"
ZaeN wrote:
"
endeffect wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:

About right side sword nodes, it is kinda needed for the crit

then path near Crystal Skin? 5% reduced elemental damage taken sounds real nice

Just saw the new tree, crit all around duelist marauder area. Would still go right side to get as much as possible (now reaches 30+ chance).

Another change is on leech, it will have more sustain, then we can drop all generic 2H damage nodes (only pick if they have other effects like leech), still need to understand if ASPD is going to be needed or we can go and get pure dmg

Slayer version looks hot as well, 50+ crit chance

Preliminary 3.7 tree: www.poeurl.com/co95

I wonder if we should be trying to fit in soul of steel it's close to the our path. the 3 node cluster would give us the following:

10% ele res
50% increased armor
150 armor
+1% to all max res
5% additional physical damage reduction.
"
maximewoody wrote:
Pride aura seems great ! I don't know if there will be some Watcher Eye mods with it.

I was thinking about dropping brutality to get Fortify or CloseCombat. We can then get Atziri's Promise as a flask for extra chaos damage and leech.
If we use fortify on the 6 link, we can then use Endu Charge on melee stun on Leap Slam and get a 5 endu charge to get 100% Phys reduction on immortal call.

Multistrike is talking sweet words to me. Can we use it with Ancestral Call ?

With these new gems to slot the atziri flask is doable, not sure if/how much more dmg (on a duration) you would get

"
Hologram_o wrote:
Just a thought, melee revamp is available now, and I remember it says your skill can hit multiple targets so the main 6L for Heavy Strike could go for Maim rather than Melee Splash support now. Right? I feel maim is too good to pass up with the slow and dmg boost while splash is only for clear.

It depends on your setup, from my perception for clearing all tiers you need 150-300k non boss dps, once you reach a damage where you notice you can oneshot packs you will want to extend the aoe as much as possible with splash
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 6, 2019, 6:44:09 AM
Ok just saw the finalized 20/20 gems posted here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2514087

Of interest:

"
- Pulverize is AoE tag, not for HS so no help from it

- HS (buffed):
85% of base attack speed
222% base damage (from 194%)
20% chance to double dmg

- Close combat support (green)
59% more damage at point blank

- Ruthless (buffed):
132% more (from 113%) equals ~ 44% from 37%

- Multistrike (likely a buff):
30% less dmg base
44% more attack speed
50% more dmg 2nd hit
99% more dmg 3rd hit
Need to check if it now can support Ancestral Call

Overall we can drop Abyssus and cover the lost damage with Pride alone, keep multistrike, make room for close combat somewhere.
On HS no more flat damage like in the screens, 20% double damage instead which is way better especially for 2handers (thanks guardian angel!)

Auras:

"

- Pride:
19% to 39% more phys damage taken

- Precision:
186 flat mana reservation at 20
59% inc crit chance
+701 accuracy

- Flesh and Stone:
25% mana reserved
Blood stance: maim + 16% inc phys dmg taken
Sand stance: blind to nearby, 11% less damage from enemies that aren't nearby

F&S will likely replace Herald of Purity that in 3.6 only provides about 5% more dmg
Precision can be put in a spare slot at some level to add some crit chance

About the guard skills:

"

- Steelskin (not so good imo):
70% damage taken
Expires at 2209 total dmg

- Immortal Call
34% less ele dmg taken for the entire duration

This should equal to:
ele resist = ele reduction from 75% to 83.5%
or from 0.25 ele damage taken to 0.165
or from 25% ele damage taken to 16.5%

1.8s duration with 4 ECs
3 sec cd
With a lv20 CWDT threshold of 3272 damage taken to activate, this still leaves me worried :/

- Molten Shell
75% of any damage taken absorbed by the shell
20% of armor threshold, up to 10k damage
Needs 50k armor for full absorbtion
For example a Jug with dome should reach +35k armor base, without determination & lion roar, the shell absorbs ~7k dmg
With Lion roar plus the shell armor itself it should be able to reach 50k

Shell looks like the most interesting guard skill than the 3, considering the possibility to reach the 10k life cap.
It looks hot on a Guardian or a Xoph helm Chieftain
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 6, 2019, 11:49:43 AM
If Abyssus is dropped, do you think Oskarm gloves can fit in the build ? It has decent life and accuracy.
It has Assasin's mark built-in but I don't know if it's worse than vulnerability ?
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
maximewoody wrote:
Pride aura seems great ! I don't know if there will be some Watcher Eye mods with it.

I was thinking about dropping brutality to get Fortify or CloseCombat. We can then get Atziri's Promise as a flask for extra chaos damage and leech.
If we use fortify on the 6 link, we can then use Endu Charge on melee stun on Leap Slam and get a 5 endu charge to get 100% Phys reduction on immortal call.

Multistrike is talking sweet words to me. Can we use it with Ancestral Call ?

With these new gems to slot the atziri flask is doable, not sure if/how much more dmg (on a duration) you would get

Doable but not really worthwhile. Brutality is worth way more unless you're adding some ele bonus/conversion somewhere.

