[3.11] Toasters HC Guardian Support – 12 Auras – Victario's Influence

"
Xanoth wrote:

The levelling trees have 2 points spent until the 70+ trees. Lower level ones are all as good as blank.

Thanks for the guide, I really enjoyed an old managuard (I've not really played properly since Harbinger) and wanted to try a similar character again in 3.4, still levelling slowly with it.
Hopefully, I can deal with not having Shav's (although not having to 6 link chest is a big selling point for Victario's vs LL and Shav's).

I'm currently levelling with Smite and Summon Holy Relic, do you feel there could be space in the build for these gems at end game?

Mmh, did you try the pastebin?

Smite is insane! you should fit it in for sure! It's equal to a lvl 19.5 Wrath aura, which scales with aura effectiveness etc.

Summon Holy Relic is okay, but not sure if it's good enough to spend 1 gem socket on it. I can first say it, when I play a support again. Maybe you can test it. :)
How useful is clarity anyway ? I am running Empower 3 and Enlighten 3 in my chest but i dont have mana to get clarity.

Othewise is there anything i could change ?

Spoiler

Hey Toaster,

Would you be able to update the skill tree links? Perhaps even use POE Planner instead? Over the last couple of days, the links stopped working for me (mid build!) and it's really annoying. I'm not familiar with Path of Building and would like to stay away from using that atm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
thx for the build!
"
Creepymutu wrote:
How useful is clarity anyway ? I am running Empower 3 and Enlighten 3 in my chest but i dont have mana to get clarity.

You have a high level Clarity gem equipped...instead, use a level 1 and see if that works for you. Level 1 Clarity (I prefer Vaal Clarity since it includes regular) is pretty much a freebie (14 mana reserved in Victario's, iirc).

The main reason to run Clarity is it's an additional aura, which means additional life regen and phys damage reduction per Guardian ascendancy. The actual value of the mana regen, for party members, pales in comparison.

The advantage of leveling up Clarity is you can fine-tune how much mana you keep unreserved, allowing you the maximize the bonus ES provided by your ascendancy.
"
Creepymutu wrote:

Just run a level 1 clarity, you're mostly just using it for the additional active aura for the ascendancy buff(s).
"
Toaster404 wrote:
"
Xanoth wrote:

The levelling trees have 2 points spent until the 70+ trees. Lower level ones are all as good as blank.

Thanks for the guide, I really enjoyed an old managuard (I've not really played properly since Harbinger) and wanted to try a similar character again in 3.4, still levelling slowly with it.
Hopefully, I can deal with not having Shav's (although not having to 6 link chest is a big selling point for Victario's vs LL and Shav's).

I'm currently levelling with Smite and Summon Holy Relic, do you feel there could be space in the build for these gems at end game?

Mmh, did you try the pastebin?

Smite is insane! you should fit it in for sure! It's equal to a lvl 19.5 Wrath aura, which scales with aura effectiveness etc.

Summon Holy Relic is okay, but not sure if it's good enough to spend 1 gem socket on it. I can first say it, when I play a support again. Maybe you can test it. :)

I've tried reimporting the pastebin a few times, I'm not sure if the levelling trees were made pre 3.4 but most are broken.

I'm 70 now, so it's fine, and it's easy enough to figure out what can work (I skimped on the regrets and took the armour+es from the start).

I levelled with smite+herald of purity, worked surprisingly well, it's not going to win awards for speed, but it did stuff.

If I have socket issues I might have to just pay a premium/craft some unset rings, I'll be grouping with a summoner, so the holy relic will probably be a nice boost to keeping their pets alive (she also really likes the visual effect! :D ).

I'm still tempted to get a shav's+chayula's so I can run more auras for a slightly more defensive setup, but I'll probably just save up and see how things feel when we get to guardians.
Last edited by Xanoth on Sep 18, 2018, 5:06:25 AM
I ended up switching to Shav's, I know it makes the generosity buffs weaker, but I just really dislike using Viktario's when it leaves me feeling so squishy (especially in Delve league).

I found this flask helped a little, but Shav's and Zealots oath permanently is certainly how I prefer to Guardian.

Obviously, you need to not use it anywhere near chaos enemies.
Last edited by forgottenpanic on Oct 10, 2020, 4:55:06 PM
You have a haste/vaal haste gem in the boots and another haste gem in the shield.. now that two separate gems are no longer needed.. what do you recommend?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info