[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
souljaboi25 wrote:
hi paigey, some updated thoughts:

i went ahead and replaced my gloves with allelopathy socketed with void manip, swift affliction, controlled destruction, efficacy (like a standard ed trickster would). i find it helps a lot with the single target, and my ES doesn't really suffer for it. i managed to find one spot to socket a spreading rot jewel in, wondering if it's worth finding another spot to put in the second spreading rot (maybe on the right side of the tree).

either way, i'm liking the st damage it gives me. with caustic + mirage arrow, i clear extremely fast, and can cast blight on abyss rares without having to swap pierce into my ed bow. i'm currently at about 7.1k es, so i'm fairly healthy still (only lvl 84).

managed to knock out hydra, phoenix, mino all deathless (don't have chimera yet). so far so good. i'm going to start running mass uber labs soon for the endgame grind challenge and will be hoping to nab an essence drain damage enchant.

current gear:

"

Interesting, will try out the gloves. Was meaning to get around to testing out Blight, just never really did it.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
kasiraka wrote:
I'm about done with my main build for 3.1 and was looking for a fun build to mess around with.
Any thoughts on an ignite variation of this with burning arrow and xoph's nurture?

Could be neat, not sure how viable it would be, hard to say.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Live search since 3 days. No Impresence(Despair). Feelsbadman. Was looking forward to play the build.
"
Lyroclol wrote:
Live search since 3 days. No Impresence(Despair). Feelsbadman. Was looking forward to play the build.

there r many, just filter increased chaos dmg or chaos resistance in impresence looking
"
3ryk wrote:
"
Lyroclol wrote:

there r many, just filter increased chaos dmg or chaos resistance in impresence looking

Not in hc ;)
"
Lyroclol wrote:

Edit: Oh, HC. Yeah, RIP.

Could technically just run Witchfire Brew for Despair, just not gonna be 100% uptime vs bosses mostly, or two Witchfires lol.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Jan 1, 2018, 6:41:40 PM
is it possible to run life version of this build? or it ont be possible to reach that regen/survi
"
3ryk wrote:
is it possible to run life version of this build? or it ont be possible to reach that regen/survi

Not as a Trickster.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
So I just hit 71 on the build thought id share my gear and my progress so far.

Gear

"

So I enjoy leveling as my build and seeing the progress, depending on the build its not near as fast or as smooth as BV. But this build wasnt bad.

Damage and & Clear kick in at 36-40, had a 5L Silverbough that helped till I got to my current bow, then flipped it for 30c :). You are kind of squishy during the 40-65 tabula/before CI stage, but nothing some kiting cant fix.

Now that I am 71, sitting at 6.1K ES without my Uber Lab (typing this while sitting in global 820 and without Watchers eye.

my CA is sitting at 17K with my under leveled gems still, and without the Damage nodes near CI.

As for Blight vs ED. I leveled with ED till 71, but the gloves are not bad... The blight skill/jewel combo play style plays well with CA and Mirage archer, as well as the skill duration. Im sure ED has more top end DPS, but Blight cant be far behind based on how it feels. Plus it has to be mention for a cheap alternative, mine is 1 ES off from perfect and it was 2c...

with the blight setup aswell it freed up my chest for the aura/curse setup, eventually in the future would like to switch out Enlighten for Vaal Discipline if I get enough mana or regen.

Also another not since I dont enjoy weapon swaps, my helm and boot gem setup. I managed to somehow 4 Off color my helm, I decided to put in my CWDT in here. Still needs futher testing as i have not made up my mind about Phase run vs Vortex or auto cast golem vs high level golem.

Boots is standard wither totem but i took out duration for Blink arrow as I am socket starved.

The only thing I feel like I could improve atm in the short term is more strength, i could save 4 points if I could find some Str on my Helm or boots. I could give up a Ventors but I went all in on this character so I need it to farm, and I am greedy, such is a Ventor's life.

Also special thanks to Paige for the well formatted and made guide, and the help with the 6L on my chest <3

"
PiX3L wrote:
So I just hit 71 on the build thought id share my gear and my progress so far.

Gear

"

So I enjoy leveling as my build and seeing the progress, depending on the build its not near as fast or as smooth as BV. But this build wasnt bad.

Damage and & Clear kick in at 36-40, had a 5L Silverbough that helped till I got to my current bow, then flipped it for 30c :). You are kind of squishy during the 40-65 tabula/before CI stage, but nothing some kiting cant fix.

Now that I am 71, sitting at 6.1K ES without my Uber Lab (typing this while sitting in global 820 and without Watchers eye.

my CA is sitting at 17K with my under leveled gems still, and without the Damage nodes near CI.

As for Blight vs ED. I leveled with ED till 71, but the gloves are not bad... The blight skill/jewel combo play style plays well with CA and Mirage archer, as well as the skill duration. Im sure ED has more top end DPS, but Blight cant be far behind based on how it feels. Plus it has to be mention for a cheap alternative, mine is 1 ES off from perfect and it was 2c...

with the blight setup aswell it freed up my chest for the aura/curse setup, eventually in the future would like to switch out Enlighten for Vaal Discipline if I get enough mana or regen.

Also another not since I dont enjoy weapon swaps, my helm and boot gem setup. I managed to somehow 4 Off color my helm, I decided to put in my CWDT in here. Still needs futher testing as i have not made up my mind about Phase run vs Vortex or auto cast golem vs high level golem.

Boots is standard wither totem but i took out duration for Blink arrow as I am socket starved.

The only thing I feel like I could improve atm in the short term is more strength, i could save 4 points if I could find some Str on my Helm or boots. I could give up a Ventors but I went all in on this character so I need it to farm, and I am greedy, such is a Ventor's life.

Also special thanks to Paige for the well formatted and made guide, and the help with the 6L on my chest <3

Thanks for the feedback.

Vortex vs Phase Run.. Vortex is used for the chill which the build doesn't do, Phase Run mostly increases movement speed, and also drops mob aggro for a brief period of time. Vortex is probably the more standard option.

I tried the Blight gloves, it might just be because of my gear and stuff but I didn't really find much of a difference than just throwing ED out and running around safely, things melt pretty quickly. Though I can understand it being a solid option for lesser geared/leveled players.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info