Something is wrong with Map Drop rates...

So, I've been playing since 3.1 Launch and my plan was to go Magic Find, get my atlas shaped, Sextant Block Vault, and Run Vaults for profit/gear other characters.

Today is the 17th day after launch, my current play time is 6d 17h. My atlas is at 143/157. Here is a pic of my current Atlas.

In order to get this completion rate of the atlas, I've had to buy about 80% of the maps on my atlas.

As you can see, I have shaped all maps from T1 to T15. The only map in my T14 is Shaped Vault, and the Only T15 is Shaped Siege.

Also I got the Elder and Shaper Battle to flip/flop on Vault every time I run it, giving more pack Size

I have Sextant Blocked Vault, in order to only get the rare sextants on the 7 touching it and Pack size. Every map I run is 20% quality, 80%+ IIQ, and 20%+ pack size.

I have a Well Rolled Bisco's Collar and Windripper for more IIQ.

Here is a pic of my current Map pool and Gear for my character.

As you can see my map pool above T11 is complete garbage. Ive had to purchase the last 9 Shaped Vaults I have run. where I only got 1 Return of a Shaped Vault map from running it.

The maps in my bag are the maps I received from my last 3 runs. As you can see, not a Single T14 or T15.

Based on my experience, since i have no other T14 or T15, with 143% map completion, there should be more available maps to run from those tiers. In comparison to 3.0 League, I had Shaped Spider Forest and Vault in my T11 and T12 Map pool, and Sustain was possible.

Next I wanna do a quick cost break down of this whole investment.

Guardians/Shaper completion - 125c (maps/rolling maps/completion service)
Buying maps from T9 and above - 80c
Sextant Blocking Vault - 100c

Total Setup Investment - 305c

Cost of running Shaped Vault (sample size=3)

Shaped Vault Map - 36c each (purchased 8 @12c)
Rolling Shaped Vault - 12 Chisels, 3 Alchemy, 4c re-roll (9c total)
Fortune Favors the Bold - 9c
6 Yellow Sextant - 24c
1 Red Sextant - 7c

Total recurring investment - 85c (3 maps)

As you can see Setting this up and running this can be very expensive. When you factor in the cost of buying the maps every time, and not getting a single Return. Its just plain stupid.

I watch Streamers get 1 to 3 maps per run.. AlKaizer and Emperyian Gaming. I follow what they say and their Atlas strategy. But this has been my 3.1 experience and this is my outlet to vent. If there is anyone out there who took the time to read this and know what i'm doing wrong. Please let me know.

Dak

TLDR
Maps don't drop for me. Please help...
Last edited by Daknarian on Dec 23, 2017, 10:59:50 PM
Last bumped on May 26, 2018, 4:36:15 AM
"
Daknarian wrote:
So, I've been playing since 3.1 Launch and my plan was to go Magic Find, get my atlas shaped, Sextant Block Vault, and Run Vaults for profit/gear other characters.

Today is the 17th day after launch, my current play time is 6d 17h. My atlas is at 143/157. Here is a pic of my current Atlas.

In order to get this completion rate of the atlas, I've had to buy about 80% of the maps on my atlas.

As you can see, I have shaped all maps from T1 to T15. The only map in my T14 is Shaped Vault, and the Only T15 is Shaped Siege.

Also I got the Elder and Shaper Battle to flip/flop on Vault every time I run it, giving more pack Size

I have Sextant Blocked Vault, in order to only get the rare sextants on the 7 touching it and Pack size. Every map I run is 20% quality, 80%+ IIQ, and 20%+ pack size.

I have a Well Rolled Bisco's Collar and Windripper for more IIQ.

Here is a pic of my current Map pool and Gear for my character.

As you can see my map pool above T11 is complete garbage. Ive had to purchase the last 9 Shaped Vaults I have run. where I only got 1 Return of a Shaped Vault map from running it.

The maps in my bag are the maps I received from my last 3 runs. As you can see, not a Single T14 or T15.

Based on my experience, since i have no other T14 or T15, with 143% map completion, there should be more available maps to run from those tiers. In comparison to 3.0 League, I had Shaped Spider Forest and Vault in my T11 and T12 Map pool, and Sustain was possible.

Next I wanna do a quick cost break down of this whole investment.

Guardians/Shaper completion - 125c (maps/rolling maps/completion service)
Buying maps from T9 and above - 80c
Sextant Blocking Vault - 100c

Total Setup Investment - 305c

Cost of running Shaped Vault (sample size=3)

Shaped Vault Map - 36c each (purchased 8 @12c)
Rolling Shaped Vault - 12 Chisels, 3 Alchemy, 4c re-roll (9c total)
Fortune Favors the Bold - 9c
6 Yellow Sextant - 24c
1 Red Sextant - 7c

Total recurring investment - 85c (3 maps)

As you can see Setting this up and running this can be very expensive. When you factor in the cost of buying the maps every time, and not getting a single Return. Its just plain stupid.

