[3.1] Pwn's 1m DPS Oni-Goroshi PermaFlicker Slayer

How to gain power charges? and sometimes i have issues about bleeding myself and gaining frenzy charges . it can't generate charges sometimes somehow .Can someone look up my character ?
Last edited by Briarcliff on Jan 8, 2018, 6:07:27 PM
when i run flicker, it's not as smooth/endless as i expected, could one of the pros look at my build n give suggestions? i'm only running hatred aura. thanks!
How will this build perform running maps with another person? Thanks!
flicker strike builds are generally for solo play. if you dont oneshot the whites, you will jump from packs to packs out of your own control. you and your party will get sepperated. not a fun experience.
"
Briarcliff wrote:
How to gain power charges? and sometimes i have issues about bleeding myself and gaining frenzy charges . it can't generate charges sometimes somehow .Can someone look up my character ?

This build don't need Powercharge, but if u like, u can use oskarm glove, or u sacrifice some gem slot like me for generate powercharge

Gem : CWDT + Inc Crit + Powercharge on crit + BV ( or StormOrb or any spell you like )

About gaining frenzy charge, i think u should check your equipment.
What are your thoughts on not using a regular life flask and instead using a Writhing Jar for the extra worms in boss fights to proc the 20% more damage if you've killed recently on Headsman and use the worms for a bit more life leech?
"
sporeman58 wrote:
What are your thoughts on not using a regular life flask and instead using a Writhing Jar for the extra worms in boss fights to proc the 20% more damage if you've killed recently on Headsman and use the worms for a bit more life leech?

This can work pretty well but for general mapping I prefer to use a Staunching Life flask or corrupted blood will kill you.
Fresh builds all day.
I have to say, only problem I'm running into that I didn't expect is that Labyrinth darts will seriously mess you up, make the mistake of moving for 2 seconds after one hits you and you're reviving in town. Everything else I just need to fix my gear and it's a really fun build, Flicker's been a favourite of mine since I realized it worked with multistrike, and the dps. The sheer dps. Also annoying but funny every time you hold flicker down and appear 9 rooms over with a path of items to pick up.
Just a quick update on my take on DarthPwn's build.

Overall, it's quite fun, and I wanted to thank DarthPwn for a fantastic build concept. I am running into two pieces of frustration at the moment and I'm not quite sure how to move forward.

The first piece of frustration is mana. Even with the essence sap wheel, it's still common for mana to be the bottleneck. The mana cost of a 6-L flicker is extremely prohibative (it's over double what a 6-L Molten Strike costs on my scion)... with an insane attack speed it's just hard for mana to keep up. There aren't many options for mana gained on hit, and DarthPwn takes one of the few that are viable options. Has anyone come up with a reasonable solution to this? Having to wait on mana while flickering a single target is a common (and frustrating) occurence, and noticeably slows down your flicker speed (while you're clearing big packs, however, the regen is usually fast enough). Since my gem setup is a little different than DarthPwns since I convert my damage a little differently (I don't use a Phys to lightning gem), I think I might try a blood magic support on my flicker oni and see how that works for me. If I use blood magic, I can also drop the essence sap wheel and get something else instead, like more life nodes, heartseeker wheel, or the lava lash wheel.

The second is related to the first, and that's single target. My attempt to combat this issue that flicker has always had for me (plus, flicker is likely to get you killed on many bosses) was to have a second oni on weapon swap with a more single-target oriented skill, and I used blade flurry. However, I'm not a big fan; blade flurry feels clunky, and it's not uncommon for targets to move out of range or mess up your ability to channel to 6 stacks consistently. Does anyone have other suggestions that might have competitive DPS? Due to our 40% phys to cold conversion in the tree, most hybrid elemental abilities aren't an option (Molten Strike, Lightning strike, Wild Strike, etc) and we have to look at pure phys abilities. Currently considering Reave, Double Strike, and Lacerate.

Last edited by Xyrm on Jan 9, 2018, 11:31:02 AM
i dont understand how you can achieve one million dps, i can only achieve roughy 8k buffed on my flicker strike with a similar setup as yours could you check my character out?

character name is "Milke"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info