map where reave or blades would demolish, even with all this going on it would not be great.


?? Reave is absolute garbage without aoe scaling, what are you even talking about??

"
Completed 8 ChallengesSnorkle_uk wrote:

Essentially what ur looking at with alk is a really good build, played by a great player. but the lengths gone to in order to make cyclone work in a decent way like these are extreme, gloves + aoe gem + aoe nodes + aoe subclass in order to end up with something that is acceptable by the standards of good melee skills imo says it all. You can do what hes doing with sunder having 0 aoe scaling and using a conc effect gem, and you could take it outside of the 5% of maps that are good for cyclone and maintain effectiveness where cyclone would start to feel ropy, and you could do it while being a 75/75 block gladiator whos using a surrender or an aegis or something ridiculous.


How is it an AoE-ascendancy? That's absolutely not why people play slayer dude. You play it with a single, mediocre AoE-node, wow.
Slayer is really good this league, that's why people play it. Not because they need it to scale cylcones AoE.
Then you mention a 75/75 gladiator - so what? Slayer is extremely tanky, can easily compete here. And again, that decision has nothing to do with cyclone.

Yes, cylcone is pretty garbage in completely open maps. Which are garabage by themselves, so I dont see what that is relevant at all.
Vault is not a cyclone dream map lmao. Toxic sewer is a cyclone dream map.
Deliver pain exquisite
I've been messing around with Cyclone in STD. Got it up to 700K DPS with my totem and killed shaper on first try with lvl 19 gems. For AOE using haemophila gloves. So really cyclone has it all. Fast farming haemophilia and boss killer when coupled with Ancestral protector totem. Granted it's not like CoC Cyclone of old days but it's still good.

If interested look up the gay blade in my profile.
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 10, 2018 2:44:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info