I watch Streamers get 1 to 3 maps per run.. AlKaizer and Emperyian Gaming. I follow what they say and their Atlas strategy. But this has been my 3.1 experience and this is my outlet to vent. If there is anyone out there who took the time to read this and know what i'm doing wrong. Please let me know.

Dak

TLDR
Maps don't drop for me. Please help...

I did 120/157 self found and bought the rest,all you have to do is run each tier and map 20times with no loot filter

So beach 20times then t2 after beach 20times etc,then begin with next side dungeon 20times,whatever is next 20times
create 10+ accounts to store the maps,combine them in to tier you need
Last edited by Midoriisonehotlittlegirl on Dec 21, 2017, 3:33:47 PM
i've played 2 days and 2 hours, almost, and im sitting at 55 atlas completion, and i haven't bought any maps.

i just don't feel like mapping, because i don't feel like running 40 t2s in order to get a t3 i need. i've just been running uber lab and it feels way better. once i can be bothered, i'll just buy a bunch of maps from the currency i get from running uber.

i could see how the challenges this league will be tough to complete, however, because a lot of them require high lvl maps, to which will almost certainly need to be purchased.
The atlas in the way it was implemented was created so that players either get stuck or have to buy their maps when still unlocking it. Personally I strongly dislike this! Though once I had my maps unlocked I have not had too much problems sustaining maps. The issue is getting there.

What I loved about the previous league was the atlas adjusting orbs(random same tier/+1 tier), these made the atlas alot of fun and more accessible. I really hope GGG reconsiders putting these orbs back in. Removing these orbs will not stop the 'pull all resources together'-players/guilds from instantly unlocking everything, the only thing removing these orbs did was frustrate the solo and regular players.

PS: Another advantage of the map adjusting orbs was that we didn't have to play maps we dislike, we could just random or upgrade them. A customization which in my opinion is heavily needed.
"
sarannah101 wrote:
frustrate the solo and regular players.

PS: Another advantage of the map adjusting orbs was that we didn't have to play maps we dislike, we could just random or upgrade them. A customization which in my opinion is heavily needed.

They do not care about solo players,otherwise they would have higher droprates or whole league ofcourse without the "convert to regular" you can as well play regular and pretend you are self found(that is what i did until yesterday
they also do not care if you dislike to run map X,new shape elder system is here only to force you to do maps you dislike

So there is no reason for them to add those orbs most of us loved,back in

On positive side,we at least do not run harbinger beach map 15000times like last league.
Last edited by Midoriisonehotlittlegirl on Dec 21, 2017, 4:31:25 PM
You know it would just be fine if they could honestly just say we didn't touch it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
not touching it would be the problem, since theres 32 added maps on the atlas.

what i think happened was they lowered the bonus tier thing because now you can get to over 150, if that matters at all.

i seem to be getting a decent amount of maps per map run, but its always 3-5 tiers lower instead of 1-2 like it seemed to be last league
"
sarannah101 wrote:
The atlas in the way it was implemented was created so that players either get stuck or have to buy their maps when still unlocking it. Personally I strongly dislike this! Though once I had my maps unlocked I have not had too much problems sustaining maps. The issue is getting there.

What I loved about the previous league was the atlas adjusting orbs(random same tier/+1 tier), these made the atlas alot of fun and more accessible. I really hope GGG reconsiders putting these orbs back in. Removing these orbs will not stop the 'pull all resources together'-players/guilds from instantly unlocking everything, the only thing removing these orbs did was frustrate the solo and regular players.

That sounds more like a wacky conspiracy theory, like "all the scientists in the world are in a giant conspiracy, and none of them have let it slip, save to this one dude on reddit", than it does a real set of reasoning that a company would go through.

Especially a company that literally makes absolutely zero money off that trading. If there was a 5 cent listing charge, maybe, but nothing at all? Why the heck would they care to force trading?

I think the mistake is instead that folks expect to get atlas completion really, really early in the league, when GGG think of it as a long term thing.

Running 40 T2 maps to get that one T3 is sure a pain, if you do them back to back. Doing them over three weeks, bit less of a pain, y'know? If atlas completion is treated as a medium term goal, on the order of a month or so, rather than a week one goal, it really sucks way less...
I understand the Atlas completion is part of the end game and it needs to take time. My issue is What do I have to do to get a Map Return or a +1 Map from running maps like I posted above.

To Date.. if I try and remember I believe I have only ever gotten a handful of +1 maps and maps of the same tier. Its always 2-3 Tiers below the map i'm running. The example I posted above, 3 Shaped Vaults gave me 4 yellow maps, and 6 red maps. Of the 6 red, 3 where T11, 2 where T12, 1 was T13.. FROM RUNNING A T14 MAP... there is something not right here...

Pretty disheartening to run a map.. and not be able to progress or even run the same map, cause you cant get a Return.

Just venting, hoping some of the higher power that be reads this.
Were you guys playing PoE when we were discussing strategies to maintain T8?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info