[3.3] All Uniques Whispering Ice - 2ex Total (All Content, Shaper/Elder Deathless)

"
Asura2468 wrote:
first off thanks for the build... still lvling but its fun so far (and now that i hit 62 im pretty much immortal xD)

i have a question, did you test starkonjas head? cause you would loose 1,5k ES but gain 50% dmg reduction and alot of global evasion (could be fun with an evasion flask)?

Starkonja's doesn't actually give that much evasion. There's a couple reasons for this.
A. The vertex gives approximately the same evasion rating
B. The 150% increased evasion is only just "okay", because we're already getting 360% evasion from Shaper's Touch and some various nodes on the tree.

Our EV goes from 8k to 11k, at the loss of 1.5k ES. I didn't think it was worth it.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Jan 18, 2018, 2:04:12 PM
"
skyscan wrote:
snip

and the 50% dmg reduction are not worth enough to make up for it?

edit: one more question that popped up.... any reason that we dont link vaal disciple in the CwDt setup for the inc duration (and stone golem whereever vaal disc was)?
Last edited by Asura2468 on Jan 18, 2018, 4:22:27 PM
"
Asura2468 wrote:
"
skyscan wrote:
snip

and the 50% dmg reduction are not worth enough to make up for it?

edit: one more question that popped up.... any reason that we dont link vaal disciple in the CwDt setup for the inc duration (and stone golem whereever vaal disc was)?

CoDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Stone Golem + Vaal Discpline = 5 link, 4 of them being red. I wouldn't even bother trying to get a 5 link shav's with 4 off-color.

btw, starkonja's reduced damage at low life. that's your own dps, not the enemies.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Jan 18, 2018, 10:30:10 PM
"
skyscan wrote:
CoDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Stone Golem + Vaal Discpline = 5 link, 4 of them being red. I wouldn't even bother trying to get a 5 link shav's with 4 off-color.

btw, starkonja's reduced damage at low life. that's your own dps, not the enemies.

ah ok thought it would reduce the dmg you take by 50% ty for clarifying^^ but what i meant with vaal disc is that you could put stonegolem in any socket even without link since you lvl it to 20 anyway so it wont proc from cwdt right?

also thx for answering those questions^^
"
Asura2468 wrote:
"
skyscan wrote:

ah ok thought it would reduce the dmg you take by 50% ty for clarifying^^ but what i meant with vaal disc is that you could put stonegolem in any socket even without link since you lvl it to 20 anyway so it wont proc from cwdt right?

also thx for answering those questions^^

Sure, and that's what I had originally. But manually casting stone golem isn't viable in difficult maps. If you link CoDT with stone golem you never have to worry about not having your golem summoned.
What's your opinion about the Watchers Eye with gain # ES for each enemy hit while affected by Discipline? Would it be any good or is straight up life leech that the vitality and anger jewel give superior?
Loving the build btw
"
Superjeenius wrote:
What's your opinion about the Watchers Eye with gain # ES for each enemy hit while affected by Discipline? Would it be any good or is straight up life leech that the vitality and anger jewel give superior?
Loving the build btw

I mentioned it in the FAQ, discpline on hit watcher's eye is potentially better. While your ES "leech" isn't as high, you get to drop vitality for grace which gives a massive amount of evasion. Not to mention you can still get leech from boot enchants or corrupted amulet with fire leech.
PoB seems to think jewels like:

are slightly better (in terms of damage per hit and total ES) than typical 20+int/%ES rares.

Worth considering if people are having a hard time finding decent double int jewels.
New build i'm goinf to try! I love theese slightly out of meta builds.Will post my progression once i start playing it.
so I hit 68, equipped everything but I'm unable to trigger all auras and I'm not seeing where I messed up.

purity of lighting/fire/elements, clarity and discipline are all usable, I dont have enough life to activate purity of ice or enough mana reserve anything else there either. I mean if i bought a vitalty watchers eye then maybe I'd have enough life to do purity of Ice, but probably not enough mana to even use vitality for the benefit watches eye gives

edit: I figured out it was my blood magic too low of a level, I switched a level 11 gem out for a level 19 and all of a sudden I could activate everything linked to it, though my cold res is only 57% for some reason, I'm gonna have to go through the skill tree and make sure I didnt miss some nodes or something. I still dont have enough mana to turn vitality on though

edit 2: annnnnd im dumb. I never picked up Frost walker. it brought me to 72% cold, but that can be solved by higher level skill gems.

only remaining issue is not enough mana to activate vitality. guess that will have to come with character levels or something
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Jan 20, 2018, 12:21:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info