Maintaining Fortify in the main link is nice, but probably not worth it since the build is still Leap Slamming anyway (even faster with Close Combat), and Juggernaut doesn't really rely on Fortify quite as much as other builds in the first place either.

Similarly, there's little reason to put ECOM on Leap Slam since Juggernaut has near 100% uptime on max endurance charges anyway. Immortal Call will always have downtime (since it can't cooldown while active), so there's little reason to try to min/max a way to activate it on combat start - you're going to have to get hit eventually and again that's something Juggernaut excels at regardless (also Molten Shell might be the play for the associated damage boost, given how much extra Armor Juggernaut stacks)

"
maximewoody wrote:
If Abyssus is dropped, do you think Oskarm gloves can fit in the build ? It has decent life and accuracy.
It has Assasin's mark built-in but I don't know if it's worse than vulnerability ?

Vuln is way better without significantly greater investment in crit or power charges. Though you could conceivably set up a 2-curse system for it, I wouldn't bother.
Will this be updated for 3.7 before launch tomorrow night? Or is this build "dead" with the new melee stuff coming out ? I had a fun time on this 4 seasons ago.
"
SoundwaveOiA wrote:

I wonder if we should be trying to fit in soul of steel it's close to the our path. the 3 node cluster would give us the following:

10% ele res
50% increased armor
150 armor
+1% to all max res
5% additional physical damage reduction.

It is a great cluster if you can spare 4pts for it

"
maximewoody wrote:

Vulnerability is way stronger, an alternative to a spiked glove is intimidate tombfists

"
emb wrote:
Will this be updated for 3.7 before launch tomorrow night? Or is this build "dead" with the new melee stuff coming out ? I had a fun time on this 4 seasons ago.

It will be updated, but I will change the tag only after i get my jug slotted and running. I see no point of those other empty 3.7 builds when there obviously isn't a high lvl char to confirm if a tree, the gear and gems are 100% working

Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 6, 2019, 6:45:29 PM
Added some info for leaguestarters

"
3.7 Preliminary changes
For those who are league-starting
What changes from the guide, what to do in 3.7:

Preliminary tree: http://www.poeurl.com/co95

- Different passive tree/path, same logic for beelines/priority (life > aspd > crit) in tree while leveling
- Same ascendancies

- To drop Determination, Herald of Purity, Abyssus (maybe keep Determination while leveling, but put Pride in offhand for level the gem)
- To add Flesh and Stone, Pride, (low level) Precision

- To replace Immortal Call -> Molten Shell, or can keep it

- HS Gems are almost the same, to add Close Combat in offhand and see if it can replace one of these in order of less important: (Splash) < Maim = Ruthless < Melee Phys
Splash stays if default AoE will not be enough
Ancestral Call for clearing mostly stays
Multi For single target will mostly stay

Close Combat is the new Point Blank of melee, it beats even Melee phys dmg, and also coloring 5R1G is much easier than 6R

- Starter mapping gear the same, clearing with Sand Stance, bossing with Blood Stance.
I predict that it will be easier than before

Endgame gear the same except Abyssus (you can keep it if you have 90% phys mitigation btw). Brassdome stays

Good luck and Enjoy!

Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 6, 2019, 7:25:40 PM
Interesting new gem changes, indeed. I'm wondering if Pride aura (reserves 50% mana) is better than Blasphemy + Vulnerability (35% mana) in terms of dmg? I'm thinking of even putting Arctic Armor (25% mana) for more phys and fire mitigation and I find it better than Determination even though there's some loss of armor? Third aura is probably Precision as I don't have much mana left...
A filthy casual
"
Hologram_o wrote:
Interesting new gem changes, indeed. I'm wondering if Pride aura (reserves 50% mana) is better than Blasphemy + Vulnerability (35% mana) in terms of dmg? I'm thinking of even putting Arctic Armor (25% mana) for more phys and fire mitigation and I find it better than Determination even though there's some loss of armor? Third aura is probably Precision as I don't have much mana left...

In terms of raw damage, yes, because it's a more damage taken multiplier, not an increased damage taken multiplier. The difference being that all increased damage taken bonuses (Maim, Vuln, Intimidate, etc) are added together and then multiplied with your damage, while more damage taken is multiplied separately rather than added to that stack.

From a mana efficiency standpoint however, the question is more muddled, since it's 50% reservation vs 35% (assuming you don't get Vuln for free, which you can, in which case the answer is pretty obvious). We also shouldn't discount that Pride takes ramps up to 39% over 4s, so even with multiple sources of increased Vulnerability could be better for raw clear, while Pride is more suited to bosses.

Ideally you'll get both once you find a way to make Vulnerability free (typically either glove corruption or Imprescence), but I would suggest prioritizing Vulnerability in your build first, since the higher mana reservation on Pride may make it hard to maintain in the early game before your build stabilizes. Worst case you could just swap it on and off for bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info