Oni-Gorochi Farming How?

I think the drop odds actually increase as your EXP goes up. All three of my runners dropped theirs close together, two mid rolls and a very low one (will be diving that and then selling off 1-2).

Now I just need to decide what to play. Maybe Abyssus/Brass Dome jugg? Wanted to try that for a while anyway. Slayer seems super meta for it with the degen.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Jan 3, 2018, 1:05:49 PM
So is it confirmed that you can't get the drop more than once on a single toon? Especially since the patch? I've gotten 1 on three separate toons, but the random roll was bad, so was trying to get it to drop again, to no avail. But I'm still less than halfway through level 7 on any of them, while I had a friend take well into lvl 8 to get his first.
"
percydaman2 wrote:
So is it confirmed that you can't get the drop more than once on a single toon? Especially since the patch? I've gotten 1 on three separate toons, but the random roll was bad, so was trying to get it to drop again, to no avail. But I'm still less than halfway through level 7 on any of them, while I had a friend take well into lvl 8 to get his first.

Repeating what I said earlier: it's not confirmed you can't but only one person has posted to reddit showing it, and according to GGG, if you do it, you're using a bug to exploit the system. You are meant to get one Uber Hillock sword spawn per character. After that the game sets a quest flag so that Uber Hillock cannot spawn for that character again.

All three of mine came when I was level 8.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
percydaman2 wrote:

Repeating what I said earlier: it's not confirmed you can't but only one person has posted to reddit showing it, and according to GGG, if you do it, you're using a bug to exploit the system. You are meant to get one Uber Hillock sword spawn per character. After that the game sets a quest flag so that Uber Hillock cannot spawn for that character again.

So now after the patch then this is as the Oni-Goroshi wiki says, only one sword per build. The Reddit post of getting 2 drops on 1 build was a pre-patch bug. As least now I can stop playing the 2 of my builds that got the sword.

Why did you take so long to say so (or did I miss a patch note about this)?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
"
percydaman2 wrote:

So now after the patch then this is as the Oni-Goroshi wiki says, only one sword per build. The Reddit post of getting 2 drops on 1 build was a pre-patch bug. As least now I can stop playing the 2 of my builds that got the sword.

Why did you take so long to say so (or did I miss a patch note about this)?

Sort of confused here. I was saying it was a bug the moment it was posted to reddit, and was of course called a liar by the hivemind when, yknow, if anyone should know the drop conditions it's me.

The patch was taking care of a few other exploits such as spawn manipulation. To my knowledge it didn't touch the possibility of getting more than one Uber Hillock spawn per character because that has not become a known issue.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"

Sort of confused here. I was saying it was a bug the moment it was posted to reddit, and was of course called a liar by the hivemind when, yknow, if anyone should know the drop conditions it's me.

Here is a tip : Reddit IS THE HIVEMIND. Tread with caution there, it's a shame Chris goes there so much as it will suck you in. There is lots of good information there you won't find elsewhere, but it breeds the popularity/do no have dissenting opinions creed by it's very nature. Hopefully you won't get the same experience here, even with our trolls and unpleasant fronts. (Yes I was kind of a former Redditor but I don't visit a 10th of what I use to)
Last edited by ThunderBiome on Jan 3, 2018, 6:40:16 PM
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
"

Here is a tip : Reddit IS THE HIVEMIND. Tread with caution there, it's a shame Chris goes there so much as it will suck you in. There is lots of good information there you won't find elsewhere, but it breeds the popularity/do no have dissenting opinions creed by it's very nature. Hopefully you won't get the same experience here, even with our trolls and unpleasant fronts. (Yes I was kind of a former Redditor but I don't visit a 10th of what I use to)

Oh, preaching to the choir here, friend. I'd say I'm pretty damn unpopular on that subreddit, which is why their inability to find fault with my sword design was oh so sweet. And at least a few of them are there because I probably drove them there back when I was a voluntary moderator here.

Enough ancient history though -- I treat reddit 99% of the time as read-only. Regardless of whatever subreddit I'm looking at. I'll post to the PoE one if someone tags me or if it seems relevant (as it did with the release of Oni-Goroshi) but other than that, it's purely for voyeurism.

I get why Chris uses it so much. It's much more convenient and immediate than here, and he did moderate the subreddit long ago so he almost certainly feels some attachment to it. Again, it's easy enough to see his posts there so as a view-only experience it can be useful. :)

"
Arazosa wrote:
Just saying that I am at 5% of LEVEL 8 and that god fucking damn sword didn't drop yet. I'm tired of wasting time for a shit that won't drop. I never 6 linked an item, or chanced any unique or got lucky in any way and once again I illuded myself I could FOR JUST ONCE be lucky and get the sword on my own.

Should have bought it and fuck everything.

I had 4 toons in rotation. in 5.5 years, I have only hit one manual 6 link (very recently).
TLDR : Stick to it

First one lvl 8 roughly 5%, as well as 2 7s within spiting distance of 8 before this beauty dropped for me.
2 things that I did in my runs:
Cranked the music to max for the zone, and fully cleared until close to 8.
Edit - have 3 more 7s in rotation right now in STD as I have an old slayer lying about that I want to experiment with.
Edit 2 - grammar/punctuation.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Jan 3, 2018, 8:00:02 PM
"
Arazosa wrote:
Just saying that I am at 5% of LEVEL 8 and that god fucking damn sword didn't drop yet. I'm tired of wasting time for a shit that won't drop. I never 6 linked an item, or chanced any unique or got lucky in any way and once again I illuded myself I could FOR JUST ONCE be lucky and get the sword on my own.

Should have bought it and fuck everything.

Boo fucking hoo. The soonest mine dropped was 12% into level 8. The next 7% into level 8. And the last one was a very generous 2% into level 8.

And yeah, you should have just bought it. I keep telling people that. PoE players are masochists of the worst kind: they put themselves through what they know will be torture, willingly, and then complain about it the whole fucking time, blaming everyone but themselves even though THEY FUCKING DIDN'T HAVE TO DO IT.

I can't even call it masochism. Healthy masochists admit they enjoy it. It's closer to self-destructive compulsion coupled with undue attention-seeking martyrdom. No one is going to feel pity for someone who willingly climbs a mountain to get what's on top when there are perfectly decent replicas for sale in the gift shop at base camp.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 3, 2018, 8:06:22 PM
Happily, I have a job where I can bring my laptop and use it during downtime... and rather than putting my higher level characters at risk if I suddenly have to do something at work, I can just relax and run on the beach while farming a sword... no worries about lag, no worries about death...

I kinda wish other skill gems would drop on the beach to spice things up, but meh, first zone.

I'll probably do this a few times this league, to vaal or keep for weaponswap single/aoe skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info