[3.11] Toasters HC Guardian Support – 12 Auras – Victario's Influence

Anyone had issues with hitting enough aura effectiveness to provide 84% max res to yourself but not to other party members (they are on 83%)? I am sure this never used to be the case in previous leagues.
A couple of questions about movement:

Why have both flame dash *and* shield charge?

Is Phase Run interesting now that it's instant?
"
rlpowell wrote:
A couple of questions about movement:

Why have both flame dash *and* shield charge?

Is Phase Run interesting now that it's instant?

Yes Phase Run is useable. In the end it's just your own preference.
I prefer Shield charge but some ppl prefer Phase run.

Try it out! :)
I read under the 3.4 notes that smite can be used. Is it worth using while leveling? If so how would you go about using it? Thanks.
Last edited by Krb20 on Jan 6, 2019, 10:34:15 PM
"
Krb20 wrote:
I read under the 3.4 notes that smite can be used. Is it worth using while leveling? If so how would you go about using it? Thanks.

Smite is just a good dps buff for your party.
If you really want to level with this build, you should try to use Herald of Agony (requires some gear, so I'm not sure if it's cheaper than just running Poet's Pen).
Spoiler

Howdy Toaster, First off, great guide, is was easy to follow and pretty easy to gear with a reasonable amount of currency. I was hoping you or anyone enjoying your build might offer some helpful tips and upgrades on my current gear relevant to what you have found so far in betrayal. I have never played a support, I recycled this toon from an arc build and did not level it so missed out on the progression and figuring out what works and what doesn't. I am sitting with 74 unreserved mana currently, 984 life and 10193 ES. I have all 10 auras up but probably will not run hatred with my carry as he is winter orb and I don't believe he would see much benefit from it. Is there anything else I can do to optimize his damage and ability to survive?

A few goals I have are I would like to get faster, I would like to add in a curse and Aspect of the spider or just the aspect, possibly a watchers eye. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for having a look!

https://pastebin.com/LFVuEa9u
"
Animalis wrote:
Spoiler

Howdy Toaster, First off, great guide, is was easy to follow and pretty easy to gear with a reasonable amount of currency. I was hoping you or anyone enjoying your build might offer some helpful tips and upgrades on my current gear relevant to what you have found so far in betrayal. I have never played a support, I recycled this toon from an arc build and did not level it so missed out on the progression and figuring out what works and what doesn't. I am sitting with 74 unreserved mana currently, 984 life and 10193 ES. I have all 10 auras up but probably will not run hatred with my carry as he is winter orb and I don't believe he would see much benefit from it. Is there anything else I can do to optimize his damage and ability to survive?

A few goals I have are I would like to get faster, I would like to add in a curse and Aspect of the spider or just the aspect, possibly a watchers eye. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for having a look!

https://pastebin.com/LFVuEa9u

Hey there,
sorry for the late reply.

It's possible to fit in Aspect of the Spider or Avian, if you get some reduced mana reserved jewels (corruption).
Hatred is obviously uselss for Winterorb, but you should use Smite. It's an insane damage boost, since it scales with aura effect.

Besides, your gear is basically fine.
sry for the spam was going to ask what i do wrong but then i saw it :) ignore this post
Last edited by sceleta on Jan 26, 2019, 4:20:09 PM
Having issues with unreserved mana, there's no way I can use spirit offering or flame dash.

I managed to respec into some mana nodes and craft some reduced mana cost and max mana on my rings, so now I can at least use shield charge.

I even used POB to pump my level and take the rest of the mana nodes plus another jewel, but that still only puts me at just under 30 unreserved mana, which isn't enough for spirit offering.

Any ideas, first time playing support, I just copied the gems section, so not like im doing anything out of the ordinary?

https://pastebin.com/CDPznSR3
Last edited by Zeypha on Feb 11, 2019, 6:39:00 PM
"
Zeypha wrote:
Having issues with unreserved mana, there's no way I can use spirit offering or flame dash.

I managed to respec into some mana nodes and craft some reduced mana cost and max mana on my rings, so now I can at least use shield charge.

I even used POB to pump my level and take the rest of the mana nodes plus another jewel, but that still only puts me at just under 30 unreserved mana, which isn't enough for spirit offering.

Any ideas, first time playing support, I just copied the gems section, so not like im doing anything out of the ordinary?

https://pastebin.com/CDPznSR3

Not sure, if you figured already out, what's going wrong, but I can explain it to you now (sorry for the late reply).

First of all your pastebin says, that you're lvl 71.. the build works with that low levels, but you gain a lot of mana in later levels. So you basically have to get more levels to get more unreserved mana.
Secondly, your active skills gems are way too high level. You won't have enough mana to cast lvl 20 Bone Offering for example. If you swap it with a lower lvl one, it would work fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info