Season One, Race Event 21: One Week Party

Yup my duelist also just ripped at Vaal merci beeing lvl 64 number 4 in the smash duelist ranking. GG
I'm lvl 68 almost 69 as a duelist and scared shitless to do vaal... my bow duelist got 2-3 shot by rocks with 3k hp a week ago.. : /

^
Stuff I can trade tomorrow. ~10 hours from this post

whites
Spoiler

weps
Spoiler

armor
Spoiler

jewelry/gems
Spoiler

^
Agreed the time it takes and the reward it offers isn't viable.
My idea of proper incentive for a 1-week race.

• #1 player: 30 Reward Points
  • #2 player: 25 Reward Points
  • #3 player: 20 Reward Points
  • #4 player: 18 Reward Points
  • #5 player: 16 Reward Points
  • #6 player: 14 Reward Points
  • #7 player: 12 Reward Points
  • #8 player: 10 Reward Points
  • #9 player: 9 Reward Points
  • #10 player: 8 Reward Points
  • #11-20 players: 7 Reward Points
  • #21-50 players: 5 Reward Points
  • #51-200 players: 3 Reward Points
  • #201-500 players: 2 Reward Points
  • #501-1000 players: 1 Reward Points

• Level 85: 15 Reward Points
  • Level 80-84: 12 Reward Points
  • Level 75-79: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 70-74: 8 Reward Points
  • Level 65-69: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 60-64: 4 Reward Point
  • Level 55-59: 2 Reward Point
  • Level 50-54: 1 Reward Point

This way casual players get a very good chance at minimal points. Casual players aren't asking for top-tier rewards, but they deserve something for trying much like they do in 1- to 3-hour races.

Those people saying you shouldn't need rewards to motivate you to participate are truly missing the point. Everything in life must give some kind of incentive for anyone to give a shit. If you're all about competition, good for you, but you can't use that argument against people who are not all about competition. Speaking for myself, I like competition but simply not enough for it to be the only incentive. I'd rather play my regular characters and make them progress instead. Put in a meager points reward and I'll show up once in a while, doing my best... because as it stands, doing my best isn't enough to get anything from this race that I wouldn't get in the permanent leagues.

The idea is to have a little something for everyone to enjoy their race no matter where they come from. Is that asking for too much?
Just died at 61 on my lightning strike shadow. Played "something new" which was essentially build copied from forums. Had no idea what to do so I picked life nodes as always, to compensate for bad gear. Turns out I was looting pretty good items (mostly used self found since I had nobody to play with) and ended up at 3500 life _but_ damage low enough to have problems killing Vaal summons. After 20 minute battle (and taking him maybe 25% of life) I died to series of rocks (4 i think) when I didn't use my instant pots "because I was going to tp out". Lesson learned.
ign: Krowa_IX HC | RacingCow races
"
Arkatar wrote:
My idea of proper incentive for a 1-week race.

• #1 player: 30 Reward Points
  • #2 player: 25 Reward Points
  • #3 player: 20 Reward Points
  • #4 player: 18 Reward Points
  • #5 player: 16 Reward Points
  • #6 player: 14 Reward Points
  • #7 player: 12 Reward Points
  • #8 player: 10 Reward Points
  • #9 player: 9 Reward Points
  • #10 player: 8 Reward Points
  • #11-20 players: 7 Reward Points
  • #21-50 players: 5 Reward Points
  • #51-200 players: 3 Reward Points
  • #201-500 players: 2 Reward Points
  • #501-1000 players: 1 Reward Points

• Level 85: 15 Reward Points
  • Level 80-84: 12 Reward Points
  • Level 75-79: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 70-74: 8 Reward Points
  • Level 65-69: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 60-64: 4 Reward Point
  • Level 55-59: 2 Reward Point
  • Level 50-54: 1 Reward Point

Huge problem with you saying this is that Level 50 characters are in the top 500, so you're expanding the reward pool by.... essentially nothing.
"
TyrusDark wrote:
Huge problem with you saying this is that Level 50 characters are in the top 500, so you're expanding the reward pool by.... essentially nothing.

Either I underestimated the effort to hit 50 or I overestimated the survivability of post-50 characters. I'll admit I didn't look at the current ladder when I wrote this up. Thanks for pointing it out.

The level reward could start at 40 then. But I have a feeling a whole lot of people died post-50 and decided not to reroll, which makes sense considering the time investment to get back to the top 500. That would explain how 50's are up there.

In any case, I'm mainly suggesting to add a level-based reward like in the other races.
Lost a 49 mara and now a lvl 53 mara aswell, Spent atleast 30 hours for 0 points, but atleast i got alot of currency and crap in my stash so totally worth it!

oh well guess im not going smash next time that desync boss hits pretty hard!
IGN
Onslaught: Lowonlifehighonkokain, Outofoutofsyncslashoos, Nwaggashasgiantslongs, Onslaughtdis
"
rimnii wrote:
"
_Lokken wrote:
Here's a thought:

You don't need points to make participating in races fun.

gasp!

There is a lot of bitching and moaning in here that reminds me far too much of the D3 forums.

If the time investment doesn't make sense to you for your perceived 'reward' of playing in the race then don't play in the race.

Coming home and playing for a few hours in the evening for a week should never end up with anything resembling a top level reward in this game. And this is coming from someone who is never going to see a top level reward in this game. God knows the gaming industry is flooded with games that give excessive rewards just for turning them on; we don't need PoE being another of them.

Much like in real life, just showing up and 'trying' doesn't mean you get a trophy.

preachhhh

That's a stupid sentiment for a game. We play those to have fun, not to be reminded of our daily chores.

I play hardcore, I died because of lag in race at lvl 50, meh... It's a beta and all that and I can't blame GGG for me playing in an americans Vaal instance.

Tho the Desync's and horrible format of rewards can be quite frustrating. And by "quite" I mean fucking soulsmashingly depressing at a point.

I still enjoyed this race, not as stressful and luck based as the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info