[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

"
Hologram_o wrote:
Are you sure Close Combat is strong? PoB is updated for it, but I don't think it's that strong. The numbers don't really add up as I thought it would. Maybe there's a better gem for it? Melee Phys dmg outperforms it in PoB as I tried. What do you think? Rn I have Close Combat - Multistrike - Splash - Brutality linked with Heavy Strike but I am really tempted to replace CC with MPD (only that I can't roll all reds on Doomsower >.<)

Well considering that it doesn't do anything in PoB, of course Melee Phys is going to show higher. Regardless of the programs failure though, the numbers are pretty simple to work out on your own - they're both more multipliers and 59 is > 49.

Now if you're not staying at a close enough range to benefit from the gem, that's an entirely different matter, but realistically you shouldn't be using Close Combat in place of Melee Phys, you should be using it in addition to.

Ideal links are
Heavy Strike - Brutality - Melee Phys - Close Combat - Ruthlessness - Multistrike
Swapping one or both of the last two for Melee Splash/Ancestral Call as needed.

You're still going to Leap Slam a lot (and it's better than ever, both due to Travel skill improvements and the Close Combat buff), so Fortify can remain on it, and Maim can either go on your totem or alongside Flesh & Stone (which I recommend).
@ZaeN Why we dont add impale to build ?
"
Massacre01230 wrote:
@ZaeN Why we dont add impale to build ?

I know impale very well and decided to not include it on this build, since with so many new points on the tree we are already stretched
Check my SSC_Acciaio char or this vid 3.7 https://youtu.be/PXcfF4X7sJE

Impale is a stack mechanic that favours multiple hits, so it leans towards DW/claw/1h sword rather than a 2H weapon.

2H heavy strike with his 0.8 attack speed modifier and the double dmg procs focuses on dealing one big hit to kill entire packs, so impale would only be useful against bosses maybe and even there with the complete setup of this build it is a matter of seconds

Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 10, 2019, 8:20:42 AM
Hello,

I'm a fairly new player and I'm looking for a tanky boss killer that I can play in a duo group with a friend (he is playing ES/Contagion).

We want to start with the PS4 release in a few hours and since I'm not that experienced I was wondering if this build can be used as a league starter?

I checked your characters but there were only Standard League characters?

Thanks in advance for your reply and best regards,
ophidias
"
ophidias89 wrote:
Hello,

I'm a fairly new player and I'm looking for a tanky boss killer that I can play in a duo group with a friend (he is playing ES/Contagion).

We want to start with the PS4 release in a few hours and since I'm not that experienced I was wondering if this build can be used as a league starter?

I checked your characters but there were only Standard League characters?

Thanks in advance for your reply and best regards,
ophidias

Hello, 2H are kinda the hardest melee type to manage, if you are confident with melee chars go for it

You mentioned you are going to play together with an ED buddy, it's gonna be hard to do anything while kills dies on its own xD

I would recommend you a block (not max block) gladiator or a champion, even a shield zerker, maybe with the new blood and sand skills to learn like bladestorm or ranged stuff like sunder
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

I'm using this build and it's pretty useless against Legion Monoliths, any tips? Leap Slam goes bonkers with all the targets in closed areas with lots of corridors (like Temples) and this build cannot use Flicker Strike because it doesn't have enough Dex (needs 77, I have 44 at the moment with a Dex amulet).
To be the best you first got to beat the best.
"
Danteska wrote:
I'm using this build and it's pretty useless against Legion Monoliths, any tips? Leap Slam goes bonkers with all the targets in closed areas with lots of corridors (like Temples) and this build cannot use Flicker Strike because it doesn't have enough Dex (needs 77, I have 44 at the moment with a Dex amulet).

Targeting is broken, which is surprising given it's the only game with such a broken targeting pre and post legion

About your definition of useless not sure what is your expectation, playing a chain hook zerker right now, damage is on the roof but clearly it won't clear half of a monolith

Do you want to clear 100% of a monolith? At what level and with what gear that it cannot equip flicker?
Maybe you need to wait for some dmg to expect a good clear

Chris said "you need something like TS"
Streamers are all running like chicken with ED contagion
Poeninja says 40% is cyclone, so there you go my bet is on ED contagion i guess

Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 10, 2019, 6:14:20 PM
What gem links are you preferring to HS?

I have been using this: HS-Brutality-Fortify-Close Combat-Ancestral Call Supp-Melee splash

I will switch melee splash and ancestral call for melee physical and multistrike for single targets. Should I drop fortify for ruthlessness?
"
Spectrumpigg wrote:
What gem links are you preferring to HS?

I have been using this: HS-Brutality-Fortify-Close Combat-Ancestral Call Supp-Melee splash

I will switch melee splash and ancestral call for melee physical and multistrike for single targets. Should I drop fortify for ruthlessness?

In 3.7 close combat has been added, maim has been dropped for it

5 of 6 gems are a must have

Clearing:
1.HS - 2.Brutality - 3.Close Combat - 4.Ancestral Call - 5.Splash

Single Target:
1.HS - 2.Brutality - 3.Close Combat - 4.Multi Strike - 5.Ruthless

Number 6 is supposed to be Melee Phys Dmg, but you can change for Fortify for better uptime

I discovered that the new Multistrike isnt supported into POB, so that's another avg(0+50+99)= ~50% more

So without Abyssus we broke the barrier of 2mil YEA BABY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info