Is there a way to report scammer?

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Vresiberba wrote:

Irrelevant. Cheating is cheating. Full stop.

Cry all you want.

Crying, ugh... I'm disagreeing. What are you, 12 years old.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
If you check the item and accept you are at fault 100% no matter the intentions of the other person.

Nope.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
What he did is 100% NOT cheating. Like 100%.

The buyer got cheated out of his purchase.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
You are simply incorrect in your assumptions

Yeah, I don't think so. And this concludes out conversation. Good night.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Vresiberba wrote:

Yeah, I don't think so. And this concludes out conversation. Good night.

Saying you conclude the conversation with no proper argumentation and you call me a 12 year old. Most of my points are solid as hell and you just keep saying nope.

Anyway read my signature quote for this forum. I argues with many people but I think you are the one that it fits it the best.

THIS concludes our conversation. I will have a good night. You however will wallow on how the BIG BAD cheater stole your item and baby yourself into believing you did nothing wrong. We life in a time of giant self entitled pussies who have no self reflection and critical thinking to realize when they have serious fault in a situation.

P.S.

I bet you are from the US. The only people who I found so simple minded and often lacking the ability for critical thinking. When I hear tourists from over there talking on the streets I always end up having to do a face palm.

My advice: travel around the world a bit and educate yourself. And at the same time...please don't. Stay there.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Jan 10, 2018, 5:02:43 AM
"
Vresiberba wrote:
And this concludes out conversation.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Vresiberba wrote:
And this concludes out conversation.

You can either use "closes out" conversation or "concludes our" conversation. I do hope your native language is not English. But we both know it is isn't it?
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
the trade screen is the final instance where the trade happens, there may be talks before and after the trade but what is in there gets exchanged eventually.

players may put the wrong item in initially (or exchange it if you believe the original post) or decide that the price agreed is not worth the item and lower their offer. it's all legal.
communication about it is optional, not everybody speaks english anyway.

when ggg designed the trade screen it was common sense that both parties can exchange their goods offered until they matched the counteroffer. ggg explicitely made it safe by making you hover over the counter offer before you can accept and fix our offer for the counteroffer.

when i think about it twice, there is nothing scammy about it. you may switch your offer until the other party agrees to the deal.
"
cronus wrote:

*SNIP*

when i think about it twice, there is nothing scammy about it. you may switch your offer until the other party agrees to the deal.

It's a scam. No doubt about it. Still, nothing banworthy here, it's all within the game's rules.

Put the scammer on to the ignore list and make a mental note of his guild tag. Lesson learned.

E: Grammar
Last edited by breakingthrough on Jan 10, 2018, 7:53:10 AM
"

It's a scam. No doubt about it. Still, nothing banworthy here, it's all within the game's rules.

This.

The seller CLEARLY changed the item to INTENTIONALLY deceive the buyer. It IS a scam, but would've been EASILY avoidable if the buyer had finished his daily cup of coffee and used the tools the game provides to avoid outcomes like this.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
If you look the definition of the term "scam" you will see that the meaning the OP and the people use it as always implies trust factor from the "scammed person". This means they would accept to give money or something of value in return for something else later that is not delivered.

For example in the game world we are all playing:

1. A real in game scam:

- Person A advertised Ulaman for 10 C and charges up front with the portal blocked off.

- Person B trust A and accepts goes to the hideout and payed the 10 C.

- Person A kicks person B.

-Person B was scammed by person A for 10 C.

2. OP's example:

- Person A advertised item 6L in trade for 6 EX.

- Person B wants item 6L and requests a trade for 6 EX.

- Person A invites person B to the party and they initiate trade.

The following steps are very important and key differences from Example 1. Pay attention.

- Person A puts item 6L in the trade window.

- Person B checks item 6L and puts 6ex and accepts.

- Person A changes his mind and removes 6L and replaces it with 5L.

The trade is reset and all checks re-enabled. - this is the moment that A has the opportunity to change his mind, remove 6 ex or cancel the trade.

- Person A accepts the trade.

- Person B checks item 5L and accepts to give 6 ex for it.

By the definition, the steps involved, no matter how you want to put this situation and regardless of any intent of either person this is not a scam.

There is a lot of gray areas in real life about this but this is a game and the rules and mechanics are quite simple and straightforward. I feel sorry some of you can't accept the lesson you could learn and continue living in denial.

Anyway I could not even put it better than I did this time for you. if you can't see the subtle but clear difference you are simply incapable of understanding it.

Last edited by Bone2flesh on Jan 10, 2018, 8:48:52 AM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:

Both examples are the same.

1. Seller and buyer agree on the price of Ulaman upfront. There's no Ulaman.

2. Seller and buyer agree on the price of 6-link item upfront. There's no 6-link item.

Scammy and shady, but avoidable.
"
"
Bone2flesh wrote:

Both examples are the same.

1. Seller and buyer agree on the price of Ulaman upfront. There's no Ulaman.

2. Seller and buyer agree on the price of 6-link item upfront. There's no 6-link item.

Scammy and shady, but avoidable.

You are manipulating the way trading works to make your point but build it on a false premise.

How?

Well quite simple.

You weigh more and automatic messaging system from poe.trade that the seller may never even reply to and say YES than the actual mechanical actions of the trade window screen. It's a foolish and weak argument.

Nobody agrees to anything upfront OR even if they do it is absolutely irrelevant (except from maybe a moral stand point) considering that the only agreement that matters is both parties pressing the accept button of the trade window AFTER and only AFTER both check each others items.

The game makes you do: how can you even justify anything being more important or valid than those items that make everything beforehand a useless action.

The fact that you consider both examples to be the same when there is a totally different and mechanical part involved (the trade window) in the second one with additional security checks baffles me beyond imagining.

Verbal agreements between strangers (especially under the anonymity of the internet and when the medium has no rules against it - GGG TOS) without witnesses and in most countries with as well MEAN absolutely nothing.

P.S.

If you quoted my sig as a warning to not start arguing with you I just want to say that you have a very strong point if you can't see the differences between the two scenarios.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info