[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
OhhPaigey wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

Vortex vs Phase Run.. Vortex is used for the chill which the build doesn't do, Phase Run mostly increases movement speed, and also drops mob aggro for a brief period of time. Vortex is probably the more standard option.

I tried the Blight gloves, it might just be because of my gear and stuff but I didn't really find much of a difference than just throwing ED out and running around safely, things melt pretty quickly. Though I can understand it being a solid option for lesser geared/leveled players.

not everyone has a decay mirror +3 bow :)
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
xlkong wrote:
Great Build! What about picking up OCC instead of TRI?
In my opinion, OCC performs good on offense, and TRI is good at defense.

I assume you are talking about Occultist vs Trickster?

I think an Occultist version could work, but it wouldn't be as tanky, like you said, Occultist is probably gonna do slightly more damage overall, but it won't be anywhere as tanky.

With that being said, pretty much any build that runs with a 6L is going to be capable of doing enough damage for most content in the game, where a lot of builds lack is defense, and for that reason I decided to go with a Trickster.

What specifically makes the Trickster so much tankier?

The build seems to lack single target so Occultist seems like a juicier pick.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
xlkong wrote:
Great Build! What about picking up OCC instead of TRI?
In my opinion, OCC performs good on offense, and TRI is good at defense.

I assume you are talking about Occultist vs Trickster?

I think an Occultist version could work, but it wouldn't be as tanky, like you said, Occultist is probably gonna do slightly more damage overall, but it won't be anywhere as tanky.

With that being said, pretty much any build that runs with a 6L is going to be capable of doing enough damage for most content in the game, where a lot of builds lack is defense, and for that reason I decided to go with a Trickster.

What specifically makes the Trickster so much tankier?

The build seems to lack single target so Occultist seems like a juicier pick.

250 Flat ES = 1000 ES. 20% More Evade Chance, Recharge Rate increases, ect.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

Vortex vs Phase Run.. Vortex is used for the chill which the build doesn't do, Phase Run mostly increases movement speed, and also drops mob aggro for a brief period of time. Vortex is probably the more standard option.

I tried the Blight gloves, it might just be because of my gear and stuff but I didn't really find much of a difference than just throwing ED out and running around safely, things melt pretty quickly. Though I can understand it being a solid option for lesser geared/leveled players.

not everyone has a decay mirror +3 bow :)

Fair enough.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Can you talk about how you crafted your current bow? What was the process like?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Can you talk about how you crafted your current bow? What was the process like?

From my Reddit post:

"So this was about 7000 chaos into Delirium Essences that a lot of people kept overpricing because I was buying out the market, I spent more time messaging people who were afk or ignored me and raised the price when I messaged than actually doing any sort of crafting..

Anyways, had to get that off my chest.

Yeah, when you're crafting a bow like this all you're looking for is a +2 bow gem roll with as few other mods as possible. You have to have a Suffix open to master craft "Can't Roll Attack Mods" yolo exalt to hopefully hit a "+1 to Gems".

Then depending on what other rolls are on there, if you want a bow like this, you remove the master craft, you are going to need 2 Suffixes and a Prefix open in order to roll Multi Mod + Inc DoT + Reduced DoT or IAS.

Quite literally to make something like this, you need to have Decay, and +3 Gems on your bow, that's it.

Now, yeah, I had 2 random elemental damage rolls, a +2, and a Decay. I had already bought the server out of essences so I decided to annul, removed the first ele damage, did it again (with my eyes closed) and removed the second. I was left with Decay and +2, from there it's GG, Cant Roll Attack, Exalt to +1, remove, multi mod.

This is how the bow looked before getting into master crafting: https://i.imgur.com/eXshDbF.png"

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Jan 2, 2018, 5:03:18 PM
Level 59 so far, Occultist. Easiest leveling ever.

Will keep you guys posted if you want.

"

Also here's a more lenient jewel search: http://poe.trade/search/okamoemananore
livejamie
One question why does no one take Heretics Veil as Helmet? It gives a solid 4 Link Blasphemy setup and saves a whole 6 Lik on the chest for something else...Or am i wrong?
The build looks very interesting and something I was thinking about trying since it is so different. Also, congrats on that mirror worthy bow, it looks amazeballs.

My biggest concern is the cost of some of the gear. Are the 2 Empowers + Enlighten and Impresence something that is needed before the build gets to its "feel good" stage? Total cost for that stuff is right around 15 Exalts, and I definitely do not have that kind of currency. Are these luxury items to chase or are they required to really make the build work like you show in your videos?

I guess I'm worried that it will feel slow, sluggish and crappy without these pieces of gear.

"
Bakuhmer wrote:
One question why does no one take Heretics Veil as Helmet? It gives a solid 4 Link Blasphemy setup and saves a whole 6 Lik on the chest for something else...Or am i wrong?

It's okay, low base ES and can't roll other stats. But an option I suppose.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info