Is there a way to report scammer?

"
cronus wrote:


of course it's a scam. the thing is: it's a competitional thing. if you see exchanging items as a scam because the buying player didn't check properly you can also see someone buying an underpriced item as a scam because the selling player was just too stupid to check prices properly.

the question is: what level of competition does ggg want.


I do not agree it's a scam as long as you have a build in game design to avoid it: you have to check the item in the trade window.

I bought a 2 socket Bubonic Trail (Abyss Lich drop) for 35 C (real value is close to 20 EX). That was the sellers asking price. I PMed asking for the item, he invited me, he put it in the trade window, I put the Chaos and we both accepted.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
cronus wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
"
Completed 26 Challengescodetaku wrote:
I would also like to add that everyone claiming that this is *not* a scam has probably scammed someone this way and doesn't want their feelings hurt



of course it's a scam. the thing is: it's a competitional thing. if you see exchanging items as a scam because the buying player didn't check properly you can also see someone buying an underpriced item as a scam because the selling player was just too stupid to check prices properly.

the question is: what level of competition does ggg want.


If I buy something at the store that costs $900 and I pay the seller $500 and leave, I doubt the thinking is ''well too bad, seller should have checked''. Same for when they added me on my paycheck an additional $500. They made me sign a waiver giving them permission to subtract that money since it was added by mistake. The other choice would have been to get fired, you think I could just tell them ''too bad, pay attention next time'' ?
"
Completed 2 ChallengesHarukaTeno wrote:
"
"
Completed 16 Challengesdachoppa wrote:
how is that a scam if you are required to put your mouse cursor over the item to verify what it is before you can accept the trade?


Typical PoE community response to scamming. SO vile.

Yet you didn't answer his simple question.

(hint: cause that's not a "scam", it's buyer's haste, tiredness, inattentiveness, whatever; you are protected by "move, check and then click", you ignore this - deal with the consequences)

So if I sell you a car with known faults, I'm not scamming you, you're simply stupid? What about bank robbery, it isn't a robbery if the bank has money in it you can steal? What the actual fuch?!
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Completed 36 ChallengesBone2flesh wrote:
"
cronus wrote:


of course it's a scam. the thing is: it's a competitional thing. if you see exchanging items as a scam because the buying player didn't check properly you can also see someone buying an underpriced item as a scam because the selling player was just too stupid to check prices properly.

the question is: what level of competition does ggg want.


I do not agree it's a scam as long as you have a build in game design to avoid it: you have to check the item in the trade window.

Of-bloody-course it's a scam! Being scammed has precisely nothing whatsoever to do with you or what you do, it's the action of the other guy and if he switched the item in the trade, he is a scammer and you were scammed, full stop. Christ almighty...
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Vresiberba wrote:

Of-bloody-course it's a scam! Being scammed has precisely nothing whatsoever to do with you or what you do, it's the action of the other guy and if he switched the item in the trade, he is a scammer and you were scammed, full stop. Christ almighty...


People like you who and OP that are given full tools to protect themselves BUT dismiss them and get shafted will always try to blame others to make yourselves feel better.

How you feel is relevant only to yourself and potentially other sympathetic people. It's great BUT it's not a factual truth.

Like I mentioned before a factual truth is this:

- To make a trade both players need to check the traded good by hovering over them.
- You can switch the item out: correct. This is a necessity in case of haste and placing the incorrect item in.
- Switching the item triggers the necessity to check the item again.
- When you accept that trade you accept to pay whatever you placed in the trade window for what you HAD to check from the other player.

These are absolute truths in the trade system of this game. Make any excuses you want for your poor sad events but you agreed to pay. No one scammed you. learn to live with your mistakes and learn from them instead of trying to change how others behave. Stop being stupid please.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Completed 36 ChallengesBone2flesh wrote:
"
Vresiberba wrote:

Of-bloody-course it's a scam! Being scammed has precisely nothing whatsoever to do with you or what you do, it's the action of the other guy and if he switched the item in the trade, he is a scammer and you were scammed, full stop. Christ almighty...

Make any excuses you want for your poor sad events but you agreed to pay. No one scammed you.

Oh, please. If you switch out the item to trick the buyer it's a scam, end of story.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Completed 36 ChallengesBone2flesh wrote:
"
Vresiberba wrote:

Of-bloody-course it's a scam! Being scammed has precisely nothing whatsoever to do with you or what you do, it's the action of the other guy and if he switched the item in the trade, he is a scammer and you were scammed, full stop. Christ almighty...

Make any excuses you want for your poor sad events but you agreed to pay. No one scammed you.

Oh, please. If you switch out the item to trick the buyer it's a scam, end of story.


Scammed sure. Punishable? I disagree. This sort of shit has been going on since 2d runescape. When people would trade you mithril axes instead of rune axes since the art wort was nearly identical. Though like path of exile and runescape you had the opportunity to hover over the item to prove it was the intended item. Also poe has a setting that lets you always see the sockets of an item in the settings menu.
"
Completed 5 Challengesandreicde wrote:
If I buy something at the store that costs $900 and I pay the seller $500 and leave

it's a game where real life rules don't apply. only the rules of the game masters do.
for example, you may kill other players in bandits quests and have them played 8 hours ++ for nothing.

ggg has set no rules other than the ToS and there is no mention of "if you trade for an item, make sure the other player get's the item you promised".


poe is a game which had "whose character is at the item first, get's it".
believe me, having "1000 life kaom's heart" being snatched before your nose or having it bounce back when you pick it up cause you failed to manage your inventory is far worse than losing 100c in a trade you just fucked up cause you were lazy.

"
Completed 1 Challengez1754888 wrote:
"
Vresiberba wrote:
Oh, please. If you switch out the item to trick the buyer it's a scam, end of story.


Scammed sure. Punishable? I disagree.

I never mentioned anything about punishable actions, but the reason there isn't any such actions is because it's practically impossible to police. GGG would have to hire a crew of dozens of people policing and acting on every single little trade gone wrong and that's obviously not viable. But that's also the only reason trade scams is "permissible" and don't think for a minute that the developer thinks trade scamming is in any way, shape or form something that is okay to do. Because it just isn't.

"
cronus wrote:
"
Completed 5 Challengesandreicde wrote:
If I buy something at the store that costs $900 and I pay the seller $500 and leave

it's a game where real life rules don't apply.

What do you mean, "doesn't apply"? If you're scammed, you're scammed, it doesn't have to follow any special rules for a scam to occur. Or do you think scamming in card games is okay just because it's a game? There's a reason the Three-card Monte game is illegal in many countries.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
"
Vresiberba wrote:

"
cronus wrote:

it's a game where real life rules don't apply.

What do you mean, "doesn't apply"? If you're scammed, you're scammed, it doesn't have to follow any special rules for a scam to occur. Or do you think scamming in card games is okay just because it's a game? There's a reason the Three-card Monte game is illegal in many countries.

card games have strong rules that forbid cheating. poe has none such rules.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info