[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
Beanst wrote:
Ive got a head scratcher maybe you can help me with. I see you run to get Whispers of Doom, but looking at your gear i dont see where youre running a second curse (let alone why). After watching your a video i see you have Warlord's mark worked in. My question is how and is it massively important to run?

You only get Whispers of Doom if you can't get the life leech% Anger Watcher's Eye Jewel. Otherwise, we need a way to leech/gain life back.

Options:
-Get Whispers of Doom node to then run Assassin’s Mark + Warlord’s Mark (which grants 2% life leech). You will then gain power & endurance charges. OP got a level 8 warlord’s mark mod on one of the new rings, hence why he doesn’t actually have the gem
-Get life gain on hit and link this with frenzy. This option for me only exists if you don’t have a kaoms. You then link frenzy-Ass. Mark – curse on hit – GMP – LIFE GAIN ON HIT. Note: LGOH can also be switched to warlord’s mark if you have whispers of doom. I haven’t decided which I like better.

If you have a kaom’s, you probably need an essence worm ring to free up a socket.
Last edited by Shnizers on Jan 11, 2018, 4:36:48 PM
So i'm really debating doing a PP build (dosent 100% have to be VD) or a oni-goroshi build - Im doing maps 95% of the time and the last 5% is bossing. Is this build "good" for what i wanna do? I have about 9ex and 220c atm to invest into it.
How im suposed to get all those Charges ??

Thx Gl Hf
Last edited by michaud808 on Jan 11, 2018, 10:03:39 PM
"
famulor wrote:
So i'm really debating doing a PP build (dosent 100% have to be VD) or a oni-goroshi build - Im doing maps 95% of the time and the last 5% is bossing. Is this build "good" for what i wanna do? I have about 9ex and 220c atm to invest into it.

Yeah! VD is excellent for mapping and bosses. Took down shaper and guardians with rare gear. The only big investments I made are Kaom's Heart and a + 1 Volatile Dead Starkonja.

Helm is kinda pricey but you can probably find +1 VD at lower prices if on a mediocre base which should be fine until you can farm for Starkonja's. You can also sub the Anger Watcher's Eye leech with the uber leech enchant on boots or with a warlord's mark ring in the meantime. You might want the jewels that give unconditional buffs (those that don't say on kill) if you want to focus on bosses.

I can say that I'm having no trouble at all with map bosses right now and i've dropped warlord's mark for a while now.
Hi Guys, i finally found my final setup for the aimed 8 APS Bodyswap playstyle.

For all who are interested in reaching 8 APS too and have some currency to spend here is an short overview of it:

Weapon setup one for normal mapping and most bosses

Weapon setup two for bosses with "one shoot area" mechanics where i have to control where i have to be to avoid them

Body armour and helmet are equal to 4-5 APS builds

Amulet, Rings and Boots have to cover the needed resists. I had room for attack speed on rings, so i needed less on Jewels. The assasins mark ring is mandatory to change my frenzy setup like shown in the gloves below

the Build have no use for a cdr belt. so this belt is the best choice with some attack speed, life, flat damage an crit multi jewels (which combination is really hard to find - the multi roll make them so rare)

the most important part for the 8 APS version of the build. it just gives to much attack speed. power charge on crit make it possible to have power charges in boss fights.

because of the 8 APS i always had some mana problems in boss fights. especially in the phase before the fight begins and you spam volatile dead to burst the boss as soon as he spawns. in this phase no mana leech is possible, so i always run out of mana. to solve this i come to the solution to use reduced mana and a watchers eye with -x Mana when Clarity is used. So my final Frenzy mana costs are 3 Mana (could be 2 Mana with max rolled watchers eye). This allows me to use the following Auras:

Anger, Purity of Elements (i've maxed out the damage and attack speed on rings, this Aura gave me the oppurtunity to do this), Herald of Ice and Clarity with an Enlighten 4. With this Setup i have 10 Mana left which is enough with 42 Mana Regen per second.

