[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

"
ZaeN wrote:
I have managed to get a drop of The Goddess Bound
Whalebone Rapier and upgraded for 1 alch somewhere to The Goddess Scorned
Elegant Sword.
So now my dam......
I think you can pretty much stay ele until starforge, even continue as pure ele with voidforge. If you go that route you need to check on the gems and auras tho.

Thanks for prompt and clear response! Just finished reading and went back in game, second goddess dropped:D
Maybe gods are trying to tell me something...:)))
Last edited by ShoveMoneyDeeper on Jun 8, 2019, 4:41:03 PM
"
ZaeN wrote:

- With Maim on Warchief totem, you can pretty much stay in Sand Stance and never switch to Blood (only highest Maim applies).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but that's incorrect. Only the highest Maim applies when they come from different sources, meaning if you're applying Maim via Flesh & Stone (in blood stance) and separately through your Warchief with Maim Support, the stronger will overwrite the weaker one.

If you link your Maim Support to Flesh & Stone however, then you're only inflicting one Maim, which uses the combined value.

Source, Bex: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxcehl/path_of_exile_legion_gem_information/eq5abqi/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

So if you want to be in Sand Stance regardless, then yes, it's better to have Maim elsewhere, but for raw damage it's better to be in Blood Stance with Maim Support linked to Flesh & Blood in order to inflict a stronger Maim (and save a support gem on your Totem).
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:

- With Maim on Warchief totem, you can pretty much stay in Sand Stance and never switch to Blood (only highest Maim applies).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but that's incorrect. Only the highest Maim applies when they come from different sources, meaning if you're applying Maim via Flesh & Stone (in blood stance) and separately through your Warchief with Maim Support, the stronger will overwrite the weaker one.

If you link your Maim Support to Flesh & Stone however, then you're only inflicting one Maim, which uses the combined value.

Source, Bex: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxcehl/path_of_exile_legion_gem_information/eq5abqi/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

So if you want to be in Sand Stance regardless, then yes, it's better to have Maim elsewhere, but for raw damage it's better to be in Blood Stance with Maim Support linked to Flesh & Blood in order to inflict a stronger Maim (and save a support gem on your Totem).

Yes i saw that, personally i didnt fully trust bex statement at that moment
Anyway flesh and stone gives 20% compared to maim 14% with the option of additively support it, so i have included it now
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Updated the POB link with the newest version and new gems.

The new gems appear to be unsupported for now, so the numbers are off
Close Combat gives 0
Pride
Maim linked to Flesh & Stone

Compared to before (with Abyssus) in the current POB status it looks like it gained a ~20% more damage overall, so it can be dropped if needed

In reality it should be getting at least another 10-20% and ingame it is visibly stronger and faster, also the aoe is a lot bigger
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 9, 2019, 8:46:19 AM
Can we Swap HS for another Skill for map clearing ?
I dunno if HS is great for Legion's Timeless Monoliths.
I'm planning on running an offhand with cyclone. Also trying to work impale into the build but I might be giving too much up. Just killed Kitava in HC, now I need to gear up.
"
Can we Swap HS for another Skill for map clearing ?
I dunno if HS is great for Legion's Timeless Monoliths.

I'm fairly confident that it will literally wipe the floor on monoliths, with AC splash it does more than 350k to 700k on trash mobs, the only thing stopping you is how fast can you leap and run around

"
ZaeN wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:

Yes i saw that, personally i didnt fully trust bex statement at that moment
Anyway flesh and stone gives 20% compared to maim 14% with the option of additively support it, so i have included it now

It's definitely weird, but the fact that they changed Maim support from supports attack skills to explicitly include or other skills that maim enemies would seem to reinforce the idea. Shouldn't be that hard to verify with a weak weapon and a little bit of comparative testing.

At any rate, as far as single target/bossing is concerned, Flesh & Stone Sand Stance just seems unnecessary most of the time for a Juggernaut who is already nigh impervious to physical attacks (especially with Molten Shell on top!), so even if it didn't stack or wasn't a larger Maim, it'd be better to sit in Blood for auto-maim and replace that support with something stronger.

"
ZaeN wrote:
Updated the POB link with the newest version and new gems.

The new gems appear to be unsupported for now, so the numbers are off
Close Combat gives 0
Pride
Maim linked to Flesh & Stone

Compared to before (with Abyssus) in the current POB status it looks like it gained a ~20% more damage overall, so it can be dropped if needed

In reality it should be getting at least another 10-20% and ingame it is visibly stronger and faster, also the aoe is a lot bigger

It's because Close Combat is dependent on distance, Pride isn't being ramped by PoB (using base value), and Maim isn't stacking the way it's (purportedly) intended to. As great a tool as PoB is, it development has really fallen off in wake of the developers new job, though some fake flasks/jewels can bandaid it easily enough.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 9, 2019, 6:28:07 PM
That's right, i made a custom flask with 59% more for close combat + 20% more from pride = 79% more melee damage

https://pastebin.com/hpLRpASf

Absolute top damage with Abyssus (shocked) 2mil
With Starkonja/Devoto 1.6mil

Are you sure Close Combat is strong? PoB is updated for it, but I don't think it's that strong. The numbers don't really add up as I thought it would. Maybe there's a better gem for it? Melee Phys dmg outperforms it in PoB as I tried. What do you think? Rn I have Close Combat - Multistrike - Splash - Brutality linked with Heavy Strike but I am really tempted to replace CC with MPD (only that I can't roll all reds on Doomsower >.<)
A filthy casual

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info