[3.6 updated!] Crit Storm Call Inquisitor

"
What about Carcass Jack instead of Inpulsa?

in PoB it gives more dmg, also we get more area of damage (if PoB correctly calculates damage with increased shock effect ).

With this big aoe and massive dmg don`t think we really need exploding from inpulsa

Both give exact the same damage in PoB, (if aoe roll from CJ = 50%, and Inpulsa's = 50%, when you shocked an enemy recently). CJ gives 20% aoe, but Inpulsa is just way safer to play, because u get:
1. shock immunity
2. no corpses left behind, since they explode (DD safe)
3. less "stragglers" left.
4. increased shock effect = MORE damage (since it's easier to reach the 50% shock cap), especially vs Bosses!

Also don't forget that the AoE from CJ can't be really compared. A shocked monster killed right on the verge of the Storm call explode, adding aoe to the storm call itself.
Your choice, both are good either way.
Hi i have question this area damage mod on my dagger will work with srotm call or this will work only with sockted gems???
Last edited by Kolmen87 on Jan 3, 2018, 5:04:01 PM
Another very easy solution to mana problems would be

Amazing helm, especially when specced for MoM given it's instant mana recovery, even on bosses, and 30% light MoM. The additional chance to be shocked in nullified by inpulsa's. You do run the opportunity cost of an additional unique in the helm slot and less availability of the duration enchant.
Today switched to this build. Now doing t6-t12 maps w/o any problems, but slower than speed meta he-he (when "open"-map and other good options - u can be like flash on map =)

My equip ATM (time jewells), next upgrade maybe (95%) - it's unique helmet starkonja\devoto\rat's nest (they cheaper) with ench 30% reduse duration Strom Call , cause noe duration 0,76 sec, on boss - it's fine (but may be better), but in clear map... very long time before cast make explosion =\ Maybe after this upgrade, i sold helmet xD or maybe now, expensive try ~2ex =\

DPS crazy, but survive less with this **** jewel's

Also Watcher's eye and other jewel's in tree and belt.

Sry for my english =_+
Last edited by Agroveuin on Jan 3, 2018, 6:35:07 PM
"
Kolmen87 wrote:
Hi i have question this area damage mod on my dagger will work with srotm call or this will work only with sockted gems???

Yes the area damage is global, so it affects Storm Call.

"
Kazuma180 wrote:

Yes, as you pointed out, it is a quite nice helmet to keep the mana up. But it's almost impossible to buy this helmet + Storm Call enchant, which makes the helmet kinda unviable in long term.

"
Agroveuin wrote:

Yea, the enchant is kinda important for a smooth game play. Your gear is decent, next steps definitely would be watchers eye + helmet enchant, after that you can try to get more life on your gear.
using these 3 currently (slightly different from your post):

The life leech from weapon is nice, and for double curse I use enfeeble (part of CWDT setup) and assassin's (linked to CoH).

I do need to find much better jewels to put in the belt.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Jan 4, 2018, 12:34:29 AM
Got really bored of my EK nova and converted it to this build cause I've always wanted to play Storm Call ever since it's release but could never make it work. So first of all, thank you for the guide.

Right now my tree is a mess from the respec. I'm currently on the Scion HP wheel which is 16 respec points to get out of, and funny enough, those 16 points would get me all the way down to Acro and Heartseeker Territory. How make or break is the Acro path oppose to pure HP tanking?

I do have enough currency to buy both Berek's and Watcher's Eye, but hoping I can snipe a deal but I will buy it soon. As of now, I'm running Clarity(+ Hot + Wrath) to solve my mana problems and using Orb of Storms + Mana Leech for bosses to sustain single target.

As for gear, how do you keep up with resist with all these Uniques? I'll admit, my rares on the low roll side, but damn that a lot of resit I would lose if I get rid of my rings or Amulet.

Any tips or advice for gearing greatly appreciated!

Edit: I bought my Berek's and Watcher's Eye with a Purity of elements with 10% phy taken as lightning which in turn solved my res problem, Until I get some good t1 rares at least.

Last edited by imrawn on Jan 4, 2018, 6:05:29 AM
Just wanted to say thank you for this build, I'm having a blast atm and it feels good to be able to kill bosses again! (was EK nova)

This build is so insane! I was able to down red elder in a second on his last phase with this build and for those of you who do not have the 30% reduced storm call enchant, you should get it because it is a huge game changer for when you are mapping and killing trash. The only difference in my build is that I use vaal grace instead of warlord's mark so that I can get insane amounts of attack/spell dodge (like 70% dodge with acrobat) when I engage bosses and just blow them up without worrying too much.

Here are my current items:

Jewels can obviously be better but they get pretty expensive so I'm gonna hold off on that. Right now I am trying to get 21/20 HoT and Storm Call. Maybe a similar weapon with +1 socket levels? IDK

Again, thank you for this fun build.
Yea, today buy

Next step - jewel's or 6l body.

Also thinking, maybe instead Quicksilver flask need use Vessel of Vinktar with light dmg to spells? Boos for DPS and increase leech

And can drop HoI for Poacher's Mark for add "leech" + instead Essens Worm with Wrath - equip good rare shaped ring + instead Immortal call (in setup CWDT-Immortal-Warlord) - equip Our Wrath.

In Theory small drop DPS (w\o HOI), but crazy boorst survivable (and maybe, if ring pretty nice - without PDS drop)
Last edited by Agroveuin on Jan 4, 2018, 5:11:44 AM
"
imrawn wrote:

Your gear is decent, but you still have a lot of room to improve it. Your resistances on your gear (helmet, belt for example) are 25ish rolls, just buy some with 2x >40%, that way you cap your resistances easily. If you don't have the regrets yet to respec towards acrobatics, just stay at the life wheel until you can afford it. Full hp tanking is ok, but 40%/30% dodge is much safer to play imo, especially after the vaal pact nerf.

"
Agroveuin wrote:

Also thinking, maybe instead Quicksilver flask need use Vessel of Vinktar with light dmg to spells? Boos for DPS and increase leech

And can drop HoI for Poacher's Mark for add "leech" + instead Essens Worm with Wrath - equip good rare shaped ring + instead Immortal call (in setup CWDT-Immortal-Warlord) - equip Our Wrath.

In Theory small drop DPS (w\o HOI), but crazy boorst survivable (and maybe, if ring pretty nice - without PDS drop)

Honestly, I wouldn't drop the quicksilver. We are too slow without it :D
Poacher's mark doesn't leech with spells.

And I'm experimenting a playstyle without HoI and without Essence worm, but it's a VERY expensive option.
The new gear I'm using for it:
Spoiler

Last edited by Contractor on Jan 4, 2018, 8:18:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info