As a side note: If you are looking for gloves like this, don´t take gloves with multiple "supportet by xy gem". That just raises the Mana cost for Frenzy with no benefit. The only needed supported gem stat is "faster attacks".

The jewels. Perfekt would be Life, 8% attack Speed with wands + 2 damage rolls. Buts thats kind of rare. But these are fine. And like i said before, for an 8 APS build the watchers eye with the second stat -x mana when Clarity is used is simply the best. That allows to drop warlords mark (which i had on the second ring) and to drop the points for the second curse on the tree.

And here is the pastebin. Just imported from my charakter. I made no changes to calculate the real VD damage.

https://pastebin.com/kJptmqqX

If somebody wants to get started with this setup the most important part are the gloves. They are about 5-12 ex. To reduce the cost of the boots and rings it should be droped attack speed on rings and the damage (suffix) rolls on amulet for resists. That make it possible to get quite cheap rings, amulet and boots to get the needed resists. The jewels are another expensive part if you want to max the damage. At a start, 3 stat jewels (abyss or normal) with life, attack speed (at least a 6% roll) and one damage stat should be enough and only about 5-30c for each jewel.

Finally, to make it clear. The 8 APS version does not do more damage than the 4 APS version as long as only one active spell is used in each Pen. I've deciced to go to 8 APS because i wanted to use bodyswap and unearth, so two active spells for most part of the game. And in this case, the 4 APS Version lose a lot of VD damage on bosses. So if you want to have a faster playstyle and to use bodyswap on most bosses and have the needed currency, you should think about 8 APS
Last edited by Rake7 on Jan 12, 2018, 3:10:53 AM
wow. your gears' value is around 40ex total easily.
Im going ham on this build.
Will invest another 30ex more for VD enhance and fire leech jewels which are around 30ex.
Going to sell this

and

from my BER's pen build.
Damage from Ber's pen is disgustingly low in compared to Inquisitor's pen.
Very disappointed.
Last edited by N4Z on Jan 12, 2018, 1:10:53 AM
hi, thanks for the build having a great time so far, some observations that may be worth a look for peoples

hrimnors resolve is fantastic for leveling (once enchanted it is almost as good as enchanted starkonjas but not many people enchant it so hard to get, but I picked one up for 4 ex)

Yoke of suffering will allow your damage to shock which is huge (but needs first crit hit to cause shock then after that hits are bigger). need to swap elemental focus for crit strikes or similar though

oskram gloves are a decent alternative for assassins mark on hit (as opposed to ring)

curse on hit works better with chain thrown in but harder for sockets

I got real squishy in red maps with 6.3k life until I threw warlords mark into blasphemy seems I was not leeching very well.

edit; comment about arcane surge, turns out it doesnt work so ignore :)

I lost a lot of dps hitting 4aps because of cooldown skipping (POB doesnt recognise it though), i think it might be best to sit below 4 until you can go much higher in one step (I dont know how high as I havent done it :)

I tweaked the tree when needing dual curse https://pastebin.com/26DCHa9Q

still building and tweaking, need to work out that attack speed :)
best regards & thanks again, Phil
Last edited by WildWombat on Jan 15, 2018, 1:04:18 AM
"
Rake7 wrote:
Hi Guys, i finally found my final setup for the aimed 8 APS Bodyswap playstyle.

