[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
Timex1 wrote:
I yolo'd vaal'd a pen that dropped for me yesterday.

Just now starting this build and really enjoying it. Thanks for the build guide.

Gratz Man!

"
EFazzaD wrote:
Hi smelcami, thanks for the guide!

These are my items, some suggestions for improvement? Im a lvl 91 Scion Ascendant. Im leveling the 20% quality gems yet. Im with 6.8k life and around 33k Volatile Dead DPS. Im with 4.13 Frenzy APS unbuffed.

Thanks for your help!

Friend your items are fine, but you need the most important. The helmet with the enchant. atm my damage of VD is 45k in ho.
Last edited by smelcami on Jan 11, 2018, 6:35:01 AM
whats a good spell to replace bodyswap with (blue socket?) cant seem to get 3x green
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
"
Knampfclown wrote:
whats a good spell to replace bodyswap with (blue socket?) cant seem to get 3x green

what do you mean? the links are GGB and BBG for the pens
"
Knampfclown wrote:

don't use chromes. Go to vorici bench, make it 2 socket, buy 2 green. Then alternate buying the 3 socket craft and the 2 socket craft until you get 3 green. The two green you originally crafted will always stay so you'll just need to hope that you luck into a green on the 3 socket craft. It'll cost you like 20 jewelers tops.

To the other guy - 3 green is needed for the culling strike alternative as recommended in the OP's guide.
"
smelcami wrote:
Friend your items are fine, but you need the most important. The helmet with the enchant. atm my damage of VD is 45k in ho.

Can you explain to me why an additional corpse is better than extra damage? Without the enchantment, we can cast 3 Volatiles per Frenzy and with the enchantment we can cast 4. In my view, it is an increase of 33% damage against 40% of the extra damage enchant. I'm in doubt about that and I'll be grateful if you explain.

Thanks again!
ty for this guide, very fun build!

so i have a queston: can i use essence drain in poet pen with gmp and unearth? or is a bad idea without dot dmg
"
EFazzaD wrote:
"
smelcami wrote:

Can you explain to me why an additional corpse is better than extra damage? Without the enchantment, we can cast 3 Volatiles per Frenzy and with the enchantment we can cast 4. In my view, it is an increase of 33% damage against 40% of the extra damage enchant. I'm in doubt about that and I'll be grateful if you explain.

Thanks again!

1 extra corpse is 33% more damage, whereas the other enchant is only 40% increased damage.
IGN: Emfx
"
Emfx wrote:
"
EFazzaD wrote:
"
smelcami wrote:

Thanks again!

1 extra corpse is 33% more damage, whereas the other enchant is only 40% increased damage.

Do actually make it more clear. There is a difference in PoE between "increased" damage and "more" damage. "more" acutally really means more damage. "increased" doesn´t mean you do xx% more damage. So it can happen that 40% increased damage is, eg. only 10% more damage. Depends on your other stats.
"
EFazzaD wrote:
"
smelcami wrote:

Thanks again!

additive vs multiplicative brother, thats y ppl prefer more projectiles/inc aspd over inc dmg when its vailable
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
Ive got a head scratcher maybe you can help me with. I see you run to get Whispers of Doom, but looking at your gear i dont see where youre running a second curse (let alone why). After watching your a video i see you have Warlord's mark worked in. My question is how and is it massively important to run?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info