Oni-Gorochi Farming How?

"
Verdonix wrote:
Can anyone verify that it is one and done?
I read somewhere else that as long as you do not equip it, you're good to get more on that toon.

Can anyone comfirm or deny this?

Also, I am totally having "Roll envy" looking at some of these rolls. :P

Yes, I'd like to know too if the Reddit post was faked of not. I got my one and only Oni-Goroshi at 25% into level 7.

Can't complain at 85% crit as the RNG range is 70 to 90.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
If someone did get more than one OG on a single character in Twilight Strand, it was a bug and by this point they're exploiting a known issue. But it doesn't seem widespread so who knows? Suffice to say you're only meant to get one Uber Hillock spawn per character. Given the exploit is little known or possibly fake, I strongly suggest you work under the belief that only one per character is correct.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 1, 2018, 11:31:07 PM
"
If someone did get more than one OG on a single character in Twilight Strand, it was a bug and by this point they're exploiting a known issue. But it doesn't seem widespread so who knows? Suffice to say you're only meant to get one Uber Hillock spawn per character. Given the exploit is little known or possibly fake, I strongly suggest you work under the belief that only one per character is correct.

Good enough for me... I read your siggy, thanks for a cool break from the norm with this little side adventure (farming this sword), and thanks for a cool sword.
\m/ Deterministic farming takes a lot of pain out of grinding I think. When you can see a finish line, even if it's really far away, the absolutely guaranteed eventuality is a big motivation. I'm glad GGG gave me the chance to illustrate that by temporarily dragging so many high-end gamers down to my little low-level end of the pool. ;)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Wrong thread....
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Jan 2, 2018, 1:53:27 AM
Leveling three characters at once. This one was the second to hit level 7. I think this was the second or third attempt after hitting 7.

1 hour, 23 minutes. About the same amount of playtime on the other two characters.
Whelp, just got my second one. This time 1 hour 26 minutes.

Finally got a 2nd Oni-Goroshi on my 3 Oni-farmer rotation.

Here is the ghostly green Hillock wielding Charan's Sword:

The killing blow:

92% into level 7 for this sword drop. For everyone frustated by not getting one yet keep farming. RNGesus will eventually look favorably upon you.

I'm still playing the first Oni-farmer that got the sword drop at 25% on level 7 and am up to 90% and no 2nd drop so maybe GGG fixed the 1 sword per character or the Reddit post was faked or my RNG is bad. Anyone else ever got 2 swords on 1 exile?

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People were clearing the zone so that 0 remains shows, and resetting the instance over and over until 1 remains showed. That indicated a new boss had spawned that had to be Uber-Hillock.

I don't get that.

Are you saying that you can exit to character selection screen after clearing Strand, then immediately go back into same instance, and have a chance to spawn Uber-Hillock (without having to wait for a new instance)?

can anyone confirm?
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Last edited by TúrinTurambar on Jan 2, 2018, 3:03:25 PM
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People were clearing the zone so that 0 remains shows, and resetting the instance over and over until 1 remains showed. That indicated a new boss had spawned that had to be Uber-Hillock.

I don't get that.

Are you saying that you can exit to character selection screen after clearing Strand, then immediately go back into same instance, and have a chance to spawn Uber-Hillock (without having to wait for a new instance)?

can anyone confirm?

Yeah, apparently some people had that happen. There is a vid floating around somewhere on youtube of a person that killed hillock and he dropped a unique but they logged out before picking it up, then they re-logged and walked back to where the unique was and uber hillock was standing there by it.

I've heard they patched that exploit but can't confirm that. Didn't want to test in the chance of getting whacked by the ban hammer. ;)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info