For all who are interested in reaching 8 APS too and have some currency to spend here is an short overview of it:

Weapon setup one for normal mapping and most bosses

Weapon setup two for bosses with "one shoot area" mechanics where i have to control where i have to be to avoid them

Body armour and helmet are equal to 4-5 APS builds

Amulet, Rings and Boots have to cover the needed resists. I had room for attack speed on rings, so i needed less on Jewels. The assasins mark ring is mandatory to change my frenzy setup like shown in the gloves below

the Build have no use for a cdr belt. so this belt is the best choice with some attack speed, life, flat damage an crit multi jewels (which combination is really hard to find - the multi roll make them so rare)

the most important part for the 8 APS version of the build. it just gives to much attack speed. power charge on crit make it possible to have power charges in boss fights.

because of the 8 APS i always had some mana problems in boss fights. especially in the phase before the fight begins and you spam volatile dead to burst the boss as soon as he spawns. in this phase no mana leech is possible, so i always run out of mana. to solve this i come to the solution to use reduced mana and a watchers eye with -x Mana when Clarity is used. So my final Frenzy mana costs are 3 Mana (could be 2 Mana with max rolled watchers eye). This allows me to use the following Auras:

Anger, Purity of Elements (i've maxed out the damage and attack speed on rings, this Aura gave me the oppurtunity to do this), Herald of Ice and Clarity with an Enlighten 4. With this Setup i have 10 Mana left which is enough with 42 Mana Regen per second.

As a side note: If you are looking for gloves like this, don´t take gloves with multiple "supportet by xy gem". That just raises the Mana cost for Frenzy with no benefit. The only needed supported gem stat is "faster attacks".

The jewels. Perfekt would be Life, 8% attack Speed with wands + 2 damage rolls. Buts thats kind of rare. But these are fine. And like i said before, for an 8 APS build the watchers eye with the second stat -x mana when Clarity is used is simply the best. That allows to drop warlords mark (which i had on the second ring) and to drop the points for the second curse on the tree.

And here is the pastebin. Just imported from my charakter. I made no changes to calculate the real VD damage.

https://pastebin.com/kJptmqqX

If somebody wants to get started with this setup the most important part are the gloves. They are about 5-12 ex. To reduce the cost of the boots and rings it should be droped attack speed on rings and the damage (suffix) rolls on amulet for resists. That make it possible to get quite cheap rings, amulet and boots to get the needed resists. The jewels are another expensive part if you want to max the damage. At a start, 3 stat jewels (abyss or normal) with life, attack speed (at least a 6% roll) and one damage stat should be enough and only about 5-30c for each jewel.

Finally, to make it clear. The 8 APS version does not do more damage than the 4 APS version as long as only one active spell is used in each Pen. I've deciced to go to 8 APS because i wanted to use bodyswap and unearth, so two active spells for most part of the game. And in this case, the 4 APS Version lose a lot of VD damage on bosses. So if you want to have a faster playstyle and to use bodyswap on most bosses and have the needed currency, you should think about 8 APS

I'm trying to build the build similar to yours could you evaluate my build please
"
WildWombat wrote:

I got real squishy in red maps with 6.3k life until I threw warlords mark into blasphemy seems I was not leeching very well.

This. Been enjoying the build while leveling, but had hard times without warlords mark even in yellow maps. With warlords mark i can easily run the easier red tier maps.
Running herald of ice and warlords mark as auras, maybe I'll try anger and warlords later.

I have to admit i didnt spend any currency on the build yet, apart from the wands and kaoms heart of course. Didnt even get jewel slots yet.
The price of the life leech abyssal jewel simply is riddiculous, but seems to make the build much more sustainable. Can't think of running shaper without it though, but I simply dont have the currency to buy it.
"
GsengteSau wrote:
"
WildWombat wrote:

This. Been enjoying the build while leveling, but had hard times without warlords mark even in yellow maps. With warlords mark i can easily run the easier red tier maps.
Running herald of ice and warlords mark as auras, maybe I'll try anger and warlords later.

I have to admit i didnt spend any currency on the build yet, apart from the wands and kaoms heart of course. Didnt even get jewel slots yet.
The price of the life leech abyssal jewel simply is riddiculous, but seems to make the build much more sustainable. Can't think of running shaper without it though, but I simply dont have the currency to buy it.

you don't need watchers for shaper, just +1 helm nd evade his slam/laser nd balls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info