3.5 Magic Find Windrippin Boi (Windripper LA/Barrage Raider)

"
derekisbob wrote:
Should i worry about gear while my toon is low level? or should i grab the specific gear when i reach the required levels? and just use whatever i can find until then?
In that case, is there any low lvl uniques i could use to boost till then?

I'm very bad at levelling but I'd say if you have access to levelling uniques to use the Tempest as a bow along with Darkness Enthroned containing abyss jewel with added lightning damage to attacks + to bow attacks and that'll carry you.
egg
Just hit 69 using this, but honestly its like a super broken glass cannon. Sure I can mow down groups of mobs, certain rares and bosses are cake too but everything hits like a truck or nearly one shots me. Some bosses/things do one shot me. Just not enough doge, evasion I guess, really wish I was immune to freeze with other than a flask
"
Lithorn3 wrote:
Just hit 69 using this, but honestly its like a super broken glass cannon. Sure I can mow down groups of mobs, certain rares and bosses are cake too but everything hits like a truck or nearly one shots me. Some bosses/things do one shot me. Just not enough doge, evasion I guess, really wish I was immune to freeze with other than a flask

Levelling magic find characters in general is horrific, even worse with other builds since most of them get 1.5k less life than mine. I would reccomend using some non magic find gear until such a point as you feel comfortable mapping with the MF setup seeing as the MF is really gonna nerf your life, missing at least 300 flat life on gearpieces. The freeze immunity only on a flask is normally fine, I have never once found that I needed freeze immunity anywhere else (Though the last ascendancy points we get do give us freeze immunity I played for a while without these and didnt feel the need). You should be able to have your flasks up constantly if you clear fast enough. Also at that level I would never do bosses to be honest, I ran a couple hundred t5 maps without killing the bosses and built a huge currency base before I started actually killing bosses (though this is very overkill), It is an MF build, not a bosskiller but it can kill bosses, just be patient.
egg
Do you have an extra Bisco's Collar?
they are on poe.trade for like 5 exalt, but i only have like, 70 chaos. do you have any pieces of this set you could trade me?
Thanks in advance

EDIT: i prob should have PM you. You can just PM me if youd like :D
Last edited by derekisbob on Mar 12, 2018, 2:33:04 PM
"
derekisbob wrote:
Do you have an extra Bisco's Collar?
they are on poe.trade for like 5 exalt, but i only have like, 70 chaos. do you have any pieces of this set you could trade me?
Thanks in advance

I'm currently playing standard and am saving up for some crafting stuff so I will only sell the biscos i have there for the correct price, no brodeals at the moment sorry. If you're looking for stuff in league at the moment I am not the one you should be asking since I'm not playing in the league atm. Bisco's with the current in-league prices doesnt seem like it is good enough to try and get as a chase item before a 6link after a huge 50% nerf it recieved.
egg
So im currently running this build, bought the flasks etc, except the expensive one xD not paying 5 ex for a flask atm. So im lvl 72 atm and im only having 5.1k DPS on LA and 5.8k on barrage.
Problem is on bosses im loosing mana and life way to quick. I cant kill a boss without having mana issues.
I geuss i have a long ways to go since im not that high in lvl but on PoB you are having 100k+ on your skills ? thats 20 times more than what I have ?
"
So im currently running this build, bought the flasks etc, except the expensive one xD not paying 5 ex for a flask atm. So im lvl 72 atm and im only having 5.1k DPS on LA and 5.8k on barrage.
Problem is on bosses im loosing mana and life way to quick. I cant kill a boss without having mana issues.
I geuss i have a long ways to go since im not that high in lvl but on PoB you are having 100k+ on your skills ? thats 20 times more than what I have ?

Levels on flat added dmg and additional arrows are really what help this kill bosses, I've never had mana issues on this char so i guess it is just low damage giving you low leech but you're missing a lot of more multipliers on your character, a 6th link is huge, the dying sun is probably the biggest dmg improvement for one and of course any other sources of additional arrows (except for GMP or LMP on barrage, that's trash and makes them feel horrible)

Not to mention this is an MF char, it is definitely not supposed to be killing bosses at low levels, however unlike other MFers it can kill most bosses in the game with some investment and good gem levels.
egg
Last edited by gmandonnan on Mar 17, 2018, 2:43:38 AM
Just changed my ranger to this build.. quite a bit of gearing but finally done. I'm having mana issues though. Is there something I'm missing?
Nvm good to go.

Nice build. Hopefully it helps with the drops...
"
Kaegyn wrote:
Nvm good to go.

Nice build. Hopefully it helps with the drops...

Can confirm alchs are no longer rarer than mirrors ;) (In fact I get like 5 or 6 a map)

